PDA

View Full Version : Check these wheels out

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 06:03 AM
http://www.ronalusa.com/cars/bmw_mini_cooper/mini_custom_black_rt.jpg
these wheels are very smart i think, i'd get them but i prefer to keep everything mini'd and warrantied 8)

Gismo
29th April 2006, 06:45 AM
What warranty are you afraid to lose :question:

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 06:49 AM
well when i asked my dealer about getting custom things on it, such as a brembo brake kit recently they said not only wouldnt they fit it, they wouldnt cover their work and said it would void my warranty so i just keep everything MINI...

Crombers
29th April 2006, 07:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

well when i asked my dealer about getting custom things on it, such as a brembo brake kit recently they said not only wouldnt they fit it, they wouldnt cover their work and said it would void my warranty so i just keep everything MINI...

Seems fair enough to me as BMW will only cover what is theirs imho.

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 07:21 AM
yeah im not moaning i completely understand their point of view, just thought they would cover their job, the parts are obviously covered by their own warranty but without voiding my warranty, when i asked if they would do the jcw brakes and put red calipers on the back they told me just to paint it myself, although i think it was probably in jest he said it :S

Crombers
29th April 2006, 08:12 AM

yeah im not moaning i completely understand their point of view, just thought they would cover their job, the parts are obviously covered by their own warranty but without voiding my warranty, when i asked if they would do the jcw brakes and put red calipers on the back they told me just to paint it myself, although i think it was probably in jest he said it :S

Understand your point but I,m on the 'keep yer MINI standard' stance & nowt can be said :approve:

Moonshine
29th April 2006, 02:40 PM
i think those wheels are minging painted black & red and it is hard to think what they would be like in silver....please tell me you don't like them painted!!!!

G

Gismo
29th April 2006, 05:33 PM
You didn't mention anything about brake kits etc in your original post, hence my question regarding which warrany for simply changing a set of wheels would be voided ;)
It's fair enough to assume that BMW won't replace a non BMW brake kit but would you expect them not to replace a faulty steering column because of it :question:
As for the wheels, i can't see any plausible excuse for voiding any of your warranty by replacing them.
Providing you have advised your insurers of the new wheels :p you should get replacements in the event of an accident :)

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 06:50 PM
fair point; well ill let you know on the steering column as i think mine needs one :P

N12 JLK
30th April 2006, 12:36 AM
OTT:(, no like!

X30YES
30th April 2006, 05:35 PM
Bit OTT on the bling for me :disapprove:, but would do for a Mazda MX5:p

james f
5th May 2006, 07:37 AM
i quite like them but on the warranty point of cousre bmw will say that but this i beacuse they sell all the jcw bits and it wont hurt the rst of the car having a brembo kit fitted hey it wont even void the tlc as checked me book out and it states only engine modifcations void tlc yes it will void the warranty on your brakes but you will also get a warranty from brembo on their parts much like the bmw warranty

Duncan Stewart
5th May 2006, 05:48 PM
the wheels are definitely different :eek::p

The Dogfather
5th May 2006, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Bit OTT on the bling for me :disapprove:, but would do for a Mazda MX5:p

I don't think so, prefer the subtle approach myself ;)