PDA

View Full Version : strange noise

Hadi
10th May 2006, 06:43 AM
When my car is driving or ticking over i hear an electrical whining noise, when i turn steering moving or stationary it changes the pitch, even pushing up on the window button when it is up alters the noise, and when switching the engine off its like a whirring noise as it slows down to stop, almost like a fan stopping, i have 2 days left on my warranty so im going in to Henry bros with it tomorrow, any ideas :question:

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 06:49 AM
Alternator belt slipping, faulty alternator? Just a guess, but the fact that sound changes when you put an load on the electrical system sounds like an alternator fault.

T6 KFR
10th May 2006, 08:03 PM
two things:

when you are moving the steering , that noise is the hydraulic steering all mini cars have. Dont worry!

However, the whinnie noise, get your car in a few of us have had this, me included! What they have to do is replace on of the belts. The garage knows which one itis, i cant remember , sorry:I Problem solved!

Whinning / Fan Belt noise - page 7 of mini faults & fixes - this was my post when i had the problem!!!!!

Hadi
10th May 2006, 11:07 PM
Put the car in to Henry Bros today and they took it in to workshop and said it was the power steering and all minis do it, they also wouldnt fix my broken tweeter/door handle cover as they said someone had put in there own speakers :blackeye:

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, all MINIs have noisey steering, although I can't recall mine changing pitch when you put a load on the electrical system though.

AeroJonny
11th May 2006, 06:00 AM
I think pete mebbe put the uprated speakers in david, I spoke to him and he was meant to be havin a look for the key at the weekend but he never got back to me. he's workin in bristol and only comin up at the weekends so i'll try him again, I haven't forgotten, things are just a bit mental cos my finals are round the corner. :):D

Crombers
11th May 2006, 07:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hadi

Put the car in to Henry Bros today and they took it in to workshop and said it was the power steering and all minis do it, they also wouldnt fix my broken tweeter/door handle cover as they said someone had put in there own speakers :blackeye:

They sure don't like mods of any kind. Found HB to be spot on last week when they fixed my wee mowta :approve:

The Dogfather
11th May 2006, 07:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers
They sure don't like mods of any kind. Found HB to be spot on last week when they fixed my wee mowta :approve:

The only thing wrong with your car is the nut thats loose behind the steering wheel :p

Crombers
11th May 2006, 08:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

The only thing wrong with your car is the nut thats loose behind the steering wheel :p

& the one that eats MX5's :p;):D

markyc
12th May 2006, 03:20 AM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:clown:;)

Crombers
12th May 2006, 07:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:clown:;)

Oi Lord Bucket , shut it :p;):D