PDA

View Full Version : Leather cleaning - waste of time or not?

lightbody
15th April 2006, 11:43 PM
Hello,

Am in the middle of my spring clean and am about to use Autoglym leather cleaner and then the care cream. As with other MINI's i've seen with the part-leather seats, the side bolsters on the driver's side are a bit saggy, but the others are all OK. (95% of the time its just me in it).

Will the care cream help the drivers seat stay neat looking or am i just wasting my time?

It does make the inside smell nice though :)

Sweeney
15th April 2006, 11:47 PM
i find it helps a lot, i wouldnt not treat your leather though as itll end up drying out and could flake...

i used autogylms stuff but im exactly the same as yourself, its a bit sagged and im mainly only one thats in it.

X30YES
16th April 2006, 03:54 AM
Ive just had one seat recoverd this week ...saggy leather,:eek: after only 500 miles as well :eek: :eek:,I was wondering if a wee rub with something might help ..in the long term ..yes the seats before someone nails me to a cross, (easter );) :p or is a diet the answer :D:D

Sweeney
16th April 2006, 03:59 AM
for me its a diet i think.

Sheilz
17th April 2006, 07:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Ive just had one seat recoverd this week ...saggy leather,:eek: after only 500 miles as well :eek: :eek:,I was wondering if a wee rub with something might help ..in the long term ..yes the seats before someone nails me to a cross, (easter );) :p or is a diet the answer :D:D

DIET ;):D:D:D Specy's got 54+K on clock and seats perfect:approve::approve::cool::cool:

X30YES
29th April 2006, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

DIET ;):D:D:D Specy's got 54+K on clock and seats perfect:approve::approve::cool::cool:
Diet :eek:...........:blackeye:.............(_!_):p

Smitty
29th April 2006, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Hello,

Am in the middle of my spring clean and am about to use Autoglym leather cleaner and then the care cream. As with other MINI's i've seen with the part-leather seats, the side bolsters on the driver's side are a bit saggy, but the others are all OK. (95% of the time its just me in it).

Will the care cream help the drivers seat stay neat looking or am i just wasting my time?

It does make the inside smell nice though :)

You might be better of using polish and cream that is designed by sofa making companys, rather than Autoglym.

I worked in a furniture store last summer, and some of the polish they sold did marvelous stuff (did wonders for touching up damaged sofas that came in.....but we'll speak no more of that:evil::approve:).

Unfortunatly, i can't remeber the name of any stuff:dead: