PDA

View Full Version : Not available?

The Bull
7th May 2006, 08:22 AM
A work mate of mine just tried to order a new MCS for his new lease car and was told by the lease companies that they couldn't get him the car. The explanation was that the new model is out in November and they only have certain colour/spec combinations left!!

Is that right? Surely they are still knocking them out at Oxford?

X30YES
7th May 2006, 08:40 AM
In its fifth year since sales began, MINI UK has achieved its biggest registration month on record with 7,687 MINIs sold during March 2006. Demand for the Oxford-built MINI continues unabated which is why the plant is undergoing an investment programme to increase production capacity. Since the announcement in February 2005 of over £100 million investment, new equipment is being installed to take capacity up to 240,000 units in the medium-term.
MINI are thought to be planning a real retro-fest for the last of the current generation MINI line, with new colour schemes to be introduced as a limited run towards the end of production. The new colours originate from the Classic Mini's heyday back in the 1960s and 70s.

Apparently, MINI wants to go out with a bang and show some flare to give the last of the current generation a really unique and special send off, but those old enough to remember the "good ol' days" of British Leyland may not be so excited about the planned kaleidoscope of colours as those not so familiar with the colour schemes of the past may be.

The new schemes should be available on a "mix and match" basis, but the colour pallet in question is:

Surf Blue (a vibrant blue), Java Green (emerald green), Applejack (a very bright green), Sand Glow (an orangey yellow), Harvest Gold (metallic gold) and Russet (a shade of brown). Sand Glow will also become a colour choice for the roof, and apparently offers a "stunning contrast" in particular to the Java Green and Russet, which are expected to be popular choices.

Rumour has it the new colours will go into production as early as May this year and will go through until production ends in the Autumn
Expect the new colours to come at a premium in line with the metallic paint costs, if at all.

Information: MINI Press

Duncan Stewart
7th May 2006, 05:19 PM
Russet Brown!:eek: I had that on one of my clubmans - more like mud brown :p

Scottie
7th May 2006, 05:54 PM
surf blue sounds nice.

lightbody
7th May 2006, 07:36 PM
I thought we decided (on another thread) that this news about the colours was an april fool?

THe line about the Cooper S must be rubbish - Each MINI is custom-made to order so there is no "stock".

Smitty
7th May 2006, 07:59 PM
Yup, seem to remember this being an april fool!

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 04:05 AM
it is rubbish,also you can still get an S, nae bother...

X30YES
8th May 2006, 04:37 PM
Yes ,it might be rubbish ...I only copied the news from Mini Press on M2:(,but they aint gonna stop one model one day and start the new version the next are they :question:,Im sure you can could order a new one today , but as time runs out !!!!:p,no smoke without fire and all that ;)

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Yes ,it might be rubbish ...I only copied the news from Mini Press on M2:(,but they aint gonna stop one model one day and start the new version the next are they :question:,Im sure you can could order a new one today , but as time runs out !!!!:p,no smoke without fire and all that ;)

:Iwisny avin a go mate......;)

X30YES
8th May 2006, 04:54 PM
I know that Ian ,np :blackeye:
Thought you had 'left the building anway ':p:D:D

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 05:50 PM
am goin,am goin......[v][v]