PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Leads

S7JGW
25th April 2006, 01:20 AM
Heard a funny popping sound comin from my car the last day as it sat at idle. Opened the bonnet and the second spark plug lead was poping up and down. So took it out and put it back in and seemed to go away a while. Started to do it again about a week later so decided to take it out and have a look again and the top of the lead came out and theres still some of it stuck to the top of the spark plug. Got it back in just now but will have to get it replaced soon. Anyone had this before?
Does andy one know if you can buy the plug leads seperately or do they have to be bought as a set?
Jim

Craig
25th April 2006, 01:31 AM
most are sold in a set Jim, but MINI may be different... ;)

I had to buy a set recently for my classic and they are sold in a set... (they are not normally very expensive (mine were less than £10)...:D

S7JGW
25th April 2006, 01:49 AM
Hopin there not too expensive heard that vectras have to be bought in sets at £80
Jim

X30YES
25th April 2006, 03:46 AM
Try plugleads (http://www.minimaniauk.com/web/STSearch/ENGINE-TRANS_NM/SUBTYPE/SearchText/ShowIcons/Yes/ItemPropParents/ENGINE-TRANS_NM/CarSearch/NEW_MINI/Search_Inventory.cfm)
High quality plug wires that not only provide great performance but also allow you to color balance your engine compartment. Plug Wire Set has 8mm carbon core with Red silicone jacket and premium factory style plug connectors. Also available in Blue, Black, or Yellow.@ around £24 without searching the WWW :p:p:p 16-17 down on that page not the Nology HotWires at the top:eek: