PDA

View Full Version : Chernobyl

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 05:03 AM
Saw this on falkirkcruise webby, a biker goes through to chernobyl and documents what she see's, very interesting to read and look at the pictures, it's like stepping back in time

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html

N12 JLK
29th April 2006, 06:01 AM
That was interesting to read left you feeling very eerie and saddened:(

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 06:02 AM
indeed, the bit that hit me was the magic tree's, apparently glowing red so they buried them under some earth, how would react if you saw bloody tree's glowing knowing or maybe in their case not knowing it was radiation. pff

turns out it that specific part was lies :clown:

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 06:25 AM
Scary stuff, I agree leaves you stunned

Crombers
29th April 2006, 07:20 AM
:( sad stuff

Big Col
29th April 2006, 09:18 PM
Actually I think on that site somewhere she says that she was fibbing about the trees glowing red. There are a lot of people that had a pop at her saying that she made almost all of that up so she ended up backing up her story. The only thing she had stretched the truth on was the trees glowing red. :)

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 09:32 PM
oh, well wouldn't surprise me, i fall for those sort of comments then... better edit my post ;)

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 09:56 PM
Taking about weird glowing stuff.

My old boss used to be a civil engineer and diver, one of the jobs he had to do was swim in the reactor ponds at Sellafield. I know it sounds like a crazy job but this was 30 years ago. He said the fuel rods used to give off a type of blue-purple light glow, Cherenkov Radiation he said. He was told that as long as he stayed away from the sludge at the bottom and a metre away from the rods he was safe.

It's a shame she embelished the stories, I'm sure they'd still have as much impact without the glowing trees.

Mon the fish
2nd May 2006, 12:35 AM
I was at a photographoc exhibition in London a couple of weeks ago which was photos of lots of normal Russians, and how they've been affected by the disaster. It was powerful stuff, really made me think

Burple
4th May 2006, 09:30 PM
Saw that website a while back..
Just come across This (http://26-04-1986.com/) today tho.. lots more photos of Chernobyl and some very good - and spooky - graffiti!