PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

Marc
28th April 2006, 05:36 PM
Seagull made a lovely deposit on the car yesterday on the way home at lunchtime. Within 2 hours I cleaned it off and gave the front end it's normally bath in Meguairs. Mark still there! Right now with the polish. Again used meguairs, bonnet polished nicely... mark still there. F@*K! Right where's that Mer. Not the whole bonnet this time just around the area where it got hit. Any luck? No and now I am so p*ssed off! The seagulls in Aberdeen must be eating something Toxic!

Anyone know what else I can try before I go along the route of looking at a respray.

Cheers

X30YES
28th April 2006, 06:43 PM
I think seagull kaka is full of acid stuff and not the happy kind either :D:D

T6 KFR
28th April 2006, 08:49 PM
Marc join the club.

Seagulls hit my street like WW2 bombers! I now just shoot them from my window:eek: If we both meet at X street we could take as many seagulls out as we could. I went to car this morning to see they have been using my roof as a dancefloor again:evil:

JOKING - for you animal lovers out there

Perhaps try some T-cut , then colour restorer???

Marc
28th April 2006, 09:38 PM
I was thinking T-Cut as the next step. As for the gulls maybe some malt. Apparently they eat it and then when they drink some water they explode! Not that I'm sardistic or anything.

Crombers
28th April 2006, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

I think seagull kaka is full of acid stuff and not the happy kind either :D:D

Yup they're all b@stards , feckin rats wi wings.

Wul
28th April 2006, 09:55 PM
Well - the seagull crap eats into the clear coat - so the only way to really reomve it by polishing is to abrade the area around it down. this in turn makes your clear coat thinner in the area. I personally would suggest a re-spray as a tad drastic as guaranteed you'll be doing it every 3 months due to the flying rats!!

best bet is try scratch x fisrt - possibly about 6 times - or t-cut but be careful as this is more aggresive - then wax with a pure carnuba like p21S or megs #16 as this will fill the etching back up.

Marc
28th April 2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks I will try the scratch x and see how that goes.

I thought it was the clearcoat but can't believe it did it in 2 hours. I always clear it off the day it happens and has only once left a mark but I managed to get off with a loving wash and megs polish.

I agree respray is drastic. What I should have said was alternatives prior to going to the valet/paintshop and see what they suggest and if they could sort it for me.

macblob
29th April 2006, 01:53 AM
Try getting a body shop to machine polish the bonnet....might help it, far cheaper than a respray

Marc
29th April 2006, 03:50 PM
Off to Halfords today to buy some new goodies. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers for the replies.

Marc
30th April 2006, 04:26 PM
I love Scratch x. I did have to put it on six times though as after the fifth time I could still see some dullness.

Thanks again

macblob
30th April 2006, 07:57 PM
Just remember to get a good coat of wax/sealant over the area that you used the scratch x on to reprotect the finish :)

N12 JLK
1st May 2006, 06:04 AM
This happened to our last MINI One it took me weeks to finally get the flying rat poo mark the git left behind out . I used Mer but you could still see it on some days. I think the sea gull was eating 40 grit sandpapaer that day:(
Where's my shot gun:)