PDA

View Full Version : Customer care goes out the window

avdero
6th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Hi New to this forum but had CooperS for over 17 months and 16k miles.
Heard over the weekend that everybodys favourite uncle Arnold has finally got his hands on BMW / MINI as he has just bought good old Harry Fairbairns. I was/am not too happy with the service I got at Fairbairns but I will now never be back:dead:

Craig
6th May 2006, 04:27 PM
it had to happen some time...... but oh dear....:disapprove:

X30YES
6th May 2006, 04:30 PM
Welcome to NMS, try posting here and say hello (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=11);)

Mini Me
6th May 2006, 05:15 PM
Happened over a week ago[v].....
To be honest, because ot the dealer standards installed by BMW ,you shouldnt notice any drop in customer service,it should be just as good as always.

X30YES
6th May 2006, 06:05 PM
"should be just as good as always." :p:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Happened over a week ago[v].....
To be honest, because ot the dealer standards installed by BMW ,you shouldnt notice any drop in customer service,it should be just as good as always.

PMSL.

So, with the exception of you, and let's not forget you are leaving:eek:, "just as good as always" = crap.:(:(:eek::blackeye:;)

Mini Me
6th May 2006, 07:34 PM
nooooo, fairbairn's are a good bunch of guy's,what i meant was it should remain good service

Scottie
7th May 2006, 02:22 AM
you never no it might improve under Arnold Clark.

You shouldn't let big named companies like the above put you off a dealership.

I didn't when I bought a couple of cars from Menzies. I had to look past the fact that Macrae and Dick owned them as I have had several awful dealings with them up here @ Inverness to be honest it was difficult as I was never going to buy another car from them but the Mini Staff were great.

lightbody
7th May 2006, 07:39 AM
OH NO!! This is terrible news!

I ***REFUSE UTTERLY*** to do business with Arnold - and I just have done by mistake - ARGH!!!

I also REFUSE to use the other Glasgow MINI dealer after some repeatedly disastrous customer service.

What do I do now??

The Dogfather
7th May 2006, 07:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

I ***REFUSE UTTERLY*** to do business with Arnold - and I just have done by mistake - ARGH!!!

I also REFUSE to use the other Glasgow MINI dealer after some repeatedly disastrous customer service.

What do I do now??

Buy a Mazda ;):D

X30YES
7th May 2006, 08:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

What do I do now??
Try Parks in Hamilton ,Ive always used them and have never had any trouble getting any work done ,they even come and pick the car up from the house if they cant supply me with a car for the day .

lightbody
7th May 2006, 07:34 PM
Don't tempt me about the Mazda - every time the sun shines or I see one with its top down I think about it again! The Mazda felt special every time I drove it... think I'm getting a bit bored with the mini now!

Parks of Hamilton is a good idea - not very convenient but the best option probably.

ny152
8th May 2006, 08:35 AM
I worry for Fairbairns staff then :(.
They were always very helpful and friendly. Uncle Arnold doesn't seem to promote those features very much in his other dealerships though.

On the other hand, maybe they'll start offering some fantastic deals on pre-reg MINI's :clown:.

Wul
8th May 2006, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Try Parks in Hamilton ,Ive always used them and have never had any trouble getting any work done ,they even come and pick the car up from the house if they cant supply me with a car for the day .

Aye - they did that with me once - only to phone me at 4pm to say the car wasn't ready and they couldn't bring it back to me till the next day! Wasn't a happy bunny!