PDA

View Full Version : Oh alright, I'll ask him then...

Willie M
14th November 2003, 09:18 PM
Looks like everyone's being a wee bit shy in asking Alan about his latest 'under bonnet' extraveganza.... so I'll ask him then, shall I? 8)

Well Al, what's the old BBR convertion like? Are you having to run it in or are you getting to let fly? How does it compare with the Hartge?

C'mon.... I know you're dying to tell us ;):D

Gismo
14th November 2003, 09:40 PM
Well, what can I say, having drove it home the other night I was a bit sceptical, the roads were quite bad due to the rain etc so I guess I didn't really try it out.

Yesterday I went through to JC's and driving along at my normal speed of around 78 mph ;) on the A90 you could defo hear a rumble from the engine that was not there before. My Julz commented on it as well so I guess it's there, the rumble sounded like one of those big V8's :) that when ticking over you just get the missed beat of the engine, well, in my case, the car ran very smoothly although this constant rumble was emitted. I guess if I was a boy racer :eek:, Hmmm, I would be quite glad, but, I think that maybe on a very long journey it might, I repeat might irritate me, time will tell :).
Acceleration, well, I'm not convinced yet that it's much faster through the gears than the Hartge, but, on the way home my Julz was giving me gyp about having spent all this money and dawdling along the road at my 78 mph like an old man wearing a cloth cap etc, so, after much cajoling :evil:;) I let go, well, now I see the difference, the car easily made it to xxx mph, substitute the XXX with the numbers 3, 0 and 1 in any order to make your own figure :eek: where I backed off as I don't really wanna lose my license on the A90!!!! But wow, there was still loads left to go :).
I think I'd be hard pushed to beat my Hartge to 60, don't get me wrong as it would, though we are talking hundreds of a second, but, higher end stuff is just fantastic. Which to me is ok, well worth the money as trying to keep more power on the road at the 0 - 60 stage is hard enough anyway. So, now, I just need some idiots to bait me, lol.
One vast improvement is the almost apparent loss of the traction control kicking in, hardly notice it coming on now and the power goes to the road easy enough.

As for the hi-fi, it's awesome, all the benefits of the 5 way amp and MP3 capability is immense, the sounds are incredible, no distortion even at burst ear drum level and listening (not watching) the 10 o'clock news on the M6 was pretty cool :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
14th November 2003, 10:17 PM
Sounds great Alan :cool: Look forward to being bolted into your passenger seat sometime and taken for a wee hurl (no, not that kind of hurl... well maybe) :D Interesting to hear that the traction control seems to kick in less now, seems like the BBR is a pretty refined beasty.

Watch that lisence though youngster ;)

Your ICE system looks mighty impressive too. Linda's just put our DVD player in to get 'multi-regioned', you wouldny mind parking in my drive over the weekend so we can watch a film or two? ;):D

Gismo
14th November 2003, 10:24 PM
Could have sold you an impressive multi region DVD changer that also plays MP3's and yes, i can be hired for private viewings

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
14th November 2003, 11:35 PM
alan - you should offer your services to the Stella Screen tour http://www.stellascreen.co.uk:)

This weekend they are showing Raiders of the Lost Ark at the new rock climbing centre in ratho (near Dalmahoy)

Maybe they'd be interested in showing the italian job in your MINI :D

3GGG
15th November 2003, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

] I let go, well, now I see the difference, the car easily made it to xxx mph, substitute the XXX with the numbers 3, 0 and 1 in any order to make your own figure :eek:

I'm appalled at such behaviour on a public road - there is no excuse for exceeding 300 Mph:eek:

Gismo
15th November 2003, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
I'm appalled at such behaviour on a public road - there is no excuse for exceeding 300 Mph:eek:
I'm sure it should read 301 ;)

Bonnie Scotland

macblob
15th November 2003, 07:36 PM
Very nice Bonnie, can i put my name down for a wee blast hehehehe

Gismo
15th November 2003, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Very nice Bonnie, can i put my name down for a wee blast hehehehe
Join the ever increasing queue :)

Bonnie Scotland

travelingmcmahans
16th November 2003, 02:55 AM
Hee hee, I am guaranteed a ride. :)

Gismo
16th November 2003, 03:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by travelingmcmahans

Hee hee, I am guaranteed a ride. :)In the interests of decency, no answers are required :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
16th November 2003, 05:13 PM
I know which car I want to do the 'After the festive run,run' recce in now :p:D:approve:

Tahra
17th November 2003, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I know which car I want to do the 'After the festive run,run' recce in now :p:D:approve:

and I'll just sit in the back watch telly and take notes !!!?!