PDA

View Full Version : Why o' why

markyc
13th April 2006, 05:36 AM
Is there anybody else like me who parks well out of the way in supermarket / shopping centre carparks for the fear of coming back to your pride and joy and finding you have a lovely 'carpark dent' on the side of your mowta courtesy of the car parked next to yours :mad::evil::question::disapprove:

Then why o' chuffin why is it that if you have parked in the furthest away space you can some bleedin prat decides to park RIGHT NEXT to your car when there are dozens of spaces around that they could have parked in :question::mad::mad::evil::evil::disapprove::black eye:

Is there a logical explanation I wonder :question::question::I;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 05:49 AM
Ah. So. It's not just us that happens to then.:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disappro ve::eek::eek::eek:

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 06:58 AM
Tell me this isnt true , has some prat dinged your car, Mark I dont care what anyone thinks this happened to our One and ever since I always double park taking up 2 spaces at the most furthest away space. If this upsets people so what sue me:cool:. Contact Broony he uses dent master should take about £80 to get it popped out.

Crombers
13th April 2006, 07:14 AM
On line shoppin mate :D saves the hassle ;)

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

On line shoppin mate :D saves the hassle ;)

Thats right Ann Summers do do home delivery:) right Crombers:clown:

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 07:30 AM
W're with crombers on this one. Not Ann Summers.:eek: But we haven't suffered the rath of kamikazee pensioners with runnaway trolleys in too-narrow isles in Tesco's for weeks now. The joys of home shopping.:D:D

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 07:34 AM
Also with the home shopping from Tesco you actually spend less by not buying all the crap you thinks a good deal on buy 3 for the price of 2 deals and at the end of the list you've made on-line you can scan over it and see if you really need certain things youve bought or were they just greed.:I

Big Col
13th April 2006, 03:08 PM
Tell me about it Mark! I parked MILES away from anybody in Braehead last year, I come back and not only had someone parked RIGHT next to me, I'd had stuff stuck to my windscreen!!! Aint that right Smurf? ;)

X30YES
13th April 2006, 04:03 PM
I do the same when I park ...even at the early hours in the moring going for the papers etc ,&am ish , no cars in the car park , and don't park at the near the door either - come out the shop and low and behold one either side :eek:....seems the wee chap is like a magnet to trashed Volvo's and old farmers landrovers with the wee Collie in the back :D...later on and is all the mothers in the 4x4 's who cant reverse, park, or see over the wheel to park between the lines :eek:..........(sits back and gets ready for 4x4 owners and mum's to hurl abuse );):D:D

Smurf
13th April 2006, 04:07 PM
LOL!! :D:D:D

Col, you're an easy target, mate! ;)

Seriously - Marky, I do the same. Park in the furthest away empty corner, come back to find some SHEEP has just HAD to park in the space RIGHT NEXT TO ME even though the car park is half empty..... Baffles me. :question::eek:

Wee Smurf was only 10 days old when she got her first supermarket car park mark. :(

A similar thing happens in ladies loos too.... 25 or more cubicles, whole place is empty apart from me, and the next person who comes in has to sit in the next door cubicle? WHY??

Gismo
13th April 2006, 04:14 PM
Hmm, i find this strange, i never do it and guess what, i've never had a ding :p
Time to park as close to the shop entrance as you can for convenience :approve:

Gismo
13th April 2006, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf
A similar thing happens in ladies loos too.... 25 or more cubicles, whole place is empty apart from me, and the next person who comes in has to sit in the next door cubicle? WHY??
I can honestly say that has never happened to me :evil::p:D:I

Big Col
13th April 2006, 04:49 PM
Aint that because you women always go in twos so when one of you goes on your own you huddle next to whoevers in there? Maybe they need the splashing noises as motivation to go or summat. :)

Wul
13th April 2006, 05:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Aint that because you women always go in twos so when one of you goes on your own you huddle next to whoevers in there? Maybe they need the splashing noises as motivation to go or summat. :)

just gobbed coffee all over the place!!:D:D:I

X30YES
13th April 2006, 05:02 PM
must be something to do with hoovering or is that hovering about together :p

minimadtez
13th April 2006, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

must be something to do with hoovering or is that hovering about together :p

ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!!!

