PDA

View Full Version : Roof color

Hadi
10th May 2006, 11:25 PM
My Coop is cosmos black all over, i was thinking of getting the roof painted a different color ie white, i have the chrome mirrors so would it look better with a white roof or should i go for a flip paint color and if so, any suggestions :D

Scottie
10th May 2006, 11:28 PM
How about red. You now you can get the chilli red and black roof so how about black with chilli red roof.
Then some nice red checked viper stripes.:cool::cool:IMO.

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 11:33 PM
I'd keep it all black and go for some vipers, silver or chrome would be good.

X30YES
11th May 2006, 12:16 AM
Its not possible to paint the complete roof ......unless all the rubbers and trim are taken off ,round the roof , its a big job indeed ,only other way is to get checks etc or some graphic

Gismo
11th May 2006, 01:19 AM
Silver vipers look awesome :p;):cool:

AndyP & Lenore
11th May 2006, 01:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Its not possible to paint the complete roof ......unless all the rubbers and trim are taken off ,round the roof , its a big job indeed ,only other way is to get checks etc or some graphic

Angus, I've heard of the roof being done before. Not such a huge undertaking for a competent body shop. Dunedin in Selkirk (before they divorced themselves from anything out of the ordinary) arranged for someone who bought a Mini One to have a contrast roof done at their approved body shop.

However, if you have chrome mirrors and you want to be really extravagant what about this from Mini Sport (http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/exterior-detailing/carbon-fibre-chrome-styling/chrome-roof-product.html)

X30YES
11th May 2006, 03:13 AM
Oh it is possible Andy, but the first 4 pics show you what needs to be done to get a full paint job .....its all time and money at the end of the day !!

N12 JLK
11th May 2006, 04:34 AM
Hows the telly tonight Angus

Crombers
11th May 2006, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I'd keep it all black and go for some vipers, silver or chrome would be good.

Yup , as VB says :approve:

X30YES
11th May 2006, 02:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Hows the telly tonight Angus
Its better now that the weather is warmer ,as it saves me wearing a jacket whilst sitting at the shop window :D

AeroJonny
11th May 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm with VB and crombers, the car looks greatwith black all over, I'd get the arches colour coded instead of changing the roof colour then put on some silver vipers! If you are wondering tho, Henry Brothers will paint your roof any MINI colour for £400. There's a lecccy blue mcs in glasgow with a dark silver roof and it looks great, but i dont think it'd work on your black car. :)

Duncan Stewart
11th May 2006, 09:29 PM
Black with a white roof looks great :D but is a factory option. If you are going to the expense of painting the roof then go for something different. I've seen black with a yellow roof :p on a classic and it looked good :approve:

gill
12th May 2006, 01:01 AM
Yep, I'd go for silver vipers .... COOL :cool:

Hadi
12th May 2006, 04:35 AM
Cheers guys, how big a job is it to get the arches off to color code them, or do they stay on ? and who supplies and fits the chrome vipers ?

X30YES
12th May 2006, 05:11 AM
Arches need to come off (held on by clips ) and need to be replaced ,no big deal really or cost .
re vipers ...Silver or white , not Chrome ....go for the ones that John at Apex will fit ..good guy who knows his stuff ...see home page sponsor etc ..phone him

Scottie
12th May 2006, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hadi

My Coop is cosmos black all over, i was thinking of getting the roof painted a different color ie white, i have the chrome mirrors so would it look better with a white roof or should i go for a flip paint color and if so, any suggestions :D

check this out

http://www.mini2.com/forum/exterior/116578-black-chili-red-roof-anyone.html

The Dogfather
12th May 2006, 09:35 AM
Good post SC. Its certainly different, I like it :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2006, 07:01 PM
Wow.

Thats very effective. I like too.:D:D

ianking
12th May 2006, 10:04 PM
What about a silver or dark silver roof to go with the chrome bits.

Hadi
13th May 2006, 06:21 AM
can anyone think of a nice flip paint color that might go with it ? and where does this John guy work out of as i dont want to travel for 30 -40 miles to get them done if i can help it.

X30YES
16th May 2006, 07:14 AM
P'bello end of Edinburgh ...Call John on 0131 657 3530

Kosta
21st May 2006, 06:47 AM
You want a nice pearl on the roof, so when the sun hits it you get a subtle change in colour. Or to be really fancy, add some rage Spectraflash to the roof. Its like a glitter, and when the sun hits it you get a rainbow of pearls