PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Brera - Test Drive

Scottie
18th April 2006, 06:36 AM
Well I took the 2.4 diesel 200bhp Alfa Brera for a test drive today.

H'mm nope not the one for me. Lovely car to look at but that's about it.

The Dogfather
18th April 2006, 06:51 AM
So what's wrong with it:question: Build, engine :question:

Scottie
18th April 2006, 07:03 AM
I don't know if there is anything wrong with it. It just does not have anything that makes me want to buy it difficult to explain. It is a smashing looking car though but defo just a two seater.

Suffers from tyres noise and you do get loud wind noise from drivers window area. They don't do anthracite roof lining.

The Dogfather
18th April 2006, 07:06 AM
So whats still on the list :question:

Scottie
19th April 2006, 05:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

So whats still on the list :question:

well the Z4 coupe or M coupe due out this summer.

but if the Z4 coupe only has 5 gears it won't be that I drove a Z4 recently and that screamed out for a sixth gear. The Z4 M roadster had 6 gears. The M coupe is a bit £££ TBH.

I've sat in the new civic but don't know about it.

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2006, 05:18 AM
Fiona,

What about the new Audi TT? It looks quite nice from the piccies we have seen on here.

Scottie
19th April 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Fiona,

What about the new Audi TT? It looks quite nice from the piccies we have seen on here.

when is that out.??

ianking
19th April 2006, 05:44 AM
My dad has had his old shape TT for a good couple of years now. Its the 225bhp quattro with leather and bose sounds. Never had a spot of bother from it. Not even the smallest rattle from the inside so if the new one is even better then what a car it will be. My Dads TT sticks to the road like glue. Although he does like driving my mini. We swap very occasionaly

AndyP & Lenore
19th April 2006, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Fiona,

when is that out.??

Think its out late this summer

Check out Top Gear web site

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/692/

Scottie
20th April 2006, 12:46 AM
looking today again at the MZ4 Roadster. I really want this car but it is so much ££££££:(:( Keep looking at other makes but just keep coming back to this motor.:I:clown:

The Dogfather
20th April 2006, 01:43 AM
Fee - Have you tried the 330cd:question:

euan
20th April 2006, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't get a 330cd - the new 3 series coupe comes out at the end of the year.

Fifth gear have a review of the MZ4 on Monday night, might be worth checking it out.

Scottie
20th April 2006, 04:41 PM
I've decided to get another Mini. Hopefully.!!!

Gismo
20th April 2006, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
I've decided to get another Mini. Hopefully.!!!
You'll never be happy until you get the MZ4 ;):)

broken_brian
20th April 2006, 10:53 PM
You should have test driven one of the petrol models as the engines sound fantastic when used properly thats what helps to give the proper alfa characteristic :D:cool: