PDA

View Full Version : CONCRETE BODYWORK

ianking
7th May 2006, 05:15 AM
Menzies kindly gave my car a new image when it was with them for 3 days this week. I now have cement splatters all over it. Not to worry though I had discussions with their customer service manager on Friday and he is going to resolve it for me and also have words with their builders.
Every time I go and look at the car though it makes me a little upset. I didnt notice it though until I started driving home from the garage as their was so much dust on it from sitting in their building site that it hid the cement spots. http://www.dcs.napier.ac.uk/~04004306/images/mini.jpg

this pic shows only some of my new paintwork design as I also have it on the roof, lights, windows, plastic trim, doors and even the tailgate. At least its consistent anyway.

Scottie
7th May 2006, 05:23 AM
jeez that's no good. Who is the builders??? not Tulloch by and chance.???

ianking
7th May 2006, 05:29 AM
not sure who their builders are. Im not local to Stirling though. I just started going to Menzies cause they sponsor the site and cause I got a good deal from Broon

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2006, 05:33 AM
Thats a shame Ian. Glad Menzies are going to sort it out for you though.

See you tomorrow.:D

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 05:40 AM
uhoh sorry to hear that, i'd be raging if it was me, better not happen to mine when its up there! :evil:

ianking
7th May 2006, 06:04 AM
I was pretty mad when I spotted it and was up for a bit of a rant but the chap I spoke to on the phone was very good and understood why I was tad upset. He will sort everything and I have good faith in him. However I will be going round the car with a fine tooth comb before I accept it back.

X30YES
7th May 2006, 09:06 AM
Heavens , that's not so good !!,and you were lucky you were at a dealers in a way and not in a car park , imagine trying to get a claim sorted out from a shop/ car park /builders etc that would have been a head ache for sure

Duncan Stewart
7th May 2006, 05:23 PM
Thats awful Ian, hope you get it sorted OK.

ianking
8th May 2006, 04:59 AM
After closer inspection today from several newminiscotland members it seems as though it is not cement after all, rather worryingly though it is silver paint. Most likely from the bodyshop at Menzies as the car was in there for 2 days getting a water leek fixed.

X30YES
8th May 2006, 06:42 AM
Sure looks like paint spray to me Ian, and hope you get it sorted soon .

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 04:53 PM
Not good Ian, we will obviosly get it sorted out, but you can rest assured its a phisical impossability to get overspray like that on your car from the bodyshop , however we do have a theory as to how it happened when the car was outside and we are on the case mate......

ianking
8th May 2006, 05:37 PM
Im a bit happier now that I know you are on the case Iain. It certainly looks like paint anyway and not concrete as I first thought.
Can you shed any light on how you think it has happened and when you think it will be fixed.

Wul
9th May 2006, 05:44 AM
Builders spraying the steelwork on the extension were they Iain?

Mini Me
9th May 2006, 04:01 PM
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm.