PDA

View Full Version : Mini Clan's Thistle Run

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2006, 10:48 PM
Not if this should be here or in general discussion. If it's in the wrong place could a mod move it.... I won't throw my toys out the pram, promise.;)

I see the Thistle Run is on again this year. Went to the Mini Clan's web site and downloaded the PDF application form. But it won't print. No matter what I do, it just crashes the PC. Any idea if it is something wrong with the PDF file. I tried at home and at work but no joy anywhere.

Any suggestions?

ianking
10th April 2006, 11:01 PM
Andy

I have printed you out a copy. I could pop it into you on my way home from work if you want. Do you know if it is open to BMW minis or just classics.

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2006, 11:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Andy

I have printed you out a copy. I could pop it into you on my way home from work if you want. Do you know if it is open to BMW minis or just classics.

Hi Ian,

That would be grand. I'll be in work all day today. Be good to see you anyway, catch up on old times.

The Thistle Run is always open to ALL Mini's. They even have a competition category for best New Mini in their Show 'n Shine compo at the end of the run.

Have you been on a Thistle Run before? They are great fun with often ofer 150 Mini's/MINI's there.

Cheers,

A.

ianking
10th April 2006, 11:09 PM
I remember I went on the run to Hadrians wall a couple of years ago which I think had mini clan members there.
I will pop into the cinema about half 4 then if thats ok. I will do you 2 copies incase your bro wants to go.
Now i have to decide wether I do the run old school or BMW.

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2006, 11:29 PM
Cheers Ian,

We have a photocopier so don't worry about the two copies.

Cheers,

A.

phantom
12th April 2006, 04:58 AM
Got my form filled in to post tomoro, this will be my 3rd Thistle run.:D

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 05:01 AM
Posted ours off yesterday. Thanks to Ian King for printing a couple of sets off.:D

Crombers
12th April 2006, 06:40 AM
CraigD , gonna put mine in the post as well :p;):D

(just kiddin mate)

ianking
12th April 2006, 06:41 PM
Got a real dilema. Do I take the BM mini which I drive every day but dont mind pushing on a bit and it is alot more comfortable than the old one, or do I bring the old mini out for an airing. I dont like to boot it though as she is an old lady. However I dont use her enough and if the weather is nice its good fun.
Any suggestions folks

lightbody
12th April 2006, 07:23 PM
ian - decide on the day based on the weather! There's usually quite a few people changing car at the last minute. Its also going to be a LONG day with lots of miles. The roads will be a LOT of fun in either car. Last year the ratio of classic to new was about 5:1. It was by far the biggest classic mini run in scotland for 2006 with about 130.

ianking
12th April 2006, 07:59 PM
Is it rather demanding for an old mini. She is a reliable old bird but not very quick and i dont like to abuse her. Hence she has only done 600 miles in the 3 years ive had her. Also i dont like to get her all dirty either.

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 06:22 AM
Would love to go again this year as we had our first ever mini run at last years to Dunoon, where the run from /too and how can i get a form to fill in like last year , oh when is it.

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 06:28 AM
It's on Sunday 28th May. Dalkieth to Eyemouth.

You can download a form from www.miniclan.com But the form wouldn't print for me. Don't know why????

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 06:38 AM
Done it before you posted Andy my dear man , paperworks all sorted and cheque writen out , cant wait, couldnt let fly last year as the car was 1 week old but watch oot this year i'll be showing off ma sound kit!!!

Crombers
13th April 2006, 06:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12
this year i'll be showing off ma sound kit!!!

You and Andy , jings what a stench :p;)

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 07:21 AM
Naa come on Andys got new K&N filters fitted to his pants this needs to stop!!

Craig
13th April 2006, 07:23 AM
sending the cheque off tommorrow - just need to decide what car to take :eek:;):approve:

Crombers
13th April 2006, 07:25 AM
Downloaded details , I,m on ma way :approve:

N12 JLK
13th April 2006, 07:25 AM
Take both ,You in Dougal and Jude in Knottie:cool:

Smurf
13th April 2006, 04:01 PM
Smurf and Orville are both entered too! :D

Lets hope we get the wee duck back in time...

By the way - it's Newtongrange to Eyemouth.....

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Smurf and Orville are both entered too! :D

Lets hope we get the wee duck back in time...

By the way - it's Newtongrange to Eyemouth.....

It was billed as Dalkieth to Eyemouth all last last year up to the time this years was announced as "bookable". At that point they changed the starting location to Newtongrange once they'd sorted out their childish bickering.:eek:

Smurf
13th April 2006, 06:09 PM
Erm..... "childish bickering"??

I think you'll find the start point was changed when the route was organised, and we started negotiations with the people who own the start point....

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 06:20 PM

Erm..... "childish bickering"??

I think you'll find the start point was changed when the route was organised, and we started negotiations with the people who own the start point....

Do you have a better description for it? Seriously?

Just defending myself Smurf. Your "By the way - it's Newtongrange to Eyemouth....." post made it seem like I was completely wrong in saying it was Dalkieth. Not wrong, just not completely right either. To be honest, I thought it was still being "Billed" as Dalkieth to Eyemouth" just with a Newtongrange starting location.

Really glad it's happening though:D. Application in the post:D.

Earlier on in the year we specifically booked our Florida trip after the 28th May on the strength of you and Craig saying that the "Clan" were saying it was "definetly still going ahead, despite the troubles."

A.:D

Smurf
13th April 2006, 08:33 PM
For the past few months I've been working on it, it's been starting at Newtongrange..... I didn't know it was "billed" anywhere, never mind as Dalkeith. Not knowing Edinburgh, I thought I'd make the clarification. It wasn't meant to sound like ANYONE was wrong, I'm only trying to be of help. :D

Oh - one other point of clarification, what Craig and I told you was our own words, not the Clan's..... :I I think EVERYONE is looking forward to this year's Thistle Run.

Book up guys! This is gonna be a good one! :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 09:11 PM

For the past few months I've been working on it, it's been starting at Newtongrange..... I didn't know it was "billed" anywhere, never mind as Dalkeith. Not knowing Edinburgh, I thought I'd make the clarification. It wasn't meant to sound like ANYONE was wrong, I'm only trying to be of help. :D

Oh - one other point of clarification, what Craig and I told you was our own words, not the Clan's..... :I I think EVERYONE is looking forward to this year's Thistle Run.

Vaila, it was definetley "billed" somewhere as Dalkieth to Eyemouth. But I have to admit I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that. I think it was on the MiniClan's web site before the redesign. http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Just accept that I'm right and your wrong.;););):D:D:D

<runs and hides>http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_bolt.gif:D:D:D

Smurf
13th April 2006, 09:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
Vaila, it was definetley "billed" somewhere as Dalkieth to Eyemouth. But I have to admit I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that. I think it was on the MiniClan's web site before the redesign. http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Oh, I believe you! :) I just don't remember seeing it... (Nothing new there, I have a memory like a sieve...)
Sometimes when you're involved in something, you forget that the general public maybe don't know as much as you do..... Apologies.
Wherever it's starting / finishing - it's going to be a lot of fun! :D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th April 2006, 01:22 AM
Wherever it's starting / finishing - it's going to be a lot of fun! :D:D:D

:approve:

Scottie
16th April 2006, 04:44 AM
is there a link anywhere to the pdf form for the thistle run. can someone post it up please.

AndyP & Lenore
16th April 2006, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

is there a link anywhere to the pdf form for the thistle run. can someone post it up please.

It's on the Mini Clan's web site. www.miniclan.com

GAJ
16th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Here (http://www.miniclan.com/attachments/TR2006_app_form.pdf) is a link to the form.

Crombers
17th April 2006, 05:28 PM

Right would you two sit down & shut it NOW!! :p;)
(Andy , FFS man she might be ickle but she'll batter ye man)

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2006, 05:57 PM
Talk aboot behind the times and all that.

Crombers... we've shook hands and agreed I was right to disagree already. But that was days ago.:D:D:D

Crombers
17th April 2006, 08:04 PM

Talk aboot behind the times and all that.

Crombers... we've shook hands and agreed I was right to disagree already. But that was days ago.:D:D:D

Yeah yeah but I've been 'missing' for two whole days (hic!) :p

The Dogfather
17th April 2006, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Missing in in-action, propping up the bar as usual then ;)

Crombers
17th April 2006, 11:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Missing in in-action, propping up the bar as usual then ;)

Oh yes :p

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2006, 09:47 PM
Signed up and canny wait :p Will be my classic's first run this year! :D

ianking
20th April 2006, 09:27 PM
Sent my cheque away. Will decide nearer the time if I will use the new mini or the old one.

