PDA

View Full Version : £46!!!!

Big Col
26th April 2006, 03:59 PM
£46 for a tank of petrol! <feels faint>

Scottie
26th April 2006, 04:29 PM
£46.:eek: I stopped at £50:eek: on Friday BP Ultimate 104.90ppl. It's shocking:mad::mad:

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 04:37 PM
Blimey, shocking in it. I had to pay £25 for a full tank of LPG in the Omega, wait a minute, I always pay £25. :evil:

Big Col
26th April 2006, 04:37 PM
YOU have to pay that much Fi??? I thought you'd get it for about 30ppl!

You should use optimax anyway. 99ppl :)

Scottie
26th April 2006, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
YOU have to pay that much Fi??? I thought you'd get it for about 30ppl!

You should use optimax anyway. 99ppl :)

ah they were the days.:) but not anymore:( got to pay the going rate now:(.

VB you do know come 1/09/06 the duty rate on LPG will be goping up by 2.25pl thats 1.00ppl more of a increase than other road products.

So you are slowing catching us.;):p

X30YES
26th April 2006, 05:08 PM
I know the feeling , I filled up on the way to Aberdeen last week and it was £45.....:(,but its not bad when you only need to do that once a month :p

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
VB you do know come 1/09/06 the duty rate on LPG will be goping up by 2.25pl thats 1.00ppl more of a increase than other road products.

Are you sure, I thought the chancellor can only put the duty up by 1p per litre per year until 2009. He has to give 3 years notice on any larger increases, otherwise he'll be going against his policy.

If you're right then I'll just have to start coughing up 42p/litre, shocking :p:D

Scottie
26th April 2006, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Are you sure, I thought the chancellor can only put the duty up by 1p per litre per year until 2009. He has to give 3 years notice on any larger increases, otherwise he'll be going against his policy.

If you're right then I'll just have to start coughing up 42p/litre, shocking :p:D

wel there has not been a increase in duty since 01/10/2003.

the plan is to increase duty on road fuels by 1.25ppl 01/09/06 but the situation is reviewed at that time and depending on global factors and UK factors he usually holds the increase.

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 06:28 PM
Costs us £90 to fill the X5:I:I:I:eek:

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 06:28 PM
That maybe where the 2.25 is coming from, but in the longer term he's alraedy said that he would only raise the duty on LPG by 1p per litre per year, unless he gave 3 years notice of a bigger increase.

Just allows people the security of knowing they'll their money back on a conversion.

Scottie
26th April 2006, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

That maybe where the 2.25 is coming from, but in the longer term he's alraedy said that he would only raise the duty on LPG by 1p per litre per year, unless he gave 3 years notice of a bigger increase.

Just allows people the security of knowing they'll their money back on a conversion.

here you go http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2006/bn38.htm

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 06:34 PM
Damn it, I'll have to remortgage the dogs kennel now ;)

Scottie
26th April 2006, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Costs us £90 to fill the X5:I:I:I:eek:

were you filling with Ultimate Diesel.????

I filled the X'er yesterday just below quarter @ 105.90ppl just cost over £80. In Holland with only about 20miles left on the range we filled with V Power Diesel cost us £60:D Think we need to move.

sleepyrascal
26th April 2006, 06:41 PM
I've started using sainsburys super unleaded...... no i'm not taking the piss here, but my car (and it may just be my car with its particuar set up, mth etc , i dont know) seems smoother, nippier, and it doesnt eat the fuel as much. I kept thinking i was imagining things but im not. I had to fill up there a few weeks ago becasue i was about to run out and there was no optimax in sight. But after 20 or 30 miles i noticed the car felt different.

I'm using sainsburys fom now on. Cheaper, and seemingly better for my car.

Scottie
26th April 2006, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

I've started using sainsburys super unleaded...... no i'm not taking the piss here, but my car (and it may just be my car with its particuar set up, mth etc , i dont know) seems smoother, nippier, and it doesnt eat the fuel as much. I kept thinking i was imagining things but im not. I had to fill up there a few weeks ago becasue i was about to run out and there was no optimax in sight. But after 20 or 30 miles i noticed the car felt different.

ofcourse Sleepy you do know that SAinsbury has a contract with BP and what you are getting is just

Normal Super Unleaded without the additive. The additive is what makes it into either Ultimate or Optimax. Even though most folks are convinced that Ultimate and Optimax are not the same

