Big Col
2nd May 2006, 08:39 PM
Finally! Lins will be pleased! <cackles>

Mini Me
2nd May 2006, 08:39 PM
grand prix, and top gear...life is good:p

Craig
2nd May 2006, 08:54 PM
cannae wait, can someone tape/dvd it for me as I have no recording facilities in the house and won't be back in time for it on Sunday?

ta :D

Sweeney
2nd May 2006, 09:19 PM
aye tell me about it craig, i can go to the run but ill msis f1 and top gear! what to do, what to do! :S

they have a new set and base of filming apparently, the airfield was bought for housing development i think:

Yes, it's true, Top Gear will shortly be back on your telly. Huzzah.

But when the team reassembled to plan this, the eighth series, there was a problem. With an expectant world waiting, how could they keep the show fresh after seven storming series? New titles? A slicker studio? Take the presenters shopping and buy them all new smart-casual jackets?

Well, yes. But there had to be something else. And there was. An idea of such brilliance all other programmes will be copying it by the time the year's out. At a stroke, the show has been refreshed, reinvented, reinvigorated, all by just one simple action.

To find out what it is, tune in to BBC2 at 8pm on Sunday, May 7.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd May 2006, 09:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

aye tell me about it craig, i can go to the run but ill msis f1 and top gear! what to do, what to do! :S

THE RUN, THE RUN, THE RUN!!!!!!!

You can always watch Top Gear on a re-run some time. And all the F1 races are the same anyway.:eek::eek::eek::blackeye:;)

<runs and hides>

Smitty
8th May 2006, 05:19 AM
Who watched it then??

Cracking start to the series!! Nearly wet myself with laughter with the convertible espace!!:D

And as for the kossssennnnnneggg thingmajig.....i'll not say what i did then!!:eek::p What a machine!!:approve:

Sweeney.....where did u here they had a new track and studio.....cuz its all lies!!:blackeye:

Sweeney
8th May 2006, 05:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4731958.stm

Smitty
8th May 2006, 05:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4731958.stm

Ah, thats for the future then! Still at the old studio/track for this series anyway!!:)

Sweeney
8th May 2006, 05:37 AM
glad to hear!

for those of us who missed it, its on tomorrow, BBC 2 at 7pm-8pm.

Moonshine
8th May 2006, 04:24 PM
Some of it was bed-wettingly funny - like the shockung pink micra convertible with Richard Hammond driving it with a paper bag on his head and the espace in the carwash - and how far did the Stig throw the Koniiiggdddwwdakfdmsafasfdwhattayacallit into the tyres and field!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Well worth a watch...

Gerry

euan
8th May 2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Stig losing the Koinnngsseeeeeg thing was one of those moments you look at and think sh*t!!!!!!. Can just see Bugatti watching it and thinking - not a chance are you having our Veyron now!

The paper bag was great and I can't believe they set fire to the guys car wash. How is that even possible?!?!?!

Still like the Civic, only for Honda having the balls to make something like that - should be applauded in my book.

AeroJonny
8th May 2006, 06:11 PM
Hmmm, would anyone fancy a run down to the TG studio at all, I figured seeing as I'm not gonna have anything to do in the summer apart from finding gainful employment I could look into it ;);););):D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by AeroJonny

Hmmm, would anyone fancy a run down to the TG studio at all, I figured seeing as I'm not gonna have anything to do in the summer apart from finding gainful employment I could look into it ;);););):D:D:D

Sounds interesting,:D date dependant of course.:D

euan
8th May 2006, 06:28 PM
I've been on the waiting list for tickets for a year, you get them from here:

http://www.applausestore.com/Site/

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 06:34 PM
That website says the waiting list is between 1 and 2 years.:eek::eek::eek:

euan
8th May 2006, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

That website says the waiting list is between 1 and 2 years.:eek::eek::eek:

I know, I applied ages ago!

AeroJonny
8th May 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm studyin for my finals just now, so it's a pretty half arsed idea at this point, but I'll look further into it in June. I might be able to do a bit of light persuasion in terms of tickets, etc. but we'll have to wait an see ;)

Burple
8th May 2006, 11:47 PM

I'm studyin for my finals just now, so it's a pretty half arsed idea at this point, but I'll look further into it in June. I might be able to do a bit of light persuasion in terms of tickets, etc. but we'll have to wait an see ;)

Ooooh.. an NMS trip to Top Gear?
Think they'd let us have a shot on the track?

If this has even the slightest possibility of becoming a reality...
Put me right at the top of the list pretty please!!!! (Right after yourself of course! ;):D)

AeroJonny
9th May 2006, 12:06 AM
Haha, sure will LnL, gonna start wangling after my exams. I was thinking at lunch that we could do something involving the new model when it comes out, but even just being in the audience would be soooo cool!!! :D

Smitty
9th May 2006, 12:51 AM
What an idea, see if they would let a bunch of MINI enthusiasts (that how you spell it??:evil:) round the track!!

Yes please, count me in!!:p:evil:

zimbo
9th May 2006, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Ooooh.. an NMS trip to Top Gear?
Think they'd let us have a shot on the track?

If this has even the slightest possibility of becoming a reality...
Put me right at the top of the list pretty please!!!! (Right after yourself of course! ;):D)

Oh yeah Im up for this too, you can put my name on the list after the wee ones name... :D

Cheers

Sweeney
9th May 2006, 01:48 AM
i'd go!

sorry to be negative though; but i don't think we stand any chances of being let on site never mind driving round the track :I

Sweeney
9th May 2006, 02:03 AM
By the way: the re-run of topgear isn't on bbc scotland at all, once again the bbc has guessed that us scots do not need a re-run yet the english do :evil:, if you have sky it is on bbc2 england channel 989

AeroJonny
9th May 2006, 04:20 AM
like I said, haven't even picked up the phone yet, I finish uni on the 2nd of June and I'll start trying to sort something after then. Sweeney, I know it may be quite hard to get on but in life if you don't ask, you don't get! If we show them there's a few of us willing to drive about 500miles just to watch them film a tv show, that's gotta be worth something and they might...just might be nice to us and if they tell us to get tae, then at least we tried.

The Dogfather
9th May 2006, 04:59 AM
Well if you succeed I'll hire a MINI and join you :D

Burple
9th May 2006, 06:19 AM

like I said, haven't even picked up the phone yet, I finish uni on the 2nd of June and I'll start trying to sort something after then. Sweeney, I know it may be quite hard to get on but in life if you don't ask, you don't get! If we show them there's a few of us willing to drive about 500miles just to watch them film a tv show, that's gotta be worth something and they might...just might be nice to us and if they tell us to get tae, then at least we tried.

Now that's the spirit! :D:D
Just ask Mum Wefossy :D:D

But seriously, don't feel obligated to do anything about it at all :)
But if there was a chance that they'd consider it, it would be a fun time! And a chance to do the show would be too good to miss! :D:cool:

Mark R
9th May 2006, 06:52 AM
I'd be interested if there was any chance of it happening. :)

AeroJonny
9th May 2006, 09:16 PM
I'm tempted to give the studying a miss right now and start harassing them, but the books are calling! ;)