PDA

View Full Version : Minime is leaving the building

Mini Me
3rd May 2006, 10:05 PM
Well what can i say, it has certainly been an adventure with you all here on NMS, but i am sad to confirm that in a couple off weeks i will no longer be an employee of Menzies or MINI..
I do hope however that i can still visit from time to time as i have made a few friends .....:D

And will miss the banter....

MartinSullivan
3rd May 2006, 10:09 PM
Who told you that? :D

All the best for the future mate - and Im sure you will be sorely missed

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 10:10 PM
Ian,

Very sorry to see you go from Menzies.:(:(:(

Lenore and I wish you the best of luck in the future. And hope to see you on many Mini runs in the future.

It will never matter what car you have, you will always be welcome on the runs. (Including MI3 run this sunday;););))

A & L.

The Dogfather
3rd May 2006, 10:17 PM
Don't be a stranger, well I think you'd find it difficult to be any stranger than you already are ;)

So what's in the future for Mr Broon:question: Volvo's:question:

Scottie
3rd May 2006, 10:29 PM
WHAT:eek::eek::eek: your leaving:eek::eek: neveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(

Who am I going to bother now???? e'hhh you never thought of that did you.????

Jeez I dinnae ken.:)

No doubt your new job will not involve having a Mini as a company car so a wee "birdie" told me;)-----do you get it.:) However if ever you feel the need for a wee shot in a Mini give me shout and I give you a go in the back:eek: I mean a sit in the back :D

Smurf
3rd May 2006, 10:31 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh no!! So sorry to hear that you're leaving the happy little MINI world we have.....
But all the very best for whatever you do next. Be happy.

And don't leave NMS - I'd miss the abuse!
:D:D

I'm sure Claire and Norman (and your replacement) will look after us all admirably. :p

EDIT - oh yes... and don't forget my Thistle Run stuff before you skive off permanently! :D

Scottie
3rd May 2006, 10:33 PM
Hey Iain you need to change your sig strip.;)

ianking
3rd May 2006, 10:45 PM
Thats a real shame but if your new job means more time of to spend with the kids then that would be better for you.
Are you allowed to tell us what you will be doing now.

sjfield1
3rd May 2006, 10:45 PM
Gutted to hear the news.:disapprove: You were the best salesman i have ever dealt with! Good Luck in your new job!! :D:D

zimbo
3rd May 2006, 10:50 PM
:eek: WHAT.... Well I wish you all the best in what ever the future holds for you Iain, just remember to keep in touch with us lot. Hope your replacement is going to be up to our required standards!! :D:p;)

So Claire will now be top dog in the showroom :D

All the best.

Big Col
3rd May 2006, 10:53 PM
Bummer you're leaving mate but let's be honest...you were p!sh anyway. ;)

Good luck with the new job mate. Make sure you keep popping on here.

Craig
3rd May 2006, 11:03 PM
Best of luck Baldy! :approve:

they will NEVER find another salesmand half as good as you... (Claire is a very close second though...;)).

you will be sorely missed - make sure you keep popping in for the abuse ;)

Mini Me
3rd May 2006, 11:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by sjfield1

Gutted to hear the news.:disapprove: You were the best salesman i have ever dealt with! :D:D

Now there's a quote......cheers :D:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by sjfield1

Gutted to hear the news.:disapprove: You were the best salesman i have ever dealt with! :D:D

Now there's a quote......cheers :D:D:D:D:D

Print it, frame it and then put it in your wall.;);):D:D

Gismo
4th May 2006, 12:35 AM
Well, having waited nearly 4 months for a quote for my car i hope you're leaving the car industry altogether :eek::p;)

Mini Me
4th May 2006, 12:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well, having waited nearly 4 months for a quote for my car i hope you're leaving the car industry altogether :eek::p;)

