PDA

View Full Version : my first mini chosing problem.........

bigpoppa81
8th May 2006, 03:00 AM
basically im in the position where i need to get rid of my 2005 focus cos its just too big, the size is too much to get in my garage so i need something smaller, ive set my heart on a mini, but after going to the dealers to get some prices sorted out, i was set on a mini cooper but finances are meaning i might have to 'settle' for a mini one. now i aint a boy racer or anything but the 90 bhp was putting me off and the thought that if i did own a cooper and whenever you say to someone ive got a mini and they go a cooper? i would feel bad by saying no only a mini one, but ive noticed that there is a chip to take the bhp to over a cooper so that would sort the speed problems out, but is there any other differences between a cooper and one that would get to me over time and i would go nuts and wish i made myself poor and got a cooper?

also ive seen a set of 17 cooper s wheels for sale and i would be getting these if i did get my mini one, would these go straight on?

duncan
8th May 2006, 03:28 AM
Don't feel bad about having a One, its a great car. It is a MINI after all!
So what if others say "is it a Cooper?" Most of the non MINI drivers probably couldnt tell you the range.
Thats their problem, and not yours, to be honest.
I'd suggest that you should go for a test drive in both, and see what the difference is.

As for the wheels, the MINI wheels will fit each other, so putting a set of 17's on a One isn't a problem.

I'd spec as many of the "big" things, (like a/c, sunroof, Salt or Pepper Pack, etc) you can afford, and any of the retrofit items, like lights, trim, and such add later.

Good luck!

Lynsey
8th May 2006, 03:49 AM
Have a look at my profile and you'll see the pic of my mini one, I used to have a red one and I bought my purple one last november, ive debadged it and it looks like a cooper, to be honest with you, 90bhp might not seem alot but i'll let you know, its bloody nippy, my boyfriend has a scooby and he loved driving the go-kart feel of the mini. I wouldnt let the engine power put you off!