PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got my Mini Convertible

SarahMunro
26th April 2006, 05:10 AM
Hi to all those I met on the factory tour, had a fantastic time! Thanks to Craig for organising. As you are aware I had a huge urge for a hot orange convertible well I got it!! Pick it up next week, Ian didn't have to twist my arm at all to get it. Looking forward to going on lots of mini runs, especially now that I won't have to sit next to Ian as he stinks!! (only joking):D

The Dogfather
26th April 2006, 05:12 AM
Nice one :D

Big Col
26th April 2006, 05:13 AM
oooh giz a shot so I can decide if I should get one! :)

Smurf
26th April 2006, 05:16 AM
YAY!! Well done Sarah!! :D

ianking
26th April 2006, 05:17 AM
Like you needed any arm twisting. In fact if I hadnt held you back you would have payed much more for it. How good am I at haggling!!:D:):cool:
My god we are a 3 mini family now. Running out of parking space for them

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 05:23 AM
Glad you got what you wanted Sarah, Canny wait to see it.:D:D

L

N12 JLK
26th April 2006, 06:07 AM
Did you change the wheels:question: Car looks superb as we did see you on Sunday at the Ministry of Broon.
Look forward to seeing you both again soon on another MINI adventure!!!!!!!!

Jason & lesley:cool:

X30YES
26th April 2006, 01:51 PM
HI and welcome Sarah

Craig
26th April 2006, 03:29 PM
Well done Sarah...:D:D

that's another car for you to polish Ian ;)

See you on the 7th... hope to see the new motor then :approve:

ianking
26th April 2006, 04:56 PM
Hi guys. We ended up getting a car through a private sale. Found the car on the auto trader and was able to knock the price down somewhat as well. The car is a hot orange cooper with pepper pack, trip computer, CD, multi function wheel. 14,500 miles on a 54 plate. Got it for £12650 and its got TLC and new front tyres fitted. Sarah is thinking about getting the orange dashboard and door cover things and im working on her to put bigger wheels on it as its only got 15' rockets at the moment.

monkimagic
27th April 2006, 01:41 AM
Well done & welcome aboard

gill
29th April 2006, 03:36 AM
Welcome aboard ... the new addition to your mini family sounds fab! :D:D:D

X30YES
29th April 2006, 04:42 AM
All you need is some good weather now :D:D:D

SarahMunro
6th May 2006, 12:49 AM
I got my convertible!!!! :D It is gorgeous but needs a clean so guess who will be doing that (Ian!)
At work today and everyone is googling over it, don't think I have done any work! Perfect weather :cool:

Will put photo's on when it looks clean. :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 04:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by SarahMunro

I got my convertible!!!! :D It is gorgeous but needs a clean so guess who will be doing that (Ian!)
At work today and everyone is googling over it, don't think I have done any work! Perfect weather :cool:

Will put photo's on when it looks clean. :p

Glad you have got it, now go and get that camera out and take some piccies.:D:D:D

Now do you still want to do your horsey thing on Sunday:eek:, or do you feel like ditching it in favour of a MINI run:question:;):D

L

Craig
6th May 2006, 04:47 AM
get it washed ian - we want pictures!!!! :approve::approve::approve:

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 05:25 AM
Get some wet T-shirt pics on of yourself Ian washing the car:D

Crombers
6th May 2006, 06:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Get some wet T-shirt pics on of yourself Ian washing the car:D

JASON , sit down !!

SarahMunro
8th May 2006, 07:29 PM
Hi,

Really sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was so jealous when Ian came home and told me all about it. I was standing in the peeing rain :cool: getting soaken. Was thinking about you all. Unfortunately the mini was in a field yesterday so Ian has a big job of washing it so I can get some pics for you. Will order him to do it soon!! It needs bigger wheels definately and a private reg I think but that costs pennies! so might have to wait. :dead:

See you all soon :p

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 08:29 PM

Hi,

Really sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was so jealous when Ian came home and told me all about it.

Don't worry Sarah, there will be other runs.:D

Now, get that car washed and take some piccies.;):D

SarahMunro
19th May 2006, 09:53 PM
Andy and Lenore

Eatern have found the fault with my mini. It needs the steering rack replaced.:( Bit annoying but at least it is covered under warranty. Ian said it would be that and it took eastern a day to find the fault. The mini might be off the road for a few days and the cheek of it is that they are charging me £10 per day for a courtesy car. I said I would collect my car today and return it on Monday. I'm not paying them do nothing over the weekend! :dead:
Plus it might be sunny over the weekend!! :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2006, 08:23 AM

Andy and Lenore

Eatern have found the fault with my mini. It needs the steering rack replaced.:( Bit annoying but at least it is covered under warranty. Ian said it would be that and it took eastern a day to find the fault. The mini might be off the road for a few days and the cheek of it is that they are charging me £10 per day for a courtesy car. I said I would collect my car today and return it on Monday. I'm not paying them do nothing over the weekend! :dead:

Glad you are getting it sorted Sarah,:D it just sounds like the same fault we have in our MINI but Dunedin can never seem to identify it.:(:mad:

Crombers
21st May 2006, 12:05 AM

Andy and Lenore

Just had my steering rack replaced by Henry Bros & man what a difference it makes. Still a bit peeved that 2004 cars need new steering rack mind :(