PDA

View Full Version : Sony CD player...not playing CD's ..

aimee_s
7th May 2006, 07:00 PM
So my 18month old Sony CD player has decided to stop playing CDs. Any CDs. It just makes a pathetic attempt to read them for a few seconds, then says ERROR and beeps. In an annoying way that only Sony HU's seem to do. Any ideas as to what it could be? Fixable by who? And I cant remember who I bought it from, it was an internet audio site, but since its 18months old dont think that really matters now?

Gismo
7th May 2006, 08:02 PM
Is it a face off type, there may be a reset button behind the panel, or even in the back of the face off bit.
If you still have the manual all the better, check for a reset button and try that.
Also, try removing the fuse to totally disconnect any kind of current to the unit.
If all that fails it most probably is knacked

aimee_s
8th May 2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks.....will give all those a go when I get back to the car today-fingers crossed!! A friend suggested the laser may have been knocked slightly 'off'? Is that a possiblility?

Sheilz
16th May 2006, 06:45 AM
My sony player sometimes doesnt work either. Doesnt appear to malfunction to a pattern just when it feels like it. Can be a right pest . What I find sometimes works is if I remove the key from the ignition the player start up ok though this remedy isnt guaranteed to work everytime. Naw! in fact its usually just afore I start screaming and get to point of chucking the frontplate oot the window that it decides to behave itself.

X30YES
16th May 2006, 06:53 AM
Ever tried the simple things like clean the player ?