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 07:01 PM
Isn't nearly all petrol in the UK BP:question:

Burple
26th April 2006, 08:08 PM

You're not the only one! :D I did exactly the same, and noticed the same thing with the One. It feels a LOT smoother and nippier about town, and Sainsburys is round the corner! :cool::D

(right next to KFC.....mmmmmmmmmmmm <drools>) :D:p

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 10:37 PM

ofcourse Sleepy you do know that SAinsbury has a contract with BP and what you are getting is just

Normal Super Unleaded without the additive. The additive is what makes it into either Ultimate or Optimax. Even though most folks are convinced that Ultimate and Optimax are not the same

Fiona, it was Shell Diesel Extra. And Lenore has just reminded me it was only £72 ish. Just seemed like £90 at the time. :eek:

Are you saying that BP Ultimate is exactly the same as Shell Optimax? I mean, literally the same petrol, same refinery with the same additive etc?

A.

sh@z
26th April 2006, 10:46 PM
£50 a fillup has been what i've been paying on the rx8, but i dont need optimax or whatever due to high octane not making a difference on the ****el, glad aswell looking at the price of bloody Ultimate/Optimax

Scottie
26th April 2006, 11:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Fiona, it was Shell Diesel Extra. And Lenore has just reminded me it was only £72 ish. Just seemed like £90 at the time. :eek:

Are you saying that BP Ultimate is exactly the same as Shell Optimax? I mean, literally the same petrol, same refinery with the same additive etc?

A.

Andy, I can only talk about Scotland and yes I am saying that it is exactly the same petrol same additive but less additive gets added to Optimax for branding purposes etc etc.

No matter who says what this is what happens.

I could go and on but you see petrol is refined at a say 100 Ron but BP will only market it at 97 ron where Shell will market it at 98 ron but in actual fact both products have the exact same ron and that Ron is always above what they say.

But if you take say Tesco and they have used their Volume for the month from a Major oil company then they will buy product from the like of Mabanaft now they import fuel and that fuel is onyl refined up to the Standard required and not above.

Big Col
26th April 2006, 11:10 PM
So how come Optimax always comes out better in tests than Ultimate:question:

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 11:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
So how come Optimax always comes out better in tests than Ultimate:question:

Yeah! What Big Col said.:blackeye:

sh@z
26th April 2006, 11:20 PM
Because the additive Shell add's is better than BP's? Even though the actual oil its being added to is identical?

Smitty
26th April 2006, 11:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

£50 a fillup has been what i've been paying on the rx8, but i dont need optimax or whatever due to high octane not making a difference on the ****el, glad aswell looking at the price of bloody Ultimate/Optimax

What sort of MPG do you get out of the ****el engine then? Good/Bad??

Scottie
27th April 2006, 12:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Because the additive Shell add's is better than BP's? Even though the actual oil its being added to is identical?

no no no the additive is the same but less is added to create Optimax or vice versa depending on where product was collected.

Remember this is for only Scotland.

In England you have the shell refinery and well as bp etc etc so for distributors picking up at the shell terminal.

OH it's just to complicated to go through.

Right Supermarkets pick up @ Terminal they just get normal Unleaded fuel with no additives.

Esso or similar pick up at terminal they just get normal unleaded with no additive and for there 98 ron fuel is supergreen/premium unleaded but with no additive.

Shell/BP pick up at each others terminals depending on location. they pick up Supergreen/premium unleaded but then at the gantry the additive is added depending on which company depends on how much additive is added = either Ulitmate or Optimax.

Why optimax comes out better in test I have no idea to be honest.

sh@z
27th April 2006, 12:10 AM
erms, 18 maybe. Talking about 200-220 miles to a tank (52 litres i think it is). Apparently city driving makes the ****el drink the fuel, people doing motorway driving see as much as 300-350 a tank. So not the most economical of motors, but its good fun. The oil drinking issue, isnt as bad as people assume, just need to keep an eye on it. The car has issues when it comes to drinking, thats all lol :p

Big Col
27th April 2006, 12:46 AM
All the tests I've seen have been done in England Fi. That's probably why. :)

sh@z
27th April 2006, 12:52 AM
Do you think when they did these tests, that they went to a unnamed petrol station and filled up, or the aforementioned fuel companies sent their trucks with the fuel for them to use... if the latter then there could be a difference in what they used in test and what we actually get.