PDA

View Full Version : Rear Lights Staying On

Smitty
8th May 2006, 12:48 AM
As the title says!!

Happened twice with me now, haven't checked with mother yet, so may have happened more!

Turned the ingntion off, switched lights off, lock the car, front lights off, rear lights on.

Anyone any idea what is going on??:dead::blackeye:

duncan
8th May 2006, 01:16 AM
Is it the side lights, or the brake lights?

I've had the brake lights stay on.
No fault found at JC's, but they say their sending the info to MINI UK.

Smitty
8th May 2006, 02:38 AM
Side lights....I think, but i double check next time it happens

I read your post before, so looks like it could be something very similair, trips to JC's i think!

midge
10th May 2006, 09:08 PM
It's happened to me as well, came out one night to find the brake lights were still on. I also found out one night that, with the engine switched off, all lights switched off and with the keys out of the ignition, if I flashed the mainbeam lights the xenons lowbeams would come on, very odd!

Smitty
10th May 2006, 09:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by midge

It's happened to me as well, came out one night to find the brake lights were still on. I also found out one night that, with the engine switched off, all lights switched off and with the keys out of the ignition, if I flashed the mainbeam lights the xenons lowbeams would come on, very odd!

Did you ever to to your delaer about it?

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 10:33 PM
quote:It's happened to me as well, came out one night to find the brake lights were still on. I also found out one night that, with the engine switched off, all lights switched off and with the keys out of the ignition, if I flashed the mainbeam lights the xenons lowbeams would come on, very odd!

Yeah, thats a feature on the car they stay on for about 20 secs so you can see where you're walking :D

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 10:34 PM
Although, back ones on only sounds like a fault.

MartinSullivan
10th May 2006, 10:41 PM
But well done for getting two extra posts out of that Paul :p , yes the follow me home lights are only the fronts.

The Dogfather
10th May 2006, 11:27 PM
It's called a follow up ;)

So that's 3 now :p

Burple
10th May 2006, 11:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

It's called a follow up ;)

So that's 3 now :p

..better than a follow-through!! :D:D:D:eek:

(shameless post-whoring :D:D:D)