PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering

Sheilz
12th May 2006, 07:07 AM
I know this is very similar to another thread here but (got to be one of those) when I came back from my trip to Skye yesterday I was a bit taken aback at the whinning noise that persisted after switching off the engine. Took it for another mini-mini run around the block to see if whatever it was would switch off second time around. Nae luck. Had to go to my bed listening to specy whinning in the driveway. It was a bit spooky. I mean we all go on about minis having feelings but I felt having life on its own was kinda taking it too far. At breakfast time wee soul was 'exhausted' making a call to mini emergency a necessity. Car had its power steering motor replaced, I had a courtesy car within a couple of hours and car fixed and tucked up in his own bed by 6pm. Hats off to JC in Aberdeen for their service. I'd dreaded the bill but pleasantly surprised when I found out the warranty is three years unlimited miles. With 57,000 on the clock I'd been under the impression it expired at 50,000.
This is now my defence for any hint of criticism at such heavy usage - in true good Aberdonian fashion I am only ensuring value for money!
:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2006, 08:14 AM
A sad story with a happy ending. :D

X30YES
12th May 2006, 05:06 PM
Nice one Sheilz ....a happy ending indeed :D...57k :eek: !! who can top that :question:

ELFMAN
14th May 2006, 06:10 PM
Glad you got it sorted Sheilz! 57K? You're not sponsored by HEINZ are you? Makes a difference from folks who buy a MINI with 'all the toys' and then sell it after 2 or 3K. Well done you and the car.

By the way, did you ever get any joy with the numpties who didn't put your wheel on properly?

markyc
15th May 2006, 05:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Glad you got it sorted Sheilz! 57K? You're not sponsored by HEINZ are you? Makes a difference from folks who buy a MINI with 'all the toys' and then sell it after 2 or 3K. Well done you and the car.

By the way, did you ever get any joy with the numpties who didn't put your wheel on properly?

Yeh Shielz that would be interesting to find out how you got on :question::question:

Good goin indeed and the car still looks brill ;) 57k :eek: Jeez i've got some way to go :clown::clown::I;)

Sheilz
16th May 2006, 06:27 AM
Well aw shucks (blush on specy's behalf :I:I) thanks guys (:I:I).
Well this is utterly shameful of me - I haven't followed it up :eek:. Initially waited for the engineers report to come through, then it was waiting for Munro and/or Kris to get back from offshore, then just got too damned busy at work that the days disappeared into weeks without me realising it. :( I should have chased it up since people could have lost their lives because of their carelessness but..... Just a warning to everyone not to trust HiQ in Willowbank Road in Aberdeen to put on wheels properly. My little car did ***mph with a loose wheel! O my God, my hair stands on end just thinking about it!
I'd like to have new minis every other week too but I'd probably need counselling if I got rid of specy, he's part of the family besides I couldnt possibly afford it. I just love my wee car to bits. I was stopped in the courtyard at Marischall College in Abz last week by an English woman who asked to take a photo of specy for her daughter. She owns a tour company so dinna know if the photo was for business or pleasure. I think because its a patriotic wee car that even those who might be tempted to trash a bonnie car for whatever reason tend to be able to identify with it so minimizing the chance of vandalism. The response it gets from my clients would appear to back this theory up. I've seen colleagues cars damaged, especially when I worked in the school but specy has never had as much as a scratch on him. Of course, that might have been coz I let the kids know in in no uncertain terms that anyone breathing on him the wrong way would probably be be-headed at the very least, though I also offered bribes in the shape of hurls in him too! In essence specy has 'ned-appeal':D:D:D

ELFMAN
18th May 2006, 09:06 PM
Heh Heh Heh! Sheilz Man, Heh Heh Heh! That's why ah boat wan.Heh Heh Heh! Ya Dancer. It's the dug's! No whit ah mean Man? Pure brilliant MINIS eh? Other motors ur fur Dobbers man! Only wan 'hing - ah canny get ma Buckie Bottle in the cup holder man...Pure P*sh. Ah jist banged it throo the speedo. Sorted! Heh Heh Heh!

Note: Euan has a Degree in Ned Studies and a Higher National Diploma in Advanced Jaeckieism from the University of Lanarkshire.

Sheilz
19th May 2006, 02:06 AM
That aboot sums it up like min!:D:D:D:D:D