I swear on all i hold sacred, you will have that price affor i go :I;)

but thanks anyway....:p

Scottie
4th May 2006, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

hey BS. you wanting that number for Calterdon:p now what is it 01463 .....;):p

Bignorm
4th May 2006, 12:58 AM
hey broon i only came on here to help you out with a few enquiry's and got hoocked now your leaving me and clair to it ourself what you all about ha ha <broon you will be well missed mate all the best for the future dont stay a stranger mate>

Mark R
4th May 2006, 01:35 AM
Never had the chance to meet you but want to wish you all the best for the future anyway.

monkimagic
4th May 2006, 01:47 AM
Good luck mate, alot of praise for you on here, however, you either missed the questions or you are keeping a lid on what you are doing.

Monki

Mini Me
4th May 2006, 02:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Good luck mate, alot of praise for you on here, however, you either missed the questions or you are keeping a lid on what you are doing.

Monki

Lid on....at the mo ;)

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 02:27 AM

quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Monki

Lid on....at the mo ;)

Now Ian. Come on. There's no shame in admitting it. The offer Poundland made for "shelf stacking supervisor" was unbeatable!:eek::eek::blackeye::blackeye::D

Or maybe it's a job working for a world class toupee testing co.
:eek::blackeye::eek::blackeye::eek::blackeye::eek: :blackeye:

ianking
4th May 2006, 05:48 AM
Happened to be in Menzies today but Broon had just left before I got a chance to see him. However Claire may have shed some light as to his new career path.

lightbody
4th May 2006, 05:54 AM
I know from various friends how highly you're regarded. I know you've brought Menzies LOTS of business and goodwill - and I hope they give you ample credit for it!! You should get a free Cooper S as a parting gift from them.

Good luck!!

alanm73
4th May 2006, 06:13 AM
You canny leave.

After all these years I finally found a garage with a half decent salesman!!!!

The Dogfather
4th May 2006, 06:36 AM
Who knows Alan they might replace him with a wholely decent one ;)

To be honest anyone who can deal with the demands of ScottieCoop and Big Col deserves to be canonised, please be upstanding for Saint :p Broon :D

Scottie
4th May 2006, 06:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Who knows Alan they might replace him with a wholely decent one ;)

To be honest anyone who can deal with the demands of ScottieCoop and Big Col deserves to be canonised, please be upstanding for Saint :p Broon :D

your right;) but I've found new prey in the name of Will fae Calter....?

My Eulogy to Iain.

Iain has made the "buying a Mini experience" much more fun and I am sure in what ever his new chosen career is he will give it 100% and be a success.:) I wish you all the best.

Perhaps we will find him taking part in the next series of the Apprentice.;)

Mini Me
4th May 2006, 07:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by alanm73

You canny leave.

After all these years I finally found a garage with a half decent salesman!!!!

It's not a decision i came to lightly, that i can assure you :eightball:

Crombers
4th May 2006, 07:16 AM
:(:disapprove: Gutted mate !!

Right who's up for a pint to celebrate wish the guru all the best. C'mon peeps it's the least we can ALL do

Craig
4th May 2006, 03:17 PM
quite right, how about Friday 19th May in Stirling for a couple of Jars ? ?

anyone?

(you can come along aswell Minime......;))

Smurf
4th May 2006, 04:46 PM
Sounds good to me! :D

And I agree that we have to give Iain a good send off, after everything he's done for us all.

Scottie
4th May 2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry can't make that date.:( I'm all tied up until June.;):p

Monsta Mo Mini
4th May 2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry to see you go.

It's been great dealing with you and your help in forging the excellent relationship between Menzies and NMS is greatly appreciated by me and all those that have darkened your doors over the past couple of years. It's turned out to be a very successful partnership for Menzies commercially and for the NMS members who have finally found a dealership with unsurpassed customer service deserving of the brand. I feel that is largely down to you and your enthusiasm for the car and the job, I wish there were more like you. I only hope that it continues under your replacement! I'm sure Clare and Norman will have the lucky person well briefed in no time.

all the best

Calum

PS Sorry, won't be able to make the 19th - away on holiday.

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 06:13 PM
Friday 19th is fine with us.:D:D

Bignorm
4th May 2006, 06:22 PM
FINE WITH ME

Crombers
4th May 2006, 06:29 PM
19/5 ok for me :approve:

Mini Me
4th May 2006, 08:18 PM
al consult the war office and confirm, but sounds good :p

Big Gordy
4th May 2006, 08:21 PM
Here's a plan:D I think its the Alloa Beer Festival on the 19/20th of May..........we could always make it a minime adventure:p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
4th May 2006, 08:26 PM
Cancel that last plan:( It's on the 26/27th........bummer:disapprove:

Burple
4th May 2006, 08:46 PM
Aww man!! Does that mean all the Lurking dealerss will have the bottle to show face now? Or are they scared of actually having to do their jobs right? ;)

It'll be a tough job to replace yer f@nnybaws, we'll miss you're cheery mug... all we'll have left is *THAT PIC* :D:p
Sure Claire and Norman and whoever replaces you will cope... ;)
with the work, maybe not the infamy! :D

Good luck doing whatever it is you're off to do (My money's on a 6 month stint in rehab ;))! Be sure and drop in for the banter!

:D:D

euan
4th May 2006, 09:11 PM
Can we not put the photo onto the front page in place of BS? A fitting tribute, surely ;)

All the best minime, had I bought another mini I would have called you, even though I live at the other end of the country!

The Dogfather
4th May 2006, 09:32 PM
This PIC?

http://tinypic.com/f0oiv6.jpg

markyc
5th May 2006, 01:11 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that pic does it every time :D:D:D:D:clown:;)

Well oor Ian you know how I feel after out blethers recently and there is no doubt that Menzies have lost their top man. Nothing was ever any bother, always up for a bit of banter and more importantly you never felt that you were in a car showroom you always felt you were just popping round to see your mate. :approve::D;)

Clare and big Norm will carry on the good work but Menzies will certainly never be the same. Very best of luck in your new job and get yourself and the family on more Mini adventures (we need someone to take the p$ss out off :eek::eek::blackeye:;))

19th May is fine for me for a chilled one ;)

Neil and Lorna
5th May 2006, 04:11 AM
Ian

Never met you Ian but I've enjoyed all the banter on here.:cool:

Menzies are losing a valuable asset if you ask me.

Best of luck.

Neil and Lorna.:D

Big Col
5th May 2006, 05:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

you never felt that you were in a car showroom you always felt you were just popping round to see your mate. :approve::D;)

Perfect way to put it mate! Well said that man! :)

Mini Me
5th May 2006, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Sorry to see you go.

It's been great dealing with you and your help in forging the excellent relationship between Menzies and NMS is greatly appreciated by me and all those that have darkened your doors over the past couple of years. It's turned out to be a very successful partnership for Menzies commercially and for the NMS members who have finally found a dealership with unsurpassed customer service deserving of the brand. I feel that is largely down to you and your enthusiasm for the car and the job, I wish there were more like you. I only hope that it continues under your replacement! I'm sure Clare and Norman will have the lucky person well briefed in no time.

all the best

Calum

Cheers Calum ,it has been a huge amount of fun and hard work, and i hope it continues when i am no longer there :(:disapprove:

I'm gonny miss MINI

The Dogfather
5th May 2006, 07:07 AM
Oh come on folks, get a grip he's only a bloody salesmonkey ;) Next you'll be crying in the bloody streets :clown:

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2006, 07:25 AM

Oh come on folks, get a grip he's only a bloody salesmonkey ;) Next you'll be crying in the bloody streets :clown:

Yeah, but he was a salsemonkey who cared. A rare breed indeed. Forgive us while we have an embarrassed sniffle in a hanky at his leaving.:I:I
http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/bawling.gif

