PDA

View Full Version : Strut Brace question

Scottie
4th May 2006, 12:55 AM
Anyone fitted a strut brace to a Cooper. What kind did you get.?? Does it clear the battery ok.

I know it makes no real difference to the way the car performs but it looks cool.:cool:

Hadi
4th May 2006, 02:11 AM
Theres one on the cooper i got at the weekend, will have a look soon.

Mini Me
4th May 2006, 02:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Anyone fitted a strut brace to a Cooper. What kind did you get.?? Does it clear the battery ok.

I know it makes no real difference to the way the car performs but it looks cool.:cool:

what about the JCW one,with a little mod, it'l fit lovely:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Now, I've met Gaj and Calum and neither of them strike me as being little. Never met BS though. Or Wul.:eek::eek::eek:

Scottie
5th May 2006, 04:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

what's the little mod??? come on tell me.

X30YES
5th May 2006, 04:36 AM
Strut Brace is different on MCS and cooper ...so I read !!

james f
5th May 2006, 07:30 AM
the OMP brace fits flush on the cooper without mods and is only 55 quid from lohen ive got one on my cooper and its worth it but get the upper and lower as its a popular mistake to just have the upper one as they are meant tow work in unison its also works better than the jcw one ive been told as that is a tad soft and a strut brace should not need modding to fit

Big Col
5th May 2006, 02:54 PM
Especially if it comes from MINI!

X30YES
5th May 2006, 04:09 PM
info here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/114252-john-cooper-works-strut-brace-fitted-cooper.html) re strut Brace

Scottie
5th May 2006, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking of getting one from Hartge but it's only for looks don't think my style of driving leans to really requiring strut braces.:I;):p