PDA

View Full Version : Optimax again...

Mon the fish
17th April 2006, 03:31 AM
I always use Optimax in my Works S, except on Friday night the Camelon garage had none, and I had 10 miles left in the tank...

So I put in the normal Shell stuff, run down the M6, get 29mpg at a steady 85mph (cruise on).

Put Optimax in at J23 (cheapest place for fuel on the M6), and got 33mpg after that at the same speed.

Not saying these are comparative figures, or the best example, but there is a difference certainly.

Discuss.....

redpoint rallying
17th April 2006, 03:42 AM
Hate to say this but I did a similar thing recently (cruise conrol, motorway etc) and got the same mileage from a tank as I do with the 'Go-Juice'

M

Scottie
17th April 2006, 03:45 AM
well not Optimax but on the BP Ultimate Diesel which is what I use in the 1'er things I've noticed.

1.st it only costs me about £4.30 more to fill the tank with Ulitmate Diesel.

2nd. It's gives me about a extra 5mpg.

3rd. when it's all = you are far better using either Optimax or Ultimate or Esso Super Unleaded.

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2006, 04:23 AM
Speaking of Optimax, has anyone noticed a sudden jump in price again? Up to 99.99999p a litre again.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Dogfather
17th April 2006, 07:49 AM
Yeah noticed the price spike, again.

The Mazda has seen a lot of use lately but I think that'll drop off in favour of the Omega over the coming weeks :( as the LPG for the Omega is still only 39.9p despite petrol climbing again.

duncan
17th April 2006, 09:20 AM
Was "only" 97.9 when I filled up with Optimax last night, at the Shell garage at the Forfar Road, Dundee.

Noticed a few shell stations were out of Optimax on Saturday as well.