PDA

View Full Version : ICE

Linda M
10th November 2003, 03:13 AM
Ok, need a bit of help from anyone. I'm wanting to put a decent sound system in Daisy but I am not 'up' on ICE so any help would be appreciated.

I'm not looking for the 'biggest' or 'best' just decent sound. Keep it simple please as I'm not a 'technology' freak so not interested in these MP3 things :I

Was thinking about just CD with an upgraded 'cool' speaker system.

seany
10th November 2003, 03:24 AM
Can't help you there, not into the technology side of ice, 2-3 years time i will be looking for someone to help me 2.

Gismo
10th November 2003, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Ok, need a bit of help from anyone. I'm wanting to put a decent sound system in Daisy but I am not 'up' on ICE so any help would be appreciated.
I'm not looking for the 'biggest' or 'best' just decent sound. Keep it simple please as I'm not a 'technology' freak so not interested in these MP3 things :I
Was thinking about just CD with an upgraded 'cool' speaker system.Linda, it's really gonna depend on just exactly how far you wanna go, but, it depends on whether you want a cd changer too.
Firstly the speakers have to go for upgraded units, decent fronts and rears should set you back about £160, these would be simple replacement siz for size jobbies, a fair bit of work involved to replace them but nowt to a hi fi installer.
Was looking myself for an MP3 CD player for me julie, can get them online for 140 quid new.
So, choose that and your looking at 400 quid all in fitted, time to call the resident Zoooooom (John on here, lol)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
10th November 2003, 03:56 AM
I was planning on spending round about £600. New cd system, replacing front and rear speakers. I'd also want a cd changer fitted.

Was going to pick up Car Audio mag this week :clown:

Gismo
10th November 2003, 04:12 AM

I was planning on spending round about £600. New cd system, replacing front and rear speakers. I'd also want a cd changer fitted.Was going to pick up Car Audio mag this week :clown:You should easily get something for that, check out this site, nice and cheap http://www.incardiscount.co.uk then get John to install, bit of a distance to go, unless you can get someone else

Have you got the MFSW?? you'll need an adaptor and may want to go with a known route, contact mikeythemini on MINI2 for extra advice, he can sell you all the adaptors you'll need http://www.newministuff.co.uk/

Also, do you have the CD prep?? again you'll need an interface to connect it to your choice of cd changer

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
10th November 2003, 05:05 PM
Linda, I would honestly advise an MP3 player, I couldn't live without mine, 10+ albums on 1 cd, braww!! And if you've got as many albums as Alan (he owns HMV you know!!;)), then an MP3 changer would do the biz!! I personally found that with my rather lovely new MP3 player, that the exisitng speakers were pretty good, and I can almost deafen out the sound of the exhaust!! Hope you find what you're after, or what about an i-Pod (sorry Willie, had to drop that one in!!):D:clown::I

GAJ
10th November 2003, 05:32 PM
iPod!! Yeahhh!!!

Wul
10th November 2003, 07:32 PM
Linda - there's so many diferent options available out there that you could spend forever deciding on things - however i agree with BS and Julz that for the wee bit extra it's worth going for an MP3 player.

Another factor to consider is gettting a head unit you like the look of - ie one which sits nicely with your interior - what interior finish do you have? silver, anthracite, alloy patina, walnut? ;) Also as BS said you need to make sure it is compatible with the MSFW via an adaptor.

With my silver interior - i went for a JVC CD head unit and 12 discs changer - the changer is also mp3 compatible so can play both - the head unit is silver and matches nicely - i got it from www.caraudiodirect.com for £199 and an adaptor from mikey the mini for about £15.

Next on list will be rear speaker (6x9's) as i am now scared my headunit (45w) will blow my 10w speaker if i get too heavy handed with the bass/volume.

This probably hasn't helped you much - but i'm sure john and co can guide you some more too!

:)

Burple
10th November 2003, 08:26 PM
Hi Linda..
Definitely the first step is a decent Head unit. that improves the sound spectacularly for the least £££ :D
Like Julz says, if you have the technology on a your PC, go for an MP3 player head unit!
I'm slowly going down the same sort of route, speakers are next (but i do have a 12" sub lying waiting ;))
You can get the adaptor and all fitting bits from Mikeythemini (DEFINITELY recommended - excellent service from him!)
for the rest of your stuff you won't go far wrong trying www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk in Birminham too. I got my head unit from them... V cheap and it was here the next day!

Wul... I'm running a 4x50 Watt head unit thru the standard speakers just now... they cope admirably up to about 25 on the volume scale!!! ;) 6x9s are next tho... I already have the amps waiting!

Julz
10th November 2003, 09:58 PM
While I mind Linda, Pioneer do an MP3 head unit that looks nice and simple, but the finish is a dark scratched metaly (techinical!!) effect that would match the Daisy's dash nicely;):D (I thought of getting it, but had just forked out £300 for my MP3!!:eek:)

Linda M
10th November 2003, 10:05 PM
Geez, spent a few hours on the net last night checking all this ICE stuff out.....now I AM confused :I

To answer a few questions, I don't have the MFSW so don't need the adaptor.

The MP3 player isn't a problem it's the time and knowledge of I think you call it 'burning' CD's. Willie (technology freak) knows about that stuff but he really hasn't got the time or patience to teach me. Trust me it would end in divorce :I I hardly have 'any' computer skills apart from e-mail and the internet.....honestly don't have a clue, remember I've worked with Horses all my life....OUTSIDE 24hrs a day till now :I And in my school days there were NO computers :I

Anyway, back on track.....like the look of an Alpine or Kenwood head unit. I have discovered an ICE showroom in Stirling called RATS so I'll be paying them a visit soon as I'd like to actually hear some sets. Although I think they are quite 'up' market but I'll see.

Last night I got a bit excited and had thought about a subwoofer but that's kinda went by the wayside today as I think I'd be best trying to get the basics first.

Thank's for all the advice everyone :)

Wul
10th November 2003, 10:06 PM
you mean the pioneer dehp77mp julz?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/dehp77.jpg

£229.99 on caraudiodirect at the mo!

Linda M
10th November 2003, 10:08 PM
Ohhhh, that's pretty :clown:

Wul
10th November 2003, 10:13 PM
More info here http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2381 for Linda!

:D

Burple
11th November 2003, 12:08 AM
Hiya Linda..
Here's some for comparison from Scenic...

Kenwood : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=6
(I got the KDC-M6024G but it was £10 cheaper then! ;))

Alpine : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=1

Pioneer : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=9

Sony : http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/Manufacturer.asp?ManufacturerID=10
dunno if the prices there are any cheaper... maybe someone else has some comparisons? :D

Mini Martyn
11th November 2003, 12:58 AM
For sound quality go for Alpine, most of them are MP3 these days, and come in Silver, a bit like mine :cool:

http://www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk/trolleyed/6/index.htm#CDA9812RB

Only problem with buying over the internet some times is that it is B stock and dosent always work proparly (ie Stock that has had a problem and been fixed and resold) A freind of mine did that and his dosent eject proparly. :(

If you can spend more money on the front speakers as you can as this is where you are.

Good luck with it all i look forward to hearing you once its all done.

Linda M
11th November 2003, 04:27 AM
OK, after an afternoon and part the evening searching about the net I've made a couple of executive decisions :clown:

Going for the pioneer dehp77mp (thank you Julie & Wul :)) The reasons are because I love it's simple design, it's very stylish and I think it's pretty cool (just like ME.....Oops sound's like I'm on blind date now :clown:) Also after searching about I managed to find quite a few reviews of it which were all good so that helped :D

Next decision was a Sony Xpod cd changer.

Now comes the bit which I need loads of help on folks...SPEAKERS....where do I begin :question::question:

By the way I'm up to about £500 already :eek: Cheap speakers would be nice :I Only kidding :clown:

Thank's folks :)

Gismo
11th November 2003, 04:51 AM
Linda,
It really pays to shop around at various different suppliers, i've seen your head unit as much as £35 of difference :eek:
Also, pioneer are having supply teoubles at the moment, best get in quick.
As for speakers, i remember hearing John's after he put in new rears, they sounded good, so, try him.
Contact mikeythemini for an idea, he'll send the stuff to you

Bonnie Scotland

Craig
11th November 2003, 05:08 AM
Linda, I used to be into ICE in a BIG way. What I can tell you is that there is no substitute for quality. The front setup on the Mini is what is known at "component" speakers with a crossover. Without getting too technical the high sounds go to the wee speaker and the low to the bigger speaker. A few years ago, I had a set of Clif Designs component speakers and they cost £250. The sound was amazing, compared to the originals. Good sound, does cost money (get what you pay for and all that). If you are also going to put in bigger speakers in the back and a subwoofer in the boot, (this may be at a later date, but you must get this decision right) then make sure that your new head unit can handle it. I would suggest at least 2 pre-outs and an inbuilt amp of 4 x 50W minimum. If you want any further info, let me know - also I still have my Clif Design speakers and a set of Alpine 6 x 9's. As for Head Units - if you have the money go for Alpine or Kenwood, all the top ICE nuts have them.:D

Linda M
11th November 2003, 05:56 AM
Alan, I'm gonna try get the head unit tomorrow.

Craig, thank's for 'all' that info....I actually understood it :) Well explained.

Julz
11th November 2003, 05:23 PM

Ohhhh, that's pretty :clown:

Precisely!! And when you see it in real life, it's even better, they have it in Halfrauds!!;)

Wul
12th November 2003, 01:57 AM
Linda - i'm not questioning your judgement but why a sony Xpod changer? there are cheaper Pioneer units available and you may need an interface for the pioneer/ sony link.

If it's to utilise the existing cd-prep then don't bother - I fitted my new head unit and changer in 30 mins over luchtime - the big cable for the cd changer can be easily tucked away without demolishing the car first.

Linda M
12th November 2003, 03:08 AM
Does this mean I need to go back to looking at CD changers :disapprove: Wul I liked the colour of the Sony Xpod :I:clown:

Seriously though I get what you're saying Wul and will scout about again :) I noticed that you had a thread on MINI2 back in May about the head unit :cool:

I'm spending ages sourcing info on speakers which has me totally LOST :sleepy:

Gismo
12th November 2003, 04:44 AM
I'm spending ages sourcing info on speakers which has me totally LOST :sleepy:
Did i mention ask mikeythemini for advice on decent speakers, he'll even supply the correct spacers etc

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
12th November 2003, 07:02 AM
Sorry Alan, Willie says that I suffer from ADD :clown:

Gismo
12th November 2003, 08:23 AM

Sorry Alan, Willie says that I suffer from ADD :clown:
Linda, i sent Willie a couple of pics showing what can be achieved in your mini.

Absolutely fantastic

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
12th November 2003, 06:11 PM
Linda - mikeythemini's website http://www.newministuff.co.uk/

and his email formbycarelec@aol.com or mikewildy@aol.com

Re the changer - i saw a nice shiny silver 12 disc pioneer for about £150ish not sure if it had mP3 though? Mines is silver too but it's hidden from view in the boot well recess - unfortunately you don't have that luxury due to your battery being there!

GAJ
12th November 2003, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

... it's hidden from view in the boot well recess - unfortunately you don't have that luxury due to your battery being there!

I have that luxury though! I think Christmas might be sorted!!

Wul, I don't have the CD Changer prep installed - did you fit this yourself?:p

Wul
12th November 2003, 08:55 PM
GAJ - I had the CD prep and Bonnie Scotlands old OEM CD changer hooked up to my WAVE head unit - however i then flogged the CD changer and replaced the head unit with a Shiny silver JVC one and a 12 disc MP3 changer.

The new head unit/ changer has it's own cable which i easily ran from the dash to the boot by tucking it under the perimeter trims and then under the rear seat carpet and into the boot well. On that basis you don't need to have the cd prep.

However if you are wanting to install a MINI or SONY CD changer into your original head unit then you are probably gonna need to but the CD prep kit!

But if i was you i'd go for a new head unit/ changer deal as all you need is the head unit fitting kit from mikeythemini or john and et viola - instantly better sound quality!

Wul
12th November 2003, 09:16 PM
Hey Linda - why don't you go for an amp install like this:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25103

Don't think anyone on here has anything like this...yet:p;)

Isn't that right Alan?:cool:

Willie M
12th November 2003, 09:19 PM
Don't think Alan's here to reply Wul :D Said something about picking up a car today, dunno what he was on about though ;):D

Julz
12th November 2003, 09:21 PM
Isn't that right Alan?:cool:

Hee hee, that looks mildly familiar, but there will be peace and tranquility on the forums for a wee while, Alan is away to collect Mili at long last, and I've no doubt he's on the train just now with his clutch foot jiggling in anticipation!!!:clown::I

Wul
12th November 2003, 09:36 PM
Yup - that is indeed correct - he was still posting to MTM after 1am this morning - Chrismas comes early for the young Alan! :D

GAJ
12th November 2003, 10:09 PM
Wul, being a simple soul, I was thinking of possibly linking a changer with MP3 capabilities to the MINI headunit I have. Would that work? Would navigation of the MP3 files on the disc be a nightmare i.e. what info would the headunit show?

Linda M
12th November 2003, 10:53 PM
OK....here goes, walked into Halfords in Stirling this morning and to my amazement came out with everything I needed :D:D:D

OK so there's a bit of a mark up on the prices but to be honest I'm getting fed up with finding just what I need on a web site only to find it's a different story when you want it, out of stock, high demand, need to order, blah blah :mad: SO, for me the bonus was walking out with all my stuff :cool:

So I am now the proud owner of:

The lovely Pioneer DEH-P77MP head unit :D
Pioneer TS-E6995 emotion 6x9 rear speakers (300W) :D
Pioneer matching front speakers (180W) :D
Spacer kit for front speakers
Facia panel although I'm not sure about the plastic look and may ask my darling husband if he can't get something made in brushed SS
Car audio connector
Plus two other bits I need that they will have in tomorrow

Only thing I didn't get was a changer, they had 2 Pioneer ones but they didn't have an MP3 function.

I just have to say that that's the first time I've been in Halfords since I was about 19 (bit of a change) But the guy who served me couldn't have been more helpful so it's full marks for Halfords today :D

Julz
12th November 2003, 10:59 PM
Congratulations Linda, isn't the stereo lovely, I still have a wee ogle at it when in buying yet more shampoo/polish etc!!!
As for the plastic fascia, if it's the adaptor thingy, don't worry, you dinnae see it!!!
I'm sure Daisy will be thoroughly chuffed!!!:D:D:clown:

Wul
13th November 2003, 12:13 AM
Linda - well done - do you not qualify for at least getting the head unit fitted for free for buying all that lot - i'm sure halfords offer free fitting for purchases over £200 - or least they used to!

as for changers - this is my one
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/chx1500.jpg
with this head unit
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/kdsx841r.jpg

GAJ - this sony changer
http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?cpage=product/browse_detail.php&area=shop&category_id=97&sub_category_id=29&manufacturer_id=498&product_id=23678&show_my_car=&return_link=%2Findex.php%3FP%3Dpbb%26A%3Dshop%26ci d%3D97%26scid%3D29%26mode%3Dall
is the one you can use with the connects2 interface to plug into the MINI h/u - however the interface is about £50ish and it will be the same for your cd prep cable at least and for abot £70 less you could get a new headunit/changer package with better sound quality and no need for any interfaces etc.

Linda M
13th November 2003, 01:13 AM
Wul, I don't think he bothered mentioning fitting cos I'd said from the start that I was getting it fitted.

If all goes to plan my dealers should be carrying out a wee mod on Daisy mid December so I'll just get them to do the hi fi fitting too....don't all start shouting, I think my dealers are wonderful and at the moment won't go past them, no matter what they charge me :I

Thanks everyone for all the help :)

seany
13th November 2003, 01:33 AM
whats the mod

Burple
13th November 2003, 01:41 AM
Aww... Linda... you've gone and got me in the mood to spend more money again...
Just bid for a set of Infinity 6953i 6x9s on Ebay...
...and waiting for a response to an email for a nice Vibe sub enclosure...

... well I do have those amps just sitting there... ;)

Linda M
13th November 2003, 01:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

whats the mod

Not telling, not telling :p

GAJ
13th November 2003, 02:50 AM
Spill............

macblob
13th November 2003, 02:53 AM
Come on Linda, bet its big brakes or something, or new wheels?

Wul
13th November 2003, 03:12 AM
Window tints? so the thieves can see all the lurvely ICE on show! :D

Linda M
13th November 2003, 03:41 AM
It's Daisy's Christmas pressie, so I couldn't possibly say :clown:

Linda M
13th November 2003, 03:51 AM
Right, I might've made a teeny weeny booby :I

Someone please tell me about front speaker sizes :question::question::question:

I've searched about M2 and it looks like being 13-15cm.

Although the ever so helpful Halfords guy did look up his book and assured me they'd fit with this spacer thing. But they're 17cm :eek:

See, here was me thinking I was a real cool dude now :I

mikeythemini
13th November 2003, 08:36 AM
1st venture on here :)
Fronts can be 13cm or 16.5cm providing you get the correct spacer
The Sony changer will not work with the Pioneer:
Bye :)

Gismo
13th November 2003, 06:07 PM

Hey Linda - why don't you go for an amp install like this:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25103
Don't think anyone on here has anything like this...yet:p;)
Isn't that right Alan?:cool:Oi, hands off :blackeye: thats a one off install and i hold the patent :evil:, even mikeythemini doesn't get to copy that :)

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
13th November 2003, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

1st venture on here :)
Fronts can be 13cm or 16.5cm providing you get the correct spacer
The Sony changer will not work with the Pioneer:
Bye :)Welcome to our madness Mike, looking forward to your excellent advise :cool:

By the way, for those who missed me :I and especially for those who didn't :eek: i'm back, but, go here:-
http://www.mini2.com//forum/showthread.php?p=582775#post582775

to see the finished article, sorry Linda for stealing your thread ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
13th November 2003, 06:38 PM
Welcome Mikeythemini!

Alan - looks good!

Linda - looks like a trip back to halfrauds for you! BTW they did include the aerial adaptor with the wiring harness i trust?

Gismo
13th November 2003, 06:50 PM

quote:Originally posted by seany

whats the modNot telling, not telling :p A new air freshener :I

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
14th November 2003, 01:58 AM
I think I'm going to play safe and get them to order the 13cm speakers.

Welcome and thanks mikeythemini (heard a lot about you ;))

Wul, I got the aerial adapter thing.

Alan, HOW did you guess.....the new air freshener :question: Now you've went and spoiled it :clown:

Gismo
14th November 2003, 10:00 PM
Any updates Linda, did you manage to change your front speakers??

When is it all getting fitted

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
14th November 2003, 11:01 PM
Got everything :D:D:D Apart from the CD changer, I pick it up on Tuesday.

Credit again to the guy at Halfords, when the spacers for the front speakers came in he knew right away the 17cm pioneer's wouldn't fit even though his book said they would. He apologized, which wasn't needed as he's been so helpful. Anyway it's all sorted now.

I'm all excited, never done anything like this before to a car.

Not sure when it'll all be getting fitted though.

Wul
14th November 2003, 11:29 PM
Linda - which changer did you opt for in the end?

Linda M
26th November 2003, 12:38 AM
:D:D:D Can you all guess :D:D:D New sound system all fitted and sounding brilliant :cool:

Went for the Pioneer changer Wul, kept it all Pioneer.

