PDA

View Full Version : GODAMN AUT!

sh@z
3rd May 2006, 08:54 PM
Right is it just me annoyed at bloody lecturers, im in m final year and my grades this year will dictate what mark i get. Wake up this morning to find out that one of my exams has been cancelled (YAY) but the coursework hasn't been marked either, and all this years work has been for nothing.

Now i dont know how they university will proceed, i know they cant mark me down due to cancellation not being my fault, but then i cant be marked up for all the work that i've put in.

Also the 2nd markers for my dissertation are also delaying, due to the strike, so i havent got that damn mark back.

I wanna beat some lecturers up right now :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::evil:

Smitty
4th May 2006, 03:03 AM
Not so good shaz!!

Im only 2nd year but i already no the frustration of having to wait for grades, RGU are absolutly shocking!

Last semster....sat my exams 3 weeks before a mate at Aberdeen Uni, and got my results a month after! So how come they can have a quick turn around but RGU cant!!

As for all that wasted work....what a pain in the arse that must be, especially in your final year!

Bloody lecturers and tutors and what not!!

sh@z
4th May 2006, 03:40 AM
Yes, this is ultimately going to impact the degree i have, as this course will not be held against my grade, but it will not add to it, and i was aiming (as was doing) very well in this subject, but now all the work that has been put in has been pointless as, at the lecturers' discretion its useless.

And dissertations, if that hits the fan in terms of marking, someones gonna be getting an earful, as the amount of work put into that is insane, and then to have some lecturer who wants more pay influence (or even postpone) my graduation is absurd.

sh@z
5th May 2006, 07:25 AM
-Update-

So now apparently the exam is back on.

- first we are told the exam is postponed indefinately, and we should await a date

- then they say its cancelled, NOT GOING TO BE RESCHEDULED, and basically it wasnt happening

- today we get an email saying the exam is back on on its original date.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE MONKEYS PLAYING IT. Surely they cant screw around final year students like this. Rumor has it that its some post grads who have set the exam paper, not the person who tought it, so who knows who will mark it if we've sat it, and we've lost 4 days of revision due to the postponement/cancellation emails. GAH im so p***ed right now.

/rant

Smitty
5th May 2006, 08:07 PM
Thats sh*t mate! Surely there not allowed to cancel an exam, then suddenly say its back on again:eek:

That dosent really give u much study time! Get to the top bosses and get complaining!!:p

AeroJonny
6th May 2006, 07:37 AM
I've been told that the papers might not be marked but theyre defo goin ahead. The guy who informed the class was really non comittal on any answers he gave which p*ssed me off. I need certain grades this year to get into a masters course next year, what will I do? I'm with sh@z, string 'em up!

PS on again, off again exams is prob really detrimental to ur chances, but hopefully all the work will pay off. Good luck Sh@z

weefossy
7th May 2006, 07:55 AM
Sh@z, feel for you mate. Just keep as focussed as you can and don't let the ba**ards grind you down. I really noticed the difference between Stafford (Neil) and St Andrews (Claire). St Andrews are great, marks back very quickly and Stafford were the exact opposite. Neil hated it.
Despite what they're doing, don't let yourself down, your just about there.

sh@z
7th May 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks weefossy, much appreciated.

The thing with Edinburgh Uni is that only 1/3rd of the lecturers are involved in the strike action so as a uni they aren't hit as hard as others potentially are, and this is the only exam in the business school that i know of, where this has happened and all the other lecturers are cool, everything back on time, they were there to speak to after exams. Its just the fact that they are messing with peoples minds here, they should lead by example, they are teaching business, but yet they do not stick to what they say and go back on something as major as a 100% GUARANTEE'D EXAM CANCELLATION.

I don't personally mind whether it goes ahead or not, as I had an exam on Saturday so its not altered my revision plans very much. Its more the manner in which they have done it which is grilling me, and now they are point blank refusing to listen to reason and tell us we should be ready for the exam and blah blah.

Anyway i have one more exam to go, and then i graduate!!! So not much longer i have to put up with this jive!!! but i cant tax dodge for much longer.... hmmm MBA... LOL