well i must say, if i see afew empty spaces i go for them, but generally i just park in the space nearest to wherever im going.....ive never had a dent or anything so far......if its gonna happen its gonna happen, i dont think where you park will make a difference. if you park out of the way, someone will park next to you anyway.....

although i do know that Mr Sullivan doesnt like me parking in the 'sheltered' part of the asda car park in garthdee,aberdeen.....he says he has seen 'too many accidents'.......so me being stubborn, purposely parks there :D (*waits for grief from Sully*)

Big Col
13th April 2006, 05:42 PM
Awwww lookit you two Tez! You sound like an old married couple! :D

MartinSullivan
13th April 2006, 05:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez
(*waits for grief from Sully*)

GRRRRR, and it winds me up everytime LOL, actually Im now a much calmer person after gritting my teeth (and biting my tongue) the first few times, and now have come to the conclusion that as Tez says if its going to happen it will happen. My car has one ding which was sustained when I parked as far away as possible from where I was going, trudged in the pouring rain to get where I was going and trudged back only to find that my car had still been damaged :(

minimadtez
13th April 2006, 05:54 PM
Awwww lookit you two Tez! You sound like an old married couple! :D

haha, see Mart, Big Col says you are old too! :D

*hides*

MartinSullivan
13th April 2006, 05:59 PM
You better hide better than that Tez - I can still see ya

Big Col
13th April 2006, 06:03 PM
Jeez you two really ARE like an old married couple! LOL! :D

Shouldn't it be Tez that does the nagging though Mart? That's the wife's job aint it?!?! The bloke just mutters to himself then goes for a pint and moans to the boys about "Her indoors always parks undercover at ASDA just WAITING for a dent." and then all the boys go "Pffff...burds man! They just don't get it!". :D

minimadtez
13th April 2006, 06:07 PM
Jeez you two really ARE like an old married couple! LOL! :D

Shouldn't it be Tez that does the nagging though Mart? That's the wife's job aint it?!?! The bloke just mutters to himself then goes for a pint and moans to the boys about "Her indoors always parks undercover at ASDA just WAITING for a dent." and then all the boys go "Pffff...burds man! They just don't get it!". :D

ROFL.....meanwhile, 'her indoors' goes for a gossip with her mates and complains about 'HIM parking far away, walking to the shop in the rain, only to find his theory is rubbish as there is still a dent in the car, and by now my hair is ruined!' :D

MartinSullivan
13th April 2006, 06:21 PM
My hair never gets ruined in the rain Tez :p

minimadtez
13th April 2006, 06:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

No comment! :D

monkimagic
13th April 2006, 06:51 PM
I use the disabled parking, always a space and lots of room each side !;)

sleepyrascal
13th April 2006, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

What are you on about Martin!! The rain has worn your hair away over the years! If thats not damage i dont know what is!!!!!!! :D:D

MartinSullivan
13th April 2006, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
What are you on about Martin!! The rain has worn your hair away over the years! If thats not damage i dont know what is!!!!!!! :D:D

LOL Maybe thats what it is - I had long shiny hair when I arrived in Aberdeen, must be the acid rain up here and the fact I dont own a jacket with a hood :D

Big Col
13th April 2006, 09:47 PM
That, coupled with the fact you're about 90...;)

monkimagic
13th April 2006, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Best explain as its not big, nor is it clever to use disabled parking spaces without a permit :mad:

I use a disabled access van on a daily basis

Burple
13th April 2006, 10:58 PM

Best explain as its not big, nor is it clever to use disabled parking spaces without a permit :mad:

I use a disabled access van on a daily basis

Lol :D One of these days I'm going to get caught...
Got a bad habit, that when I see someone parking in a disabled space, I always have a sneaky wee look to see if they have a badge.. and if not, and they look pefectly able bodied, something like " Aww, that's courageous.. It must be a MENTAL disability" always seems to sneak out under my breath... sometimes a bit too loud :D:D:D

minimadtez
14th April 2006, 04:52 PM

ROFL.......you are VERY brave or VERY stupid :D

The Dogfather
14th April 2006, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

ROFL.......you are VERY brave or VERY stupid :D

Col's actually both;)

Big Col
14th April 2006, 04:54 PM
Stupidly brave actually...:)