Mindyou anything sounds good to me due to my 'tone' deafness ;) Oh and my ADD kicked in as soon as I saw the instruction manual :clown: When we moved and were gutting a house we decided to buy all new appliances, tv's, hi fi's etc so I now have about 15 instruction manuals to go through :I:clown: One day !!!

seany
26th November 2003, 01:58 AM
how fitted it for you linda

Linda M
26th November 2003, 07:32 AM
Seany, it was a company called 'In Car Connection' based in Dunblane. They do a lot of Menzies installs and came recommended. Willie had also used them in the past and they had done a good job.

Gismo
26th November 2003, 07:36 AM
Pardon the pun, but, it sounds good ;) looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, so to speak

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
26th November 2003, 05:52 PM
Hey Linda - any chance of a pic of the pioneer headunit in Daisy? after starting the first thread on this h/u on MINI2 would be nice to see it in place. :)

Linda M
27th November 2003, 12:52 AM
Will try get a pic up soon. What a 'cracking' sound coming from this system :cool: I'm well chuffed :D I phoned Willie up at his work, blasted up nickleback, held the phone in the car for a few minutes then hung up :evil::clown::D

Willie M
27th November 2003, 01:13 AM

I phoned Willie up at his work, blasted up nickleback...
Splutter!!! :eek: I'll have you know I've NEVER been blasted up the nickelback :I:I

Big Col
27th November 2003, 01:14 AM
Hey BS. I just looked at the amp install in the link Wul posted.

THAT is cool. <doffs cap in BS's direction>

Gismo
27th November 2003, 02:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda MI phoned Willie up at his work, blasted up nickleback, held the phone in the car for a few minutes then hung up :evil::clown::DPlease phone me and let me listen too ;) do you do requests, i wouldn't mind some David Bowie :D

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
27th November 2003, 02:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hey BS. I just looked at the amp install in the link Wul posted. THAT is cool. <doffs cap in BS's direction>Why thankyou, all credit to mikeythemini :cool: i only had to pay for it :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
28th November 2003, 12:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Linda MI phoned Willie up at his work, blasted up nickleback, held the phone in the car for a few minutes then hung up :evil::clown::DPlease phone me and let me listen too ;) do you do requests, i wouldn't mind some David Bowie :D

Bonnie Scotland

A variation on this theme is phoning up friends and loved ones voicemail and leaving musical messages - i do this to my mate at work in glasgow (when he's gone home for the night)but only play the songs he really hates!:D:p:evil: really easy to leave a naff compilation worth with me mp3's!:p

Linda M
28th November 2003, 05:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Please phone me and let me listen too ;) do you do requests, i wouldn't mind some David Bowie :D
David Bowie, who's he ? :evil: Now lets talk about the wee boys from BUSTED :clown: COOL music :cool:

Willie and I went for a spin in Daisy round the wonderful Crieff back roads last night just to listen to the system, it's pure magic :cool: We didn't even stop for a 'winch' :disapprove: The music and drive was too good :D

Gismo
28th November 2003, 07:54 PM
Cough, splutter, wheeze :dead: you mention the almighty bowie and busted in the same sentence ;) and just what is a winch :question:

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
28th November 2003, 09:10 PM
You not going to see his Bowieness at the SECC tonight? I couldn't get tickets...:(

quote:and just what is a winch

DON'T GO THERE!!!!

Big Gordy
28th November 2003, 09:18 PM
A winch. Is that not a wire pulling machine <phnar,phnar> that you fit on the front of your Range Rover when you stay in Crieff so you can pull yourself <snigger,snigger> out of the ditches when you crash in the snow during the winter. :p:D:approve:

Gismo
28th November 2003, 09:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

You not going to see his Bowieness at the SECC tonight? I couldn't get tickets...:(
Couldn't get tickets, all the rip off merchants got them, i don't mind paying to see him but i aint lining anyones pockets to get me there.
I honestly hope they can't sell them

Bonnie Scotland

weefossy
29th November 2003, 09:44 PM
Linda, saw Busted in Dublin, they were superb! One of the best new bands about; who get a lot of their songs from B A Robinson. Whether they will survive as long as Bowie is questionable. Have you got the new CD yet. Santa is bringing mine.
Back on the ICE subject, 3 great MINI ICE installs in the November Max Power magazine.

