PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with my MINI garage!!

Brian_Cooper_S
15th April 2006, 10:02 PM
I dropped the car off on Monday 10th April to get a few things sorted;

1. When windows go down they come back up covered in grease. Well know problem so they replaced the door seals.(Windows still get covered)

2. Terrible rattle coming from my drivers door, not sorted.

3. The bolts that hold the wing mirrors on to the doors are rusted terribly, that fault is in hand apparently.

When I picked the car up today (5 days later due to being away at work) it was dirtier than when I dropped it off and windows were covered in so much grease!

I have an appointment with the Service Manager on Monday to discuss my unhappness.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sweeney
15th April 2006, 10:04 PM
oh dear, that is bad :(

was there any milage done while it was in their hands? (as in your mention of it being dirtier than when it went in)

Brian_Cooper_S
15th April 2006, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

oh dear, that is bad :(

was there any milage done while it was in their hands? (as in your mention of it being dirtier than when it went in)

There was a few miles but I put that down to the road test to check out the rattle from the drivers door. When I said dirtier it had been washed then prob taken for a road test. She was gleaming when dropped off!

The service manager does not fill me with confidence as I spoke to him on Monday ref getting the seat airbags deactivated for when I fit my JCW seats next weekend. He didn't really know what he was on about!!

The Dogfather
15th April 2006, 11:12 PM
Now if it was John Clarks then I could understand it :(

I sometimes get the impression MINIs don't get the same level of service as BMWs in certain garages :evil:

Sweeney
15th April 2006, 11:15 PM
yeah i agree, it's as if minis are being used to train the bmw technicians ;) if they break something on a 14grand car compared to 50 grand car it somehow seems a bit more acceptable? :P

lightbody
15th April 2006, 11:39 PM
MINI UK Customer Services.

Apart from anything else, you'll find the customer services manager gets a bit more responsive after you've spoken to them!

Brian_Cooper_S
16th April 2006, 12:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

MINI UK Customer Services.

Apart from anything else, you'll find the customer services manager gets a bit more responsive after you've spoken to them!

I will see how Monday goes, if no luck or I get bad vibes from the arrogant t**t they will be my next stop however, IMO it should never have to get to that stage!!

Mini Me
16th April 2006, 12:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Brian_Cooper_S
The service manager does not fill me with confidence as I spoke to him on Monday ref getting the seat airbags deactivated for when I fit my JCW seats next weekend. He didn't really know what he was on about!!

:question:Straight forward enough job....
possibly just cought him at a bad time, i'm sure they will sort it :);)

Brian_Cooper_S
16th April 2006, 12:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by Brian_Cooper_S

:question:Straight forward enough job....
possibly just cought him at a bad time, i'm sure they will sort it :);)

Hope your right minime!!

james f
16th April 2006, 02:48 AM
lol ive never had bad service at dundein but they did miss diagonse one fault which i sorted myself but asode frpm that have been good but where i live downsouth the mini dealer is a standalone mini place only so its a lot better imo than being in a bmw dealership

ianking
17th April 2006, 06:26 AM
Which garage do you deal with Brian

Brian_Cooper_S
17th April 2006, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Which garage do you deal with Brian

It is on the west coast. Don't think it's fair to name and shame!!:)

Mon the fish
18th April 2006, 05:13 AM
Hope its the Irvine branch and not the Giffnock branch, my uncle is the service manager at the latter... :eek: