PDA

View Full Version : some mods

soopercooper
7th May 2006, 01:01 AM
my cooper is booked in to get some viper stripes,goin for charcoal coloured stripes,my cooper has a chilli pack and was just wondering how would it handle if i where to put 17inch alloys woth 205/40/17 tyres on it.has anyone done it,just want to know before i spend the money.getting ny viper stripes done for 60,supplied and fitted,is that good.

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 01:06 AM
well ive just put an order in for 17" run flats, currently on 16" 5 star run flats, will let you know of any differences although my thread might help http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7582

X30YES
7th May 2006, 01:14 AM
That old chestnut again !!!!! A Bumpy Bumpy Hard ride , but if its with the standard springs it might be ok ..you will notice the difference i'm sure ;)

soopercooper
7th May 2006, 01:15 AM
what wheels u goin for.iv currently got 16 star runflats too,but i was contempating goin bak to just normal tyres and buying some slime incase of a puncture

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 01:16 AM
well the way i see it, is if theres so many cooper s owners out there running 17"'s with harder suspension than my cooper, should be no reason why i can't put up with it.

plus it couldnt be any harder a ride as it is :P

R99 anthracites w/ dunlops

X30YES
7th May 2006, 01:21 AM
<17's sports plus ..nightmare ,and have no fillings left in my teeth , however ,thrashing the A** out of it is fantstic on back country roads :D...till you hit a pot hole that is :eek: