PDA

View Full Version : Due to appear in court (as a witness)

indigomatt
11th May 2006, 04:30 PM
Morning

The other day I received a Citation 123 to appear in court as a witness for the prosecution :eek:

Thought it was a mistake but phoned up to see, and it relates to an incident I barely remember last year :p

Basically I saw two youths running away for a car they had tried to nick...I called the police as they had a lighter and thought they might try and burn the thing :evil: I wasn’t wanting a burnt-out wreck sitting on the road for ages, besides ma mini might of got a load of soot on it :D

I gave a statement on the night to the effect that I only saw them running away and could not identify them...

I think it's very strange that they want me :D:D:D is this usual :question:

M

GAJ
11th May 2006, 05:18 PM
Yes. You witnessed it, you reported it so it's quite normal that you have been cited by the prosecution.

indigomatt
11th May 2006, 05:23 PM
Aye, but I saw nothing useful :p jus the back of them running away...

O well, never been to court, well....at least not for the prosecution :D:D;):D

Smurf
11th May 2006, 06:05 PM
I was called once, because my purse and other stuff was nicked out of my bag at Uni. Spent the morning sitting in the waiting room to be told the bloke pleaded guilty, and I could go home!

Don't think it's anything to panic about.

sleepyrascal
11th May 2006, 07:31 PM
I was called up for the same thing. I was just home from a night out (fairly drunk) and took the dog for a walk in the snow (3am ish). I saw a guy walking on the other side of the road, (a normal thing cos i live on a reasonably busy road)... but suddenly he took a giant sideways leap into a hedge... (no quite so normal) ... Just then a police car shot out from nowhere and it stopped to speak to ask if i had seen the guy, and soon after that, about 15 police came running round the corner and down the middle of the road.

Turns out this guy was one of the most wanted house burglers in the North East. I was called to give evidence simply that I did see a man at the scene, and that he jumped into the bush. I had to rougly describe his clothing also.

Im glad to say he is now behind bars.

All your expenses are paid for the time your in court (lost wages, travel etc). And your pretty well looked after. Its a bit like being famous for the day becasue I had a protector person and a private room so nobody could influence me in any way. BANTER!