PDA

View Full Version : steering column

soopercooper
13th April 2006, 03:17 AM
my mini has to have the steering column replaced after been told the knocking noise wi#hich i thought was coming from the drivers side suspension and ended up having the garage replace a perfectly good bush and inner wishbone.anyone else had this problem

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:34 AM
common fault i'm affraid, but the new one's got you sorted:p

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 03:34 AM
what do you mean new one? 06? or 05 plate?

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:37 AM
i meant new steering column,not new car !!!!lol

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 03:39 AM
oh :P because mine clicks/knocks now and then too although the dealers had it with them 3 times all be it not for the clicking but surely if they drive it and find a fault they will notice it and want to book it in? :S

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

oh :P because mine clicks/knocks now and then too although the dealers had it with them 3 times all be it not for the clicking but surely if they drive it and find a fault they will notice it and want to book it in? :S

you need to point it out to them , tell them its clicking, they will straight forward replace it.

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 03:48 AM
ok, if this is a common problem though shouldn't it be deemed reasonable to issue a recall?

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:55 AM

ok, if this is a common problem though shouldn't it be deemed reasonable to issue a recall?

now, this is where i shut up mate ;)
i have been in bother for this before:blackeye::eek::dead:, some car's were recalled if i remember, but not all.
If it is clicking , there will(shouldn't) be any probs getting it replaced.....
I can say no more :(

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 03:57 AM
ah, i understand :P

just hate the idea of having them working on my car even if its to fix something i just have no faith in the workshops!

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:59 AM

ah, i understand :P

just hate the idea of having them working on my car even if its to fix something i just have no faith in the workshops!

You had a bad experience mate ?
If you have any issues , phone me :).....
We would happily take care of it , if its knackered....Long Live Menzies :D:D:D:D

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 04:00 AM
how long does it take?

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 04:01 AM

how long does it take?

not a clue,couple of hours ....
how old is the car :question:

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 04:09 AM
april/may 05 build, just thinking because if i was to go to menzies i'd rather wait there and then as its a bit of a hike to get to stirling :P

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 04:15 AM

april/may 05 build, just thinking because if i was to go to menzies i'd rather wait there and then as its a bit of a hike to get to stirling :P

give me a phone 01786 449370 tomorrow mate , ask for Iain ;)

Sweeney
13th April 2006, 04:18 AM
not able to phone till after 6pm weekdays, unless your a dedicated worker and work weekends? :P

tell you what though, any chance you can find out how much you'd be to supply + fit JCW door sills (not the illuminated ones) and a jcw leather dash + downtubes with chilli red stitching, as if i were to come to menzies to get the steering done/looked at may as well get those done too :P

my local dealer gives me discounts with my stuff that i ask about/get but i really don't trust them to find and fix a fault...

lightbody
13th April 2006, 04:41 AM
when you were saying it was a common fault, surely you didn't mean on a car less than a year old!??! I remember steering column faults being common way back in 2001/02 but now surely...

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 04:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

when you were saying it was a common fault, surely you didn't mean on a car less than a year old!??! I remember steering column faults being common way back in 2001/02 but now surely...

ok,its not as common as it was, but it still happens...

will some mod deleat this thread so i still have a job:eek::blackeye:

ajamesj
13th April 2006, 05:02 AM
Mine did this when I first got it 7 weeks ago but has got better as the miles pile on mine is a Mar 04 built car

Bignorm
13th April 2006, 11:26 PM
i think what broon meant to say was it has happened in the past and we have sold them before but its not a common fault ANYWAY soopercooper the price you were looking for for all the bits you require is £871.11 inc vat fitted i would need your chassie to order the correct parts give me<norman> or broon a shout on 01786474477 oh and just to let you know all NMS customers get discount

Sweeney
14th April 2006, 02:23 AM
did you mean the price for the parts im looking for norman or soopercooper?

Bignorm
14th April 2006, 09:01 PM
sorry sweeney for you the jcw stuff

Sweeney
14th April 2006, 09:27 PM
ah right, cheers ill give you/"broon" a shout soon let you know then