PDA

View Full Version : new guy with questions

bigpoppa81
4th May 2006, 01:24 AM
hello my names dan, im 24 from sunderland

im currently thinking about changing my car over, i have a 2005 new shape 3 door ford focus, and whilst its nice and smooth and new and stuff it is just so boring, its a 1.6 with 115bhp but i cant take the grandad jokes anymore haha,
im thinking about trading it in for a new shape mini cooper, the main thing that im worried about is this:
i test drove a mini before i went for the focus but the only think that put me off was the lack of boot space, the thing is i like to take my dog out (black lab) in the back for walks and stuff and the focus is a monster sizewise but its killing me trying to park it in my garage cos its so wide, i hear the mini back seats fold down? do they lie flat? cos if so i could be going for a mini cos i love them so much compared to my focus.

also out of the focus i get roughly 200 miles out of £20 would i get the same from the mini? (bearing in mind i aint a boy racer, and i used to get 300 miles out of £30 from my old clio 172 and thats a 2.0!)

finally, would a set of 17 inch cooper s wheels go straight onto a cooper no problem?

any help would be great thanks

Mark R
4th May 2006, 01:43 AM
Welcome to NMS. The MINI rear seats do fold down flat but I think there is a step up from the level of the boot to the seats when they are flat. I've only had mine down twice to check since I got the MINI so I'm sure someone else can tell you for sure. I'm sure you could also just go along to a dealer and ask them to show you how the seats go down if you want to see.

I tend to get about 320 miles on a full tank which is about £30 - £40, I can remember how much exactly but will be filling up later tonight so I'll let you know then if no-one else has by that time.

Gismo
4th May 2006, 02:00 AM
Hi Dan, welcome to the site, yes the seats do fold down, but as mentioned they don't fold down entirely flat.
Where the seats move forward the "boot" space is left, so, a small step up, however, don't let that put you off. You could easily manufacture an MDF type shelf to fill the area so your dog wouldn't fall into the space.

You will get around 300 - 340 miles from a cooper, it's a 50 litre tank so do the maths, depends on what the price is in your area etc.

Finally, yes, 17" wheels and tyres will straight swap and is actually part of the Chili Pack, albeit S Spokes :)

I dread to think what trade in price you'll get for the focus, but, you never know

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 02:22 AM
Hi Dan,

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/welcome.gif

Just what BS said.:approve::approve::approve:

A.

Smitty
4th May 2006, 02:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Finally, yes, 17" wheels and tyres will straight swap and is actually part of the Chili Pack, albeit S Spokes :)

Since when BS? Is this a new feature of Chilli pack, beacuae i thought it was just an upgrade to 16 inch alloys, was that way when we got our MINI anyway!

As for the dog......u should have no problem mate. My mate's mum has a Golden Retriever and they fit it in with the seats folded no problem!!:D

Welcome to NMS by the way;)

Craig
4th May 2006, 03:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Since when BS? Is this a new feature of Chilli pack, beacuae i thought it was just an upgrade to 16 inch alloys, was that way when we got our MINI anyway!

As for the dog......u should have no problem mate. My mate's mum has a Golden Retriever and they fit it in with the seats folded no problem!!:D

Welcome to NMS by the way;)

your right smitty and BS is wrong :eek:;):approve:.. the chilli pack upgrades to 16" wheels only (choice of however). If you want 17"'s you need to pay more money.. ;)

Smitty
4th May 2006, 03:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

your right smitty and BS is wrong :eek:;):approve:.. the chilli pack upgrades to 16" wheels only (choice of however). If you want 17"'s you need to pay more money.. ;)

Haha take that BS:approve:;)

I'll let you off though......after all us Brechin people are much more clever that Montrose people:p:D;)

Mon the fish
4th May 2006, 03:45 AM
I used to get 380ish miles out of a tank on my old Cooper, 320-340 out of the S Works. £48 to fill with the good stuff, now £1 a litre :eek::blackeye::disapprove:

Sweeney
4th May 2006, 03:49 AM
i get 320-360 just now, before the soundkit + my foot was a good bit "lighter" i'd get around 420+

The Dogfather
4th May 2006, 04:00 AM
Dogs? Stick him on the back seat in the special dog seat cover that BMW make, just make sure you have a seat harness on him. That's what we did with ours. I can send you a pic of what it looks like - send me a PM (click the envelope icon)

Gismo
4th May 2006, 04:28 AM
Yes yes alright, i forgot to add the extra WITH the Chili Pack :I

gill
4th May 2006, 04:47 AM
Hello and welcome to the site.

MUST buy a mini ... we have two dogs (one, an alsation) and although they're not often in the car, room isn't an issue when they are!

BUY, BUY, BUY .... :D:D:D

AeroJonny
4th May 2006, 04:56 AM
U get 17s with the chili pack on an s, easy mistake to make! ;)

alanm73
4th May 2006, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the forum

I have just got rid of an Audi A£ for my Cooper S and dont find the boot space/back seats folded a problem.

Why not put a blanket on the back seat and let the dog in there?

Neil and Lorna
5th May 2006, 04:04 AM
Welcome to NMS.

We quite often take our border collie in the boot with the seats in the upright position with the parcel shelf removed. Only for short distances though.

Neil:D

Smurf
5th May 2006, 04:25 AM
Welcome to NMS! :D
Seems like all your questions are answered!

(BUY A MINI!)

X30YES
5th May 2006, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the fun hoose

markyc
5th May 2006, 04:57 AM
Welcome to NMSland :D:D Buy the Mini and sell yer dug :eek::eek::evil::D;):clown:

Only kiddin (about sellin yer dug)

Duncan Stewart
5th May 2006, 05:34 PM
:D Welcome :D Make the change - you won't regret it