PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed? ...

Bazthemod
14th November 2003, 01:07 AM
has anyone else noticed that MINI one drivers don't wave or flash lights to cooper and cooper 's' drivers?:evil:

Must just be envy!;):blackeye:

(IN DUNDEE ANYWAY)

duncan
14th November 2003, 01:14 AM
Pfff, nonsense!

Its more like the pretentious posers who don't wave back - regardless of model.

Bazthemod
14th November 2003, 01:16 AM
So it's just coincidence they all drive MINI ONE's?:question::approve:

duncan
14th November 2003, 01:21 AM
Err, no.

john-apex
14th November 2003, 03:05 AM
I drive a wee red Mini one and I wave to any Mini drivers. Have to say most wave back no matter what they drive.:D

KenL
14th November 2003, 07:03 AM
Bollox :D

I'm one of the few MINI drivers in Edinburgh who wave and I've got a ONE so there :p

Have to say I'm VERY close to giving up as I'm sick of the nose in the air brigade who don't wave back.

Bet the Glesga drivers are much more friendly ;)

bazza
14th November 2003, 07:29 AM
Dont know about that,went to the motor show today at SECC and saw three MINIS on way home, waved liked mad and flashed lights but no response,MMMMMM must have been out of towners.:cool::(
Bas m]Originally posted by KenL

Bollox :D

I'm one of the few MINI drivers in Edinburgh who wave and I've got a ONE so there :p

Have to say I'm VERY close to giving up as I'm sick of the nose in the air brigade who don't wave back.

Bet the Glesga drivers are much more friendly ;)
[/quote]

Bazthemod
14th November 2003, 07:59 AM
Well thanks for the new light on the matter it must just be the snobs and posers who dont wave and dont care about the cars heritage and the MINI comunity!:):p

minidriver#1
14th November 2003, 08:09 AM
Baz, there is a girl at my work, who is a proper mod, and she has a new mini.... ;) single too. just to go off on a tangent. lol

Bazthemod
14th November 2003, 08:58 AM
KJ are you talking about the same 'Mod' as i am?:question::)

Big Col
14th November 2003, 04:44 PM
People in Glasgow must be frendlier 'cos I've had about 4 people in the last week nearly drive off the road they're so desperate to wave. Course they've all been woman and I'm georgeous so it might not have had anything to do with the car. :D

Willie M
14th November 2003, 05:08 PM
Aye... that would probably explain it Colin :dead: <bleurgh!!> ;)

Linda M
14th November 2003, 06:10 PM
So you're gorgeous Big Col, this we've 'still' to see and I think Gordy might have something to say on this subject :p

NOW, when you're a stunning blonde driving a JCW 'S' it's not only MINI drivers that wave ;):p:D

Big Gordy
14th November 2003, 07:58 PM
Hey Linda :eek: Stop trying to get me involved ;) We know what happened the last time on this subject don't we :p We took over the thread :D:approve: You all know my feelings on this matter :clown:

Wul
14th November 2003, 09:27 PM
Drive down the A720 (Ed City Bypass) eastbound every morning between 8 and 8.30, see the same MINI's in the the westbound lanes, wave to them every morning and no-one ever waves back! apart from the guy in the red/white classic mini and the blonde lady on the EB/W MCS (not you Linda :D)

Burple
14th November 2003, 11:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

has anyone else noticed that MINI one drivers don't wave or flash lights to cooper and cooper 's' drivers?:evil:

(IN DUNDEE ANYWAY)

Hey... you've obviously not passed myself Zimbo or KJ yet then!!! :D:D
(or should that be 'tried to keep up with'... Eh John??? ;):D)

Big Col
15th November 2003, 01:08 AM
Big Gordy's jealous Linda.

You never know. I might make the festive period a bit special for you lot this year and turn up for the cruise to St. Andrews. Even looking as rough as I no doubt shall since it's in the middle of the alcohol season you'll still se I'm a pretty big sod. :D

Bazthemod
15th November 2003, 03:07 AM
quote:Hey... you've obviously not passed myself Zimbo or KJ yet then!!!
(or should that be 'tried to keep up with'... Eh John??? )

DO you guys drive MINI ONE's though?8)

Burple
16th November 2003, 04:24 AM

Nope... but we wave to ANYONE! No Snobbery here!! :D:D
It's inbuilt due to a long history of Classic ownership!!:D:D

bazi
16th November 2003, 11:31 PM
I pass the same 3 mini's every morning on the way to work, I do the wave & flashy light thing, Lady in the Yellow Mini One waves back, Lady in silk green Cooper tries to avoid me, Bloke in Dark Silver MCS totally ignores me. Each to their own I suppose. (I am driving a Cooper 'S' at the Moment)

Kirsty
17th November 2003, 03:15 AM
I have a problem with nonwavers too. :( There are a couple of MINIs that I do get waves from on the way to my work tho!! (over Kincardine bridge on my way to Stenhousemuir.) When I had a classic mini there wasn't a problem and everyone seemed to wave but since I got my wee yellow ONE waves are fewer and the noses are certainly getting higher!!! There is one chap that I pass on my way to work in a red (poss cooper) that I think has checks on the roof who just stares when I wave!!! Have I got horns or something?? BOOOO!!! He is obviously completely unaware of MINI culture/community!!!:dead: Where do you work Bazi?? Cause I'm a lady in a Yellow MINI One!!:kiss:

lee
17th November 2003, 04:46 AM

(IN DUNDEE ANYWAY)

lee
17th November 2003, 04:49 AM
Ive jist bought me a Cooper S and naebody waves tae me! a ken how ye feel:(

seany
17th November 2003, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by lee

Ive jist bought me a Cooper S and naebody waves tae me! a ken how ye feel:(

hi lee, welcome to the site, where are you from and how do you like the cooper s.:)

shoppie
17th November 2003, 08:24 AM

YES!:cool::cool::cool:

If I see a MINI I wave. I would say I get a 40% response on a GOOD day!

Tahra
17th November 2003, 11:36 PM
40% is a really good response !!! Gets a bit tiring looking like a numpty waving and flashing to get ignored.....Havent noticed a One/Cooper/S divide, but would say of those few who do wave theyre just as likely to be driving classics.