PDA

View Full Version : My New wheels and spotlights

ajamesj
12th April 2006, 03:30 AM
Any comments welcome Iam still uncertain about the style but it will grow on me hopefully.http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/IMGP0271.jpg

I was also thinking about painting my calipers red what u all think.

Sweeney
12th April 2006, 03:33 AM
the wheels aren't my taste but they are stunning nonetheless :)

i wouldn't paint em red, from the looks of it they look to be painted blue??? or are they just shining in the sun?

minidriver#1
12th April 2006, 03:34 AM
the wheels look good, as do the spots. Are the wheels polished or stainless steel?

sh@z
12th April 2006, 03:35 AM
You need it lowered imo to finish off the look, but nice wheels.

ajamesj
12th April 2006, 03:38 AM
Wheels are polished I painted the calipers blue when I put my last wheels on but they need another paint so red was going to be an option.

Smitty
12th April 2006, 03:53 AM
Spots look ace, as do the rims!

As for painting the calipars red, DON'T:p, they look really good in blue!:cool:

I agree with shaz though, reckon it needs lowering a slight bit, but nothing to crazy, don't wana have the problem of the wheels rubbing on the arches!:blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 04:11 AM
Love the spots, but the wheels aren't to my taste. Look nice and shiny though, all the same.

I wouldn't paint the callipers red. Electric Blue maybe???:D:D

N12 JLK
12th April 2006, 04:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Love the spots, but the wheels aren't to my taste. Look nice and shiny though, all the same.

Electric Blue maybe???:D:D

Enough Andy about your video collection were talking about the boys wheels;)

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 04:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Electric Blue maybe???:D:D

Enough Andy about your video collection were talking about the boys wheels;)

Have you seen the video also:question:;):D:eek::blackeye:

LOL:D

X30YES
12th April 2006, 04:21 AM
The colour of the car and spots are fantastic ...stunning looking car :approve:

Gismo
12th April 2006, 04:26 AM
Looks ok to me, but, defo not red calipers, stick with a fresh coating of blue :cool:

minidriver#1
12th April 2006, 05:31 AM
Also because the rims are polished lips, make sure you keep em clean and coated in wax otherwise they'll corrode.

euan
12th April 2006, 05:38 AM
Love the spots, and keep the calipers blue!

Can't help wondering what it would look like with painted arches and aero side skirts though...

Crombers
12th April 2006, 06:22 AM
Me no a fan of painted calipers , isn't that best left to the Corsa , Saxo guys & gals. Nice aftermarket alloys :approve:

Wul
12th April 2006, 09:07 PM
lovely job - don't listen to crombers - he's after a set of brake drums fitted to his Cooper - Never-locking-brakes!! :p

Big Col
12th April 2006, 09:11 PM
Like that mate. Don't do the calipers though. Would look silly red on a blue car.

Crombers
13th April 2006, 01:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
brake drums fitted to his Cooper - Never-locking-brakes!! :p

Ah those were the days , graze yer knuckes open tryin to adjust the things :clown:;)

monkimagic
13th April 2006, 01:33 AM
Dont listen to this lot of old foggies, get those calipers laird up and slap some paint, I would suggest yellow

Crombers
13th April 2006, 01:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Dont listen to this lot of old foggies, get those calipers laird up and slap some paint, I would suggest yellow

:eek::dead:

Mon the fish
13th April 2006, 02:29 AM
Aye, I'll second that. My leccy blue S has the JCW brakes on it, the red callipers look magic :cool:

ajamesj
13th April 2006, 04:55 AM
Any pics of ur car with the red calipers

claire
13th April 2006, 06:24 AM
i'm loving your car, looks fab. i've just put 2 more spots on my mini too, looks cool! :cool:

i think you should paint the calipers, blue is cool, yellow would be nice i think, but red would be smart too...if you fancy the idea of red just go for it (you can always change the colour later if you change your mind) plus it'll let me see what it looks like (was gonna paint mine red too, hehe;))

Mon the fish
14th April 2006, 01:08 AM
I don't have pics to hand, I'll see what I can do. Come on the Oxford trip and see them for yourself!

gill
14th April 2006, 02:51 AM
We like .... :D:cool::D:cool:

Mon the fish
15th April 2006, 04:27 AM
Here's a crap one I took earlier, shadows in the way but you get the idea...

http://i2.tinypic.com/vgh6ok.jpg

Sweeney
15th April 2006, 04:44 AM
with the jcw brakes do they have the rear calipers in red too or is it only new calipers on the front?

Sheilz
15th April 2006, 10:13 PM
The car looks lovely. Did I by any chance pass it in the Montrose area last weekend? Cant remember exactly where but I did flash and got a wave back.

ajamesj
16th April 2006, 05:00 AM
I think it may have been me u flashed at I waved back to a Mini just heading out of Arbroath on way to Montrose last Saturday night. Still thinking about these calipers will decide next week over a few pints while on holiday.

Mon the fish
17th April 2006, 02:21 AM
Just the front callipers in red unfortuneately, the rear callipers aren't changed, just the pads.

Prob did pass me in that area last weekend, went cross-country to Aberdeen. Good to get a wave back, few and far between these days :(

Sheilz
17th April 2006, 07:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by ajamesj

I think it may have been me u flashed at I waved back to a Mini just heading out of Arbroath on way to Montrose last Saturday night. Still thinking about these calipers will decide next week over a few pints while on holiday.

Oh - that's where I was! Couldn't remember :I:D:D:D