PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past!

s12cot
12th April 2006, 04:57 PM
Hi all, some may remember me from a 3 years ago when I had my first batch of coopers, a red & white cooper then a black & white cooper (number plate S12COT) and was a regular at the Mini events held in Scotland, , I deflected to the dark side of an MG TF and have now got my hands on a Cooper ā€˜Sā€™ dark silver with black roof which I pick up on Friday 14th April. Looking to get back involved in some of the events and meet up with old and new faces.

Anyway shall speak to you all soon!
:D

GAJ
12th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Welcome back. Now you are registered twice!;)

s12cot
12th April 2006, 05:13 PM
ah that, sorry.... could not remeber my user name, password or e-mail address that i used in the past! dooh

GAJ
12th April 2006, 05:19 PM
Your user name used to just be your name.:)

X30YES
12th April 2006, 05:26 PM
Welcome back from the Dark side:cool:

The Dogfather
12th April 2006, 07:18 PM
Welcome back :D

s12cot
12th April 2006, 07:58 PM
just been to the garage to hand over the bucks for the Mini, get it lunch time friday.... can't wait, got our first trip on saturday from Edinburgh to Helensburgh, me and Sharon have agreed to split the driving fairly so she gets the first half then i get the second half when we hit the twisty bits over the hill's

Crombers
12th April 2006, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by s12cot

just been to the garage to hand over the bucks for the Mini, get it lunch time friday.... can't wait, got our first trip on saturday from Edinburgh to Helensburgh, me and Sharon have agreed to split the driving fairly so she gets the first half then i get the second half when we hit the twisty bits over the hill's

A lost son returns :approve:

What road do you take from Balloch over to Helensburgh ?
If it's the one at the roundabout just up from Duck Bay Marina (turn left) , can I suggest a few other roads just further up the Loch.
Check out the Glen Fruin , Glen Douglas & the new MOD road over the hills (check a map). All roads are superb , empty and full of twisties (especially both Glen roads) & I,m often up there of a weekend for a blast in ma MINI :approve:

Gismo
12th April 2006, 09:07 PM
Nice one Scott, best colour combo for an S too, welcome back

Duncan Stewart
12th April 2006, 10:09 PM
:D Welcome back :D

s12cot
13th April 2006, 12:30 AM
cheers bonnie scotland - am chuffed with the colour funny thing is is set out for a 3 series coupe!

Crombers - not sure what road it is - not been over there for a few years i just recall having a great time, i am heading to Rue where i have family so just along from the MOD site, i have taken this road (i think!) towards Loch Lomand, long open corners...

cheers Duncan

Scott

Crombers
13th April 2006, 01:15 AM

Crombers - not sure what road it is - not been over there for a few years i just recall having a great time, i am heading to Rue where i have family so just along from the MOD site, i have taken this road (i think!) towards Loch Lomand, long open corners...

Never heard of Rue , but Rhu is just up that way :p;):D

As I said , check a map as the roads I have mentioned are on Rhu's doorstep.

X30YES
13th April 2006, 02:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Never heard of Rue , but Rhu is just up that way :p;):D

As I said , check a map as the roads I have mentioned are on Rhu's doorstep.
Hey dafty ...rue as in kanga :D:D...or is it a St in France :p

Craig
13th April 2006, 02:40 AM
Welcome Back - people never stray too far, they always work out their mistakes (but an MG TF :eek::question::question:;);):approve:)

Hope to see you on a run soon.:D

s12cot
13th April 2006, 04:45 PM
ok ok so i got the spelling wrong..... not my fault west coast people spell things funny:D

gill
14th April 2006, 03:05 AM
Hello !!! :D:cool:

macblob
14th April 2006, 06:49 AM
If you see a platinum grey seat leon in Helensburgh this weekend Scott that will be me :).
my folks live there , going back for the weekend :)

s12cot
19th April 2006, 04:23 PM

If it's the one at the roundabout just up from Duck Bay Marina (turn left) , can I suggest a few other roads just further up the Loch.
Check out the Glen Fruin , Glen Douglas & the new MOD road over the hills (check a map). All roads are superb , empty and full of twisties (especially both Glen roads) & I,m often up there of a weekend for a blast in ma MINI :approve:

i took the a811, would ahve been a blast appart from the tractors, caravans and bank holiday traffic...:mad:

Crombers
19th April 2006, 05:54 PM

i took the a811, would ahve been a blast appart from the tractors, caravans and bank holiday traffic...:mad:

Ah the Stirling Straights Road (A811) would not be fun in bank holiday traffic. You would then have probably taken the A82 to Arden then cut across to Helensburgh using the B831 & B832. The roads I refer to above are further up the Loch from Arden.
Always a next time eh :cool:

markyc
20th April 2006, 07:05 AM
Welcome back Scott ;) I'm sure you will enjoy your Mini a wee bit more than the MG :approve::approve::p:D;)

bpirie1000
20th April 2006, 06:32 PM
WElcome Back Scot. How was teh MGF/???

Glad you have seen the Light.

So what you getting Any Colour Coding goin on this one??

I seam to remember you were alittle Speed Demon You stil up for that

s12cot
22nd April 2006, 01:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

WElcome Back Scot. How was teh MGF/???

Glad you have seen the Light.

So what you getting Any Colour Coding goin on this one??

I seam to remember you were alittle Speed Demon You stil up for that

dark silver and black roof 17 R90 (i think! cross spoke split rims)
yup still driving hard, bit restricted in edinburgh though, cooper s is quicker than i recall.

had a run to helensburgh but too much traffic, going up to visit me rents in guthrie (near forfar) know the roads there like the back of my hand so will have proper blast then:D

MG was good, would never keep up with a cooper or s though, but was easy to get the arse out esp when it was wet:clown:

hows things with you?

s12cot
22nd April 2006, 01:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Welcome back Scott ;) I'm sure you will enjoy your Mini a wee bit more than the MG :approve::approve::p:D;)

thanks, sure i will:)

s12cot
22nd April 2006, 01:06 AM

Ah the Stirling Straights Road (A811) would not be fun in bank holiday traffic. You would then have probably taken the A82 to Arden then cut across to Helensburgh using the B831 & B832. The roads I refer to above are further up the Loch from Arden.
Always a next time eh :cool:

sounds like you know the roads round there better than me:approve: