PDA

View Full Version : Started car last night &

Crombers
27th April 2006, 08:48 PM
man was the power steering whine much noisier than before.
This morning when turning full lock (just sfter starting the car) there was a slight knocking noise from the power steering was well :(

Any thoughts peeps :question:

Car is booked in for 2nd inspection 5/5 (2 yrs old in June) & i,ve done 23500 miles so i guess i'll get them to check it out.
Oh btw Henry Bros have moved their servicing ops to Hillington near Breahead , guess they are maybe gonna expand the showroom in Kyle Street.

Craig
27th April 2006, 09:27 PM
I know there were problems with power steering pumps on earlier cars, but thought yours (being an 04) should not have this issue....

I would keep an eye on the noise and if it gets worse get it into them... It may be worth telling them about it now and see if they want the car in before..;)

Burple
27th April 2006, 10:05 PM
Had something similar on the ol' white Coop...

Keep an eye on it, it might get worse. A lot of people had their cars back to Dealer to get the Steering column replaced with this fault..

Mine did it occaisionally, then one day (Driving home from Leeds Festival) the power steering pump started leaking fluid. Steering got VERRY heavy (no power sreeting!).

Had to top it up with some fluid from Halfrauds till I could get it booked in and replaced...

Mini Me
27th April 2006, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

man was the power steering whine much noisier than before.
This morning when turning full lock (just sfter starting the car) there was a slight knocking noise from the power steering was well :(

Any thoughts peeps :question:

Yup, buy a new one mate......You know what you have to do...01786....:D;)

AeroJonny
28th April 2006, 08:24 AM
between 2 minis I've had 5 steering columns...obviously not the mini's strongest point!!

choc
28th April 2006, 04:21 PM
my 53 plate mini one has had a power steering pump done and i am away 2 get them 2 check out the steering rack as it clunks a bit when the car is cold ,my car has only done 13000 mls

Cooper_si
29th April 2006, 07:59 PM
get it looked at ASAP, i was taking a bend at a fair rate of knots when suddenly my steering lost all the power and was really hard to steer, scared the hell out of me.

choc
2nd May 2006, 10:48 PM
got the steering column and a new coupling fitted under warranty tday from jcs.

Crombers
6th May 2006, 05:11 AM
Well peeps it turns out that it is the steering rack & I,m not getting me car back till Monday evening. Car is apparently to dangerous to drive.

I thought MINI had solved this problem but seems that 04 cars are affected as well.

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Are you getting a courtesy car:question: and are you still going on Sunday

Crombers
6th May 2006, 05:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Are you getting a courtesy car:question: and are you still going on Sunday

Was offered a car (good on Henry Bros) but it would'nt have been available until 6pm tonight & i did'ny have my licence to sort out the insurance. The car also needed to be back for 8am on Monday morning so not really worth all the hassle.

Sunday now cancelled cuddles , sorry about the knockback ;):D

Scottie
6th May 2006, 06:45 AM

Well peeps it turns out that it is the steering rack & I,m not getting me car back till Monday evening. Car is apparently to dangerous to drive.

I thought MINI had solved this problem but seems that 04 cars are affected as well.

jeez that not good but at least your getting it sorted and that's the main thing.:)

AeroJonny
6th May 2006, 07:29 AM
henry bros have never even so much as offered me a courtesy car when I've had the cars in with them...not even when they had the coop in fer a week tryin to find a leak in the roof then put a dent and scrape on it just b4 I arrived to pick it up. They've also damaged some plastic trim and put it back on the car before...but I suppose thats just the bodyshop. The rest of the service dept in there are normally great. IMHO their bodyshop lets them down, just cos i dont drive an M3 or something doesnt mean the can take the p***, at the end of the day I pay the same rates as i would if i actually did. Maybe it's because I'm only 21 I sometimes get taken for a mug in there...any other young guns with similar experiences? Dunno where that rant came from but I feel better now! Anger management therapy brought to u by NMS! :D:D:D:D:D;););)

Crombers
9th May 2006, 06:50 AM
Picked car up tonight with new steering rack fitted (not column as previously indicated) & 2nd service completed. Now all well in the land of Crombers :approve:

Craig
9th May 2006, 04:47 PM

Picked car up tonight with new steering rack fitted (not column as previously indicated) & 2nd service completed. Now all well in the land of Crombers :approve:

good to hear mate - glad it's all sorted...:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2006, 06:51 PM
Glad you got it sorted Crombers.:D

The Dogfather
9th May 2006, 07:21 PM
Good to hear you got it sorted, perhaps you'll be able to keep up with the MX5 now :p

Crombers
9th May 2006, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Good to hear you got it sorted, perhaps you'll be able to keep up with the MX5 now :p

He he , could do that when it was buggered :p;)

The Dogfather
9th May 2006, 09:48 PM
Well you'll be able to show that on the Pancake Run then, it's a re-run of some of the roads we used on the Cullen Run last year :D