Wul
5th May 2006, 03:42 PM
Well chromey napper - what can I say that hasnae been said already - if you put as much effort into your new job as you did at Menzies i'm sure the streets of falkirk will be absolutely spotless :approve:;):p oops secrets out! ;)

Nah honestly mate - cheers for all your efforts for the site and the help you've given me with the S and the coop - Menzies are gonna struggle without you - but i'm sure Claire will revel as the new chief salesmonkey! :)

Good luck man

N12 JLK
5th May 2006, 11:28 PM
Finally get to post after being away all week , well what can I say , nothing much
Ta Ta

N12 JLK
5th May 2006, 11:34 PM
No really Les and I will miss dealing with you very much. Not taking away any credit to Clair but we only came back to Menzies for our second MINI because of yourself , any problems we had you sorted them out for us. I think they have really shot themselves in the foot letting you go but who wouldnt go after reading into it:(.
Think Roaster will make a good salemonkey2 so go for it Norman ;)
Hope you dont just fall of the end of the world and continue to post and come on runs even if its a Fiat:D
Clair its over to you, sure you can fill Ians high heels no bother!

Scottie
6th May 2006, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

No really Les and I will miss dealing with you very much. Not taking away any credit to Clair but we only came back to Menzies for our second MINI because of yourself , any problems we had you sorted them out for us. I think they have really shot themselves in the foot letting you go but who wouldnt go after reading into it:(.
Think Roaster will make a good salemonkey2 so go for it Norman ;)
Hope you dont just fall of the end of the world and continue to post and come on runs even if its a Fiat:D
Clair its over to you, sure you can fill Ians high heels no bother!

What have I missed Norman applying for Iain's job:eek::D:D

Jeez "God help us" <quote from top gun the movie>:D

Bignorm
6th May 2006, 12:41 AM
oi fi not going for ians job would not want to show him up <as if i could would love it fi but to soon for me i think as i just came to mini 15 months ago>

The Dogfather
6th May 2006, 12:42 AM
Ian, if you going to Fiat perhaps you could sell hightower one of these

http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/fiat/291790.jpg
http://www.infomotori.com/foto/N/art_16389_2_grandepunto_01.jpg

Mini Me
6th May 2006, 01:23 AM
Fiat.......naw !!!!:p

The Dogfather
6th May 2006, 02:51 AM
Volvo then :question:

Lynsey
6th May 2006, 03:48 AM
Well MiniMe.........

Your definately going to be missed, I was hoping I could buy my next Mini from you.... a wee cooperS, maybe next year when wee Milly is two years old! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, only problem, you wont be driving a Mini anymore!!!! Withdrawal symptoms!!!!

Good luck with the mystery job!!!!!!!!

Lynz

Sweeney
6th May 2006, 03:51 AM
Sorry to say but i never knew you Minime, however it's easy to see the atmosphere and "community" relationship you have with everyone on here so im sure you'll be missed... Good luck and dont look back!

Mini Me
6th May 2006, 04:23 PM

Volvo then :question:

naw :eek:

X30YES
6th May 2006, 04:39 PM
Just ignore the balloon,bafoon,well you know :D:D:D.....anyway Ian best of luck in the Porsche dealership :p;)

The Dogfather
6th May 2006, 08:22 PM
Ian - Good luck with what ever your future plans entail, enjoy selling Mazda's :p

Heather
6th May 2006, 08:27 PM
You will indeed be a sad loss Ian. You have been a joy to deal with and I hope you enjoy whatever you do next. Dont be a stranger:D

Bignorm
6th May 2006, 09:21 PM
aaawww broon you got a tear in your eye yet

Lynsey
6th May 2006, 09:58 PM
Right Broony Boy, when are you going to tel us all where you heading to next???

Bignorm
6th May 2006, 10:41 PM
oh oh i know ha ha

N12 JLK
7th May 2006, 04:21 AM
starting his own hair salon:cool:

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

starting his own hair salon:cool:

all in good time ;)

Scottie
8th May 2006, 06:04 PM
Anyword when your leaving yet Iain.??? TBH I'm surprised they are allowing you to work notice normally in a sales enviroment you are usually asked to leave that day.;)

So this makes me think you are going to a completely different type job. ?????;)

or they (Menzies) reckon you will ask for your notice back. However I'm sure under employment law they can refuse to give you your notice back after a period of 14 days I think could be wrong.:)

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 06:15 PM
no, am out of here just not sure when,start new jon on the 25th

Scottie
8th May 2006, 06:23 PM

no, am out of here just not sure when,start new jon on the 25th

25th of ??????

Mini Me
8th May 2006, 06:26 PM
may.

Scottie
8th May 2006, 06:33 PM
Not long to go then 25th. That's a Thursday:eek: so do you have to do training and stuff first.

Clare1
8th May 2006, 08:06 PM
S'pose its time i posted my thoughts on this...:p:)

Seriously, as much as myself and Iain take the p*iss out of each other and argue like a married couple i could have never ever asked for a better collegue. He is gonna be a loss to Menzies and especially myself as a decent friend and collegue.

His reasons for leaving me all by myself in MINI (and our new showroom) :( are understandable though, and are for the best.

It was Iain who encouraged me to get into Sales and such a fantastic brand like MINI a few years ago when i worked in the accounts office here! Thanks baldy!!!! :p

I know though, that who ever i have in MINI next with myself wont be a patch on Iain. Just hope it is someone who appreciates and understands the brand as much as they should.

Im sure that we'll keep in touch. . .(but at least i wont get injured by flying staplers or pens now) :p:):D!!!

Good Luck for the Future Iain!!!

P.S - Do you all know what your letting yourselves in for going out for a drink with him. . .??? :eek: Lol!!

AeroJonny
8th May 2006, 09:18 PM
from what I hear it'll be the copious sonsumption of what can only be described as p**f juice! ;)

PS: Iain, I've never had the pleasure of meeting u, but for all the work you've done for people on NMS, you're gonna go down as a bit of a leg end in these parts. So good luck for the future and esp in your new mystery job!

Gismo
12th May 2006, 10:31 AM
I swear on all i hold sacred, you will have that price affor i go :I;)
tick tock :evil:

Big Col
12th May 2006, 03:12 PM
I'm gussing he doesn't hold much sacred!

Bignorm
12th May 2006, 09:09 PM
HEY BONNIE SCOTLAND i have spoke to broon regarding your price i will need the mileage of your car to pass on cheers you can always phone me on 01786474477

Gismo
12th May 2006, 11:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21
HEY BONNIE SCOTLAND i have spoke to broon regarding your price i will need the mileage of your car to pass on cheers you can always phone me on 01786474477
Let's say 14k :)

Mini Me
13th May 2006, 12:29 AM
you got mail mate.

Gismo
13th May 2006, 05:33 PM
you got mail mate.
Best laugh I've had in ages :evil:

Mini Me
13th May 2006, 10:06 PM
monday !!!!!!!!! last day monday !!!!!!!

markyc
14th May 2006, 04:31 AM

monday !!!!!!!!! last day monday !!!!!!!

Don't be doing or saying anything silly mind :clown::clown::I:eek:;)

Mini Me
14th May 2006, 04:39 AM
al try ma best:p

Clare1
21st May 2006, 08:08 PM
My daily work life at Menzies wont ever be the same again...

Bloody hell, IM BUSY (paperwork GRRRRR!!) - All on my lonesome here!!!! But no Iain to argue with or throw things at - is really strange!!!! :p:disapprove:

Mini Me
21st May 2006, 10:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

My daily work life at Menzies wont ever be the same again...

Bloody hell, IM BUSY (paperwork GRRRRR!!) - All on my lonesome here!!!! But no Iain to argue with or throw things at - is really strange!!!! :p:disapprove:

GET TAE WORK......