PDA

View Full Version : Minis & kids

diyhell
8th May 2006, 08:22 PM
So, bought a Cooper S (fantastic btw) in January, on or around the day it turns out my wife got pregnant. Ignoring the conception-enhancing qualities of the Mini for now, I'm being driven mad by everyone saying its gonna have to go and be replaced by a people carrier.

Any suggestions from those of you with kids for a pram/buggy and car seat that will keep us Minified until after the baby is born in October?

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 08:26 PM
buggy, quinniy zapp.....i had to by one for my S Cabrio
Now i have a 2 and 8 year old,and there's plenty room.:p

Monsta Mo Mini
8th May 2006, 09:33 PM
We had a McLaren type buggy (not really any good for new borns) which fitted with the rear seat split, doesn't leave much room for anything else. In the end the MINI had to go. You have no idea how much stuff you have to take anywhere. If it's your only car it'll be tight!

Got a Golf GTI now, all the fun but with 5 doors and a boot!

diyhell
8th May 2006, 10:00 PM
Not quite the suggestion I was looking for Monsta Mo (but am concerned you may be correct...)

diyhell
8th May 2006, 10:01 PM
But don't any other Mini owner be put off if you know better!

Burple
8th May 2006, 11:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

buggy, quinniy zapp.....i had to by one for my S Cabrio
Now i have a 2 and 8 year old,and there's plenty room.:p

If only you could keep it in yer pants ;);):D:p:p

Monsta Mo Mini
8th May 2006, 11:50 PM
Just telling you like it was! ;)

Burple
8th May 2006, 11:50 PM
All new Minis come with ISO-fix mounting points for all things teeny and screaming :cool::D

(and I don't mean myself before anyone (you knw who you are) says it :p:p:p)

Big Col
8th May 2006, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

All new Minis come with ISO-fix mounting points for all things teeny and screaming :cool::D

(and I don't mean myself before anyone (you knw who you are) says it :p:p:p)

<deleted half typed post> :(

The Bull
11th May 2006, 02:03 AM
Have to agree with Monsta. The Mini is fine for getting the buggy in but for practicalities like moving the car seat from car to car or getting the dog (and anything else!) in it's no good. I'm getting a Civic in July.

If you don't need to move the car seat anywhere or dont have a dog....or don't need to get anything else in the car except a baby and a buggy (pram is a definite no-no) the the Mini is the best car in the world...keep it!!

:cool:

N12 JLK
11th May 2006, 04:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by picklehammer

Have to agree with Monsta. The Mini is fine for getting the buggy in but for practicalities like moving the car seat from car to car or getting the dog (and anything else!) in it's no good. I'm getting a Civic in July.

If you don't need to move the car seat anywhere or dont have a dog....or don't need to get anything else in the car except a baby and a buggy (pram is a definite no-no) the the Mini is the best car in the world...keep it!!

:cool:

Take it your keeping the MINI but getting a Civic also.

Crombers
11th May 2006, 06:55 AM
Kids eh!! , you'll be back :approve:

lightbody
13th May 2006, 01:49 AM
get a big roof box!