PDA

View Full Version : W Coast Run - More interest in late August?

The Dogfather
28th April 2006, 10:15 PM
So what's wrong with the West Coast Run then? Too long, crap scenery, boring roads?

I thought that seeing that there's a chance there might not be a Cullen Run this year I'd offer up a back up, but so far only a handful of people have said they'd come along, why?

Come on, Crombers, Big Col, Sleepy, BS, Gaj, Heather, Andy P, KJ, Shaz etc. give us some honest feedback. That way I can either change the date or the route to suit. I really need some names on the board to justify putting in the effort of ringing round hotels campsites

GAJ
28th April 2006, 10:18 PM
My feedback - I cannae be @rsed going on that or any other run! Don't take it personally. (Ya wee short@rse!);)

Burple
28th April 2006, 10:33 PM
<ahem> ;)

Sorry wee man :p, cash is a wee bi tight at the mo, so I've got to be a bit selective about the runs I can go on.. (Except from Oxford) most of the things I'll be on this year will be the ones closer to home with no stays in hotels..

Even Cullen was going to be touch and go...

:(

The Dogfather
28th April 2006, 10:42 PM
Gaj - You're a miserable get ;)

LnL - OK mate, but that's why I was planning for the camping option to keep the costs down :p

GAJ
28th April 2006, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Gaj - You're a miserable get ;)

LnL - OK mate, but that's why I was planning for the camping option to keep the costs down :p

I revel in it!:cool:

Smurf
28th April 2006, 10:57 PM
It's the same weekend as the Doune Hillclimb - which for us, is local! And I have lots of friends there, and like to use that weekend to catch up with a lot of people I don't see very often.

Also doing a lot of other stuff this year, sorry VB.....

Craig
28th April 2006, 11:24 PM
apologies VB, just the wrong time of year for me... 2 weeks after the Thistle Run (which normally costs a few quid in the run up to it) and 2 weeks before my summer hols (which costs me for months after it!! ;))

If it was later in the year say Late Aug/Begin Sep I may be able to make it, but don't change the date purely on my account.... I just have to accept that I can't make every run... (even if you didn't name me in your list...:eek:;):approve:)

The Dogfather
28th April 2006, 11:34 PM
Craig, I would have listed ya, but you've already posted in the original thread :p

I might yet postpone it, I'm willing to organise a run if enough people want to go. The date isn't that important for me.

sleepyrascal
29th April 2006, 12:34 AM
I'm gona be mini-less soon. I would feel a bit stupid being on a mini run without a mini. Wheres the fun in that!

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 12:54 AM
I'm going in a MX5, John a BMW, Julz an Evo. It's more about the social rather than a MINI thing.

Big Col
29th April 2006, 01:43 AM
I'm just shy. :)

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Shy? On the run more like :D

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2006, 03:25 AM
VB. Couple of reasons for not being able to go on the run as it stands; Lenore and I are just back from our Florida fortnight 2 days before the run, so we'll be totally skint. And as we've just had the previous 2 and a half weeks off, we couldn't really take a 3rd weekend off in a row. However, if it had been a single day (sunday) run we would probably have taken it off. But then, it's a long route, so a single day wouldn't do it justice, and probably would'nt be possible.

I've never driven the roads you're listing but I've always loved the Highlands/Perthshire area(lived in Pitlochry for 6 years), so it certainly doesn't sound like "boring" roads to me.

I know how much work goes into organising a run and I can only imagine how deflating it is to commit to organisng a run for only a handfull to sign up.:(

Forgot to say: Wouldn't camp! Don't care how much the hotel costs.

Big Col
29th April 2006, 03:25 AM
Or not on the run, as the case may be.

<sniggers> Did you see what I did there? :D:D:D

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 03:33 AM
i would go, just the overnight element really :P
if its a 1 day run, ideally saturday or a sunday i'd go no bother been up that way a few times can be a nice drive.

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 04:15 AM
Or not on the run, as the case may be.

<sniggers> Did you see what I did there? :D:D:D

Avoided commiting to another run:p:question:

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 04:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
so it certainly doesn't sound like "boring" roads to me.

Sorry forgot to include smilies after that comment, it was very tongue in cheek :p :D

quote:I know how much work goes into organising a run and I can only imagine how deflating it is to commit to organisng a run for only a handfull to sign up.:(

I've organised so many now I find it very easy, but if I can change to date to accommodate people who would want to go then I will.

:D

The Dogfather
29th April 2006, 04:24 AM
So if I moved the date back to late August would more people be interested :question:

Again feedback please!

Sweeney
29th April 2006, 05:31 AM
i would be regardless of when, but would only come along for 1 day :)

Gismo
29th April 2006, 06:49 AM
No chance of me camping i'm afraid :disapprove: plus, i'll be in Baku working all August

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2006, 07:21 AM
Mid August would probably be ok, but single day only for us. Too much on in August for a two day run. The School holidays run well into August and it's a really busy time for us. Craig's run is at the beginning of August, and our Borders Run is at the end. Only really leaves the middle free.:I

Crombers
29th April 2006, 07:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

My feedback - I cannae be @rsed going on that or any other run! Don't take it personally. (Ya wee short@rse!);)

Will we no see you again (Three Degrees!!:D) :question:

Crombers
29th April 2006, 07:57 AM

Pfff , same old story !!

Crombers
29th April 2006, 08:01 AM
MX5 v MC on A1 roads , bring it on :D

August (late on) I could manage :p;)

Cumon peeps lets go for it :p

X30YES
30th April 2006, 04:50 PM
Camping ,who said Camping ....a sleeping bag yes:p !! but no tents for me :D:D

The Dogfather
30th April 2006, 04:57 PM
There'll be a choice of camping or hotels/B&Bs as its in Gairloch

Scottie
1st May 2006, 01:31 AM
The Gairloch - Camping - Midges. :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone one been to the Gairloch August time. Midgey city.;) Oh aye not to mention ticks <shudders>

Gismo
1st May 2006, 01:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
There'll be a choice of camping or hotels/B&Bs as its in Gairloch

Kinda breaks everyone up if peeps stay at different places

The Dogfather
1st May 2006, 04:05 AM
We won't be breaking up if we arrange to meet for a meal at a local pub. Camping is there as an option for those who like the outdoor life or want to keep the costs down.

Unless we get some more people interested it might not be a problem :evil:

sh@z
1st May 2006, 06:10 AM
I'd be interested, but i cant commit as i dont know where i'll be, or what i'll be doing at that time, will have just graduated and am out of the country numerous times, and will probs be busy after I get back and whatnot. But as soon as I know, you will too!!

We need to show these MINI'ers how its done eh VB :p

The Dogfather
1st May 2006, 06:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z
We need to show these MINI'ers how its done eh VB :p

It'll be too easy like shooting fish in a barrel :D