How much do you reckon this one will be says POA

http://www.mikeabbasclassiccars.co.uk/MORE%20MINI%20VAN%20PICTURES.htm

The Dogfather
24th April 2006, 07:55 AM
Probably as much as a Park Lane ;)

Craig
24th April 2006, 03:35 PM
looks nigh on concours..... could be looking at 5 figures Fi :eek:;):approve:

I would think he could ask anywhere from £10K to £15K.... Silly price I know, but because of condition, rareity etc...

bpirie1000
24th April 2006, 04:03 PM
I Have 2 Mini Vans.

One is a 1961 and the Other is slightly Newer the Newer One will be for sale once it is complete. I just have to get cracking with it.

P.M. me if your interested I can build It to your spec if the money is right.

Cheers

Scottie
24th April 2006, 04:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

looks nigh on concours..... could be looking at 5 figures Fi :eek:;):approve:

I would think he could ask anywhere from £10K to £15K.... Silly price I know, but because of condition, rareity etc...

really that much.:eek::eek: can't afford that:(:(

Scottie
24th April 2006, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

I Have 2 Mini Vans.

One is a 1961 and the Other is slightly Newer the Newer One will be for sale once it is complete. I just have to get cracking with it.

P.M. me if your interested I can build It to your spec if the money is right.

Cheers

well got a couple irons in the fire as they say. A Mini Van is the preferred choice but also know of a 11 year old Mini with 3000 miles on the clock. Thinking of taking a look as we know the guy selling the car. His wife is a old work mate of mines and a friend on my mum he was left the car by someone and not wanting it. best bit I only have to go to Doune to check it out.

However if you never know may be in touch. How much would it cost to make a minivan a daily users???

Scottie
24th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Allan just phoned the comapny selling the Van. They are selling it on behalf of someone who has already turned down a offer of 15K and its looking more in the region of 20K plus for the van.

Craig
24th April 2006, 05:30 PM
I should sell cars/vans for a living - not far off the mark..:D

minimadtez
26th April 2006, 06:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop know of a 11 year old Mini with 3000 miles on the clock.

Thats because the miles on a classic mini always sticks!
mine has had the same mileage on the past 2 MOT certificates! :D:D (even though i drove him to Norfolk and back!!!)

sleepyrascal
26th April 2006, 06:49 PM
20k. For a MINI van!?!?!?!?!?! Has the world gone mad! Its a mini van! a mini ... VAN!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I wish I could understand this thing people have with old classic minis. I've tried, but I just see piles of scrap waiting to be mashed and made into baked bean tins! :blackeye:. The van actually makes me feel a bit depressed. :(. If it was any good, they would still be making it.

SOrry to all you classic lovers out there!!!! I know there are many of you!!! :blackeye: (im gona go find a good place to hide now :D)

minimadtez
26th April 2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah id hide sleepy!!!

You are a modern car man.......if you had been brought up with a driveway full of minis, and random other cars you'd love them too :)

and to be honest......ive had more problems with Bumble (my 2001 MINI one) than Coopy (my 1971 mini!!!). Bumble is currently sitting in the drive feeling sorry for himself, with a knackered gearbox.groan!

sleepyrascal
26th April 2006, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

Yeah id hide sleepy!!!

You are a modern car man.......if you had been brought up with a driveway full of minis, and random other cars you'd love them too :)

and to be honest......ive had more problems with Bumble (my 2001 MINI one) than Coopy (my 1971 mini!!!). Bumble is currently sitting in the drive feeling sorry for himself, with a knackered gearbox.groan!

I know Tez. I'm just poking the fire! :D

Your never gona convince me that a classic is a good thing though!! :D ... and i just know your gona try. That mini run with all the classics was the nail in the coffin for me!

minimadtez
26th April 2006, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Your never gona convince me that a classic is a good thing though!! :D ... and i just know your gona try. That mini run with all the classics was the nail in the coffin for me!

Im afraid its true.....most people who have not been keen on classics have changed their mind once they have come a run in coopy....however, sleepy has been in coopy, and has also been on a run with classics......and both have made him dislike classics more!!! groan

Burple
26th April 2006, 08:30 PM
quote:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:<chokes on lunch>

So... by that reasoning the following would be lining up to have the Heinz rammed in them?

Porsche 356, Jaguar E-Type, Lotus Cortina, Jaguar XK150, MGB GT V8, VW Campervan...
This??
https://secure.finishlinestudios.com/v3/clients/xyzdemo_com/files/photo/images/1/eleanor.jpg

Bleedin' kids these days.. no soul, no idea about REAL cars or the time and efforts spent to keep some history alive..
I do feel sorry that all there really is to fill the void are video games and Pop Idol...
:p

But seriously.. nearly £20K for a standard basic mini van? That's no reflection on the state of the car or it's true value, that's just greed!!
(and it's a boggin' colour! :D)

Gismo
26th April 2006, 08:34 PM
Fi, uou just missed out on this one at PL Mini (http://www.plmini.com/pictures/large/van-brg.jpg)
I'm sure if you contcted them they would have others available :)

Craig
26th April 2006, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

20k. For a MINI van!?!?!?!?!?! Has the world gone mad! Its a mini van! a mini ... VAN!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I wish I could understand this thing people have with old classic minis. I've tried, but I just see piles of scrap waiting to be mashed and made into baked bean tins! :blackeye:. The van actually makes me feel a bit depressed. :(. If it was any good, they would still be making it.

SOrry to all you classic lovers out there!!!! I know there are many of you!!! :blackeye: (im gona go find a good place to hide now :D)

RUN AND HIDE...... RUN AND HIDE....... :mad::mad:

you DO NOT want to start this type of thread again as it will only end in tears... :eek:;):D

See when you have one of those thoughts in your head, it is sometimes better to leave it there...:approve:

Scottie
26th April 2006, 09:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Fi, uou just missed out on this one at PL Mini (http://www.plmini.com/pictures/large/van-brg.jpg)
I'm sure if you contcted them they would have others available :)

dam dam dam how did I miss that.:(:( I looked on their to.:(

Sleepy I can not believe you think that way about classic cars:(

Imagine right. There was this big nuclear bomb dropped right in the middle of Europe and you were still alive but you were down in Manchester at the time you had to escape home to Aberdeen where it was safe.

but you had a modern car and the car's electrics were all knock out, As you were standing at the side of your car scratching your h'mm head;) wondering what to do next you noticed all those classic cars drving past but not one car stopped cause they read this thread and you thought dam I wish I had a classic.:D

Big Col
26th April 2006, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

[quote]

https://secure.finishlinestudios.com/v3/clients/xyzdemo_com/files/photo/images/1/eleanor.jpg

Wish I could find one of them for 20k!

minimadtez
26th April 2006, 09:22 PM
LOL!!!!! NICE ONE scottiecoop!!!

Smitty
26th April 2006, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Yes please....the most gorgous AMERICAN car ever made! What a machine. There is on kicking about the montrose/brechin area. Its a royal blueish (like the new GT40's) with white stripes. Lucky enough to see it twice!:p:D

Burple
26th April 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:
Wish I could find one of them for 20k!

There's one roundabout Dundee too, It's not a GT500 or anything, but it's a really dark metallic green, with a beautiful lset of Mag wheels on it... spotless...

And the sound.... wuff!!!!

£20k... if only... :D:D:D