PDA

View Full Version : Anstruther 16th

tree73
17th April 2006, 06:26 PM
Saw quite a few v nice minis on a wee jaunt to Anstruther yesterday hello if it was any of you out in NMS land. Anyone else had to queue for an obscenly long time at the Anstruther chippie before?

The Dogfather
17th April 2006, 06:39 PM
Is this Chippie worth the wait :question:

Craig
17th April 2006, 06:44 PM
YES!!!!!!!:D:D:D

has one Chippie of the year several times and is the best chippie I have EVER had (and I've had a few before any other smart @rse says it ;))

tree73
17th April 2006, 06:46 PM
If they'd heaped some more vinegar on my chips then yes it would be!

GAJ
17th April 2006, 06:57 PM
There's a better one in Pittenweem without the queues! The Anstruther chippy has steadily gone down hill over the years and hasn't won an award since, I think 2003. There's another chippy in Anstruther called Flemings which is better than the one on the seafront now too.
IMHO of course!

The Dogfather
17th April 2006, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

There's a better one in Pittenweem without the queues! The Anstruther chippy has steadily gone down hill over the years and hasn't won an award since, I think 2003. There's another chippy in Anstruther called Flemings which is better than the one on the seafront now too.
IMHO of course!

How does it compare with the Inverbervie Chippie at Stonehaven:question:

GAJ
17th April 2006, 07:26 PM
Dunno, never been!:question:

Crombers
17th April 2006, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
There's another chippy in Anstruther called Flemings which is better than the one on the seafront now too.
IMHO of course!

Was up in Anstruther last year & some locals told us the same thing.

We did however go to the one on the seafront , sat in with a bottle of Becks & the grub was ace :approve:

Burple
17th April 2006, 09:40 PM
quote:
How does it compare with the Inverbervie Chippie at Stonehaven:question:

Mmmmm... 'Bervie Chipper..... <droooools> :D:D

Anyone tried Beppo's in Arbroath? You're good there for a large portion!
<fnar fnar fnar> :cool::D:D:p

davesminis
18th April 2006, 07:00 AM
Hi,

I live in the East Neuk and the Anstruther Chippie was the best in Scotland up until 2003/04. However, it was then sold. The previous owner has now just opened another chippie in the old building, its called the Waterfront chippie - check it out! The queues will be massive in the summer when they all find out so get there soon!

The Dogfather
18th April 2006, 07:08 AM
Thanks Dave, will have to give it a try :D

Neil and Lorna
18th April 2006, 07:27 AM
Guess were we are heading for some grub in October for the Secret Bunker Run.

Fish and chips the order for the day (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7459)

Click the link and sign up.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Sheilz
18th April 2006, 10:23 PM
The Bervie chipper in - wait for it - Bervie - would give the opposition a good run for their money. Better than the Stonehaven one. Had fine chips from the chippie on Montrose High St at the weekend though the time before that they weren't afa great.

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2006, 11:03 PM
Gaj is right, Anstruther is good but Pittenweem is better :D but don't tell everyone or there will be bigger Qs there too :eek: :p

Scottie
19th April 2006, 09:21 PM
the fish&chips from the Crows Nest is good also and has loads f great food. Tend to go their instead of standing in any massive que.

I reckon the anster one is better than bervie.

but going way off topic the best ice cream in the whole of the world comes from the Allan Water Cafe Bridge of Allan.

Craig
19th April 2006, 09:45 PM
quote: but going way off topic the best ice cream in the whole of the world comes from the Allan Water Cafe Bridge of Allan.

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve::approve:

Agreed

Burple
20th April 2006, 12:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

quote: but going way off topic the best ice cream in the whole of the world comes from the Allan Water Cafe Bridge of Allan.

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve::approve:

Agreed

P1$h ;);):p:p
Have you never tried Vissochi's in Broughty Ferry (Dundee)?

Now THAT'S good Ice cream...
:p:p

Scottie
20th April 2006, 12:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by craigd

Agreed

P1$h ;);):p:p
Have you never tried Vissochi's in Broughty Ferry (Dundee)?

Now THAT'S good Ice cream...
:p:p

Now don't want to start a Ice Cream war here.;):p but

"as sure as I am that my @rse has a hole" the Bridge of Allan stuff is "simply the best";):cool:

davesminis
25th April 2006, 05:20 AM
L n L is right - Vissochi's is good ice cream but I have always had a soft spot for Nardini's in Largs. Oh that reminds me - Equi's in Hmailton is always good too!!
Never tride Bridge of Allan - but I will be making a point of it now!!

The Dogfather
25th April 2006, 05:25 AM
What about Cullen:question: