PDA

View Full Version : de badging

Scottie
5th May 2006, 04:05 AM
I'm asking on behalf of someone is it easy to de badge the Mini

i.e. remove the Cooper badge from the rear boot. is it just of case get the hair dryer out heat the badge up and then remove or are there any holes under the badge.????

Sweeney
5th May 2006, 04:08 AM
i don't think there would be holes for it fiona, don't remember seeing any in that factory video when it showed you the bodys being made and it would be uneconomical for bmw to make one body with holes and another without, for those who choose the debadging option... so i would assume its the same as the works badges, just sticking them on, although i can't say for sure.

Mini Me
5th May 2006, 04:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

i.e. remove the Cooper badge from the rear boot. is it just of case get the hair dryer out heat the badge up and then remove or are there any holes under the badge.????

easy peesy, they are stuck on Fe.If your friend is local ,send him in and i will get it done for him/her..nae charge of course :D;)

Scottie
5th May 2006, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

easy peesy, they are stuck on Fe.If your friend is local ,send him in and i will get it done for him/her..nae charge of course :D;)

ah well I'm afraid he bought the car fae Calter.....

but he is Local to you:p but I'm sure I can talk Calter in to doing free of charge;)

X30YES
5th May 2006, 04:22 AM
Hot water (kettle)will do it I would think

markyc
5th May 2006, 04:33 AM
Fi It's a doddle to do, hair dryer or as Angus says hot water just to loosen the sticky pads and then they come off easy :D A wee bit of tar remover will take of any reside left and there you go a nice clean bum (the car's i mean :eek::eek::dead:;))

Mini Me
5th May 2006, 04:35 AM
Oi Fe, just cos he didny buy the car fae me, doesn't mean i wouldn't help him out....
Now you know that...shame on you :p

Scottie
5th May 2006, 04:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Oi Fe, just cos he didny buy the car fae me, doesn't mean i wouldn't help him out....
Now you know that...shame on you :p

I know that Iain but he's a shy guy don't think he would come in to your place without me.:p;) and as I'm not down the road until June you will more than likely be away.:(

Burple
5th May 2006, 06:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

i don't think there would be holes for it fiona, don't remember seeing any in that factory video when it showed you the bodys being made and it would be uneconomical for bmw to make one body with holes and another without, for those who choose the debadging option... so i would assume its the same as the works badges, just sticking them on, although i can't say for sure.

<ahem>.... video?

You mean you haven't been on the fatory tour where you can see the bare shells without any holes ;) before they're painted? ;);):D:p

james f
5th May 2006, 07:21 AM
wd-40 takes all the glue residue off as well without damaging the piant work

Sweeney
5th May 2006, 02:23 PM
lnl thats correct, if theres one next year ill defo go, this years was too short notice :(

N12 JLK
5th May 2006, 11:37 PM
Why does he want to de-badge it:question:

Scottie
6th May 2006, 12:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

good question. I guess he's young and it's what he wants to do.:)

Burple
6th May 2006, 12:28 AM

I got mine delivered that way... cos I like it better, and if i want ;) I can get something else to go on there instead :p:p:p

..like the White Cooper had.

The Dogfather
6th May 2006, 12:38 AM
I think de-badging it will make it look like a MINI One, plus doesn't the Cooper badge mean summat. You know the connection with sporting minis of the past.

I mean if LnL did it its got to be wrong :D

Mon the fish
6th May 2006, 02:38 AM
My S is debadged, easier to polish. Only got the JCW badge on the boot, despite me telling the dealer not to put it on either! :disapprove:

Sweeney
6th May 2006, 02:59 AM
everyone to their own...
although i must admit; i prefer seeing a car with a badge on it rather than off :)

Burple
6th May 2006, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I think de-badging it will make it look like a MINI One, plus doesn't the Cooper badge mean summat. You know the connection with sporting minis of the past.

I mean if LnL did it its got to be wrong :D

:p:p:p THat from the man who got rid of his nice Cooper for a Hairdresser's mid-life crisis car! :p:p:p:p:D:D

It's debadged cos it's in Stealth mode :p:cool:

duncan
6th May 2006, 11:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

I got mine delivered that way... cos I like it better, and if i want ;) I can get something else to go on there instead :p:p:p

..like the White Cooper had.

Be proud of your One!

Its like you're ashamed of it, by debadging it!

Burple
7th May 2006, 07:05 AM
quote:

Its like you're ashamed of it, by debadging it!

But then people can't judge it 'cos it's a One ;)

There's only one real giveaway to it's real identity.. (..for now ;))
Makes it easier to keep the boot lid clean too - no fiddly badge :p:D