Linda M
29th November 2003, 10:55 PM
Snap Malcolm, Santa's got my new Busted album too :D I don't know if it can match the 'Busted' album, even Willie (who isn't into wee boy bands) said there isn't a bad song on that album :eek:

By the way, I just 'love' my new ICE system :D

Burple
1st December 2003, 07:45 AM
Bah.... Boy Bands...
Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::dead:

I've not had a good rant all weekend.... ;);):D

Willie M
1st December 2003, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

A winch. Is that not a wire pulling machine <phnar,phnar> that you fit on the front of your Range Rover when you stay in Crieff so you can pull yourself <snigger,snigger> out of the ditches when you crash in the snow during the winter. :p:D:approve:
Or alternatively could be used for pulling Mondeo's out of the canal on the Allandale road, after said Range Rover has 'accidentally' dazzled oncoming Mondeo driver with his full beam on almost any given Winter's morning :evil:;)

Big Gordy
1st December 2003, 10:03 PM
quote:Mondeo driver with his full beam on almost any given Winter's morning Right :evil: Stuff you then :dead: and I thought I was just being friendly. No more 'flashing' from me then. Nope, none, not a one :mad: <goes away in a huff> :p:D:approve:

Linda M
1st December 2003, 11:19 PM
Ewan, you 'rant' more than us women :evil::p;):D

Burple
2nd December 2003, 01:33 AM

Ewan, you 'rant' more than us women :evil::p;):D

Tee hee hee....
I know... but I'm just getting sooooooooooooo good at it!!!
:D:D:D;);):cool:

and it's fun! :D

Willie M
2nd December 2003, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Right :evil: Stuff you then :dead: and I thought I was just being friendly. No more 'flashing' from me then. Nope, none, not a one :mad: <goes away in a huff> :p:D:approve:
:disapprove:Awww!! no more 'flashing'... :disapprove: :D I meant me blinding you though Gordy, not t'other way about. Besides, I'm usually asleep when I drive by, how could you possibly dazzle me when my eyes are shut??? :sleepy:

Big Col
2nd December 2003, 05:03 PM
<shudders at the thought of Big G flashing>

Big Gordy
2nd December 2003, 05:32 PM
quote:I meant me blinding you though GordyThat's OK then Willie :D when I read it I wasn't sure so I just went in a huff to make sure :p:D:approve:

Wul
18th December 2003, 01:57 AM
Well saw the mobile cinema that is Milli (BS's MINI) today and have to say the workmanship of Mikeythemini looks first class! LCD's in the headrests look ace and as for that amp set-up the boot!

Think it's a great idea teaming up with macdonalds so you can have a bigmac as you watch a movie!

When does milli go to get her MacDonalds livery stuck on alan? ;)

Wul

PS: Was glad to see Milli had as dirty a bum as my Cooper - so there KenL!! ;):I

Gismo
18th December 2003, 04:30 AM
PS: Was glad to see Milli had as dirty a bum as my Cooper - so there KenL!! ;):I
It's had it's backside wiped now, in the dark too!!

Bonnie Scotland

Quik_Mini
18th December 2003, 09:10 AM
Lol, only teeny problem with Minis is how dirty the back gets soooo quickly

Wul
9th February 2004, 11:27 PM
Hey Alan - see your install is taking pride of place on the home page of mikeythemini's site :D

www.newministuff.co.uk - second row of pictures.

Gismo
10th February 2004, 06:11 AM
Hey Alan - see your install is taking pride of place on the home page of mikeythemini's site :Dwww.newministuff.co.uk - second row of pictures.Is it really :I i never saw it ;)