PDA

View Full Version : FAO Scottiecoop

alanm73
4th May 2006, 06:16 AM
Hi

Was washing my car (your old one) tonight and noticed it has 2 black "S" badges and one red.

Can you remember where you bought them so i can get another black one? as i canny seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

Alan

Scottie
4th May 2006, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by alanm73

Hi

Was washing my car (your old one) tonight and noticed it has 2 black "S" badges and one red.

Can you remember where you bought them so i can get another black one? as i canny seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

Alan

hope you used the two bucket system;) when washing the car.

I forgot about the badges they are a bit crap company no longer selling them you'd be aswell ripping the other two black yins of they will eventually just fall of.:(

Scottie
4th May 2006, 06:37 AM
forgot to mention they are just black sticky on's that stick over the normal red s badge.

P.S. how would you like to buy a whalen gear shift gear knob to fit on the short shifter assuming you still have it fitted. Much better than the alta one I put on.:D

alanm73
4th May 2006, 06:48 AM
AH i shall return the car to red badges then.

I quite like the Alta gear shift knob and love the short shifter kit as it's a dream to change gear with (apart from reverse)

As for the two bucket system mmmm i use one soapy to wash and one clean for the megs drying cloth, Which i take is wrong? you will need to enlighten me on this one.

p.s. what did you use to wax the car with?

Scottie
4th May 2006, 06:55 AM

AH i shall return the car to red badges then.

I quite like the Alta gear shift knob and love the short shifter kit as it's a dream to change gear with (apart from reverse)

As for the two bucket system mmmm i use one soapy to wash and one clean for the megs drying cloth, Which i take is wrong? you will need to enlighten me on this one.

p.s. what did you use to wax the car with?

check Wul car care thread on cleaning products and the two bucket routine.

If you like the Alta Knob you will love the Whalen one as I'm sure some folks can verify.:) plus it has the mini wings with a S logo and all the gear postions.

Let me know if your interested.

alanm73
4th May 2006, 06:56 AM
You got a pic of it?

Scottie
4th May 2006, 07:02 AM

You got a pic of it?

here is the guys website

http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com/models.htm

I will see what I can do about a pic.

Scottie
4th May 2006, 07:07 AM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72341&d=1110951821

alanm73
5th May 2006, 05:45 AM
I might regret this but how much ££££

Scottie
8th May 2006, 12:14 AM

I might regret this but how much ££££

£30.

Mini Martyn
12th May 2006, 05:30 AM
Buy it, buy it, buy it, from having the luck of having one on my old mini (boy do i miss that car) they feel great and make the shift even nicer!!! :D

oh and they look amazing too dont they Big Col?? :D;)

Big Col
12th May 2006, 06:37 AM
Yup! I love 'em! :)