Scottie
24th April 2006, 04:59 AM
Can I just turn up on the day and pay my entry fee. Obviously if they are no run packs left:(:(

To explain the problem I have at the moment is my senior Scottish Terrier Saunders. is not to well he has a Liver Disease. So far he has responded to his tablets and vitamin injections but we have not travelled down the road with him so not to sure how he will be on a 3 hour trip to my mum.

So don't want to sign up to anything I can't get to.

Craig
24th April 2006, 03:34 PM
to the best of my knowledge, the answer to that is YES..

your right though, only the first 140 get run packs, so if more than that are signed up, then you won't get one on the day.. (in-fact I think day runners normally don't get a pack...:question:)

Hope Saunders gets better soon... :D

Smurf
24th April 2006, 04:08 PM
You can turn up on the day, but won't get a goodie bag (unless we have any spare), no guarantees. But you still get to do all the other fun things! :)

Hope your wee pooch gets better soon. :(

N12 JLK
25th April 2006, 04:21 AM
Smurf can you ceck with the mini clan to see if they have received my form for the run , I posted it 2 weeks ago.

Many thanks.:cool:

Smurf
25th April 2006, 04:07 PM
Will do! :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2006, 06:20 PM

Smurf can you ceck with the mini clan to see if they have received my form for the run , I posted it 2 weeks ago.

Many thanks.:cool:

Lesley/Smurf, We haven't heard anything from the clan either. And our check hasn't been cashed. But I'm not too worried, as I'm sure it will take them a while to work their way through the initial glut of applications.

Also, when we signed up two years ago, I don't think we received anything in the post until a couple of weeks before the run, although I could be wrong.

Scottie
25th April 2006, 06:44 PM
Smurf,

I've took the plunge and paid for my entry.:D:D Done it through paypal option on the MiniClan site so hopefully it went through ok.

Fi.

Smurf
25th April 2006, 08:57 PM
I haven't heard anything either - but I wouldn't worry. I'll check, but I don't want to end up asking them every other day for someone else. I'll ask if there will be any confirmation just now, I think there was in the past, but you should definitely get something telling you your run number, once those are sorted out. That should be a couple of weeks before the run as AndyP said.

When I spoke to them on Sunday - they already had around 65 entries!

N12 JLK
26th April 2006, 02:18 AM
Rodger Dodger:cool:

Smurf
26th April 2006, 04:07 PM
Entries have been recieved from-
Jason Nicol - yes by post
Lenore Poole - yes by post, also Neil & Lorna Poole
Fiona Thorne - yes online.

So don't worry folks. You should hear something official soon.
:D

ELFMAN
26th April 2006, 06:41 PM
I posted off my entry yesterday. Due to various circumstances, along with many other things the Thistle Run had gone right out of my head - don't want to miss the biggest Mini/MINI run of the year!

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 10:27 PM

Entries have been recieved from-
Jason Nicol - yes by post
Lenore Poole - yes by post, also Neil & Lorna Poole
Fiona Thorne - yes online.

So don't worry folks. You should hear something official soon.

Thanks for checking on that Smurf.:D:D

ianking
27th April 2006, 12:18 AM
Smurf. Do you know if my entry has been received yet.
Ian

Smurf
27th April 2006, 02:27 AM
I'm not actually on the Clan committee, so finding out involves me emailing one of the committee. That's not really a problem, but I don't like to bother them when they're so busy organising things! :I:I:)

There are a few of us (me included) who are helping with certain things which need to be done for the Thistle Run, even though we're not committee members. Just because the work load would be way too much for them.

I'm sure all entries have been received, and I think you may be getting some sort of confirmation fairly soon, but don't quote me on that.... ;)

I can ask again if you REALLY want me to Ian, but if you're prepared to wait for a little while to see if you get any confirmation, then that would be grand!
I have no objections to checking a few - but I don't want this to turn into a flood of "have they got mine yet?"

I hope you understand. :I:)

Craig
27th April 2006, 03:54 AM
Ian, If you can wait til next Monday, I can ask on Sunday... (Top Secret, cannae tell ye or I'd have to shoot ye ;))

Scottie
27th April 2006, 04:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Ian, If you can wait til next Monday, I can ask on Sunday... (Top Secret, cannae tell ye or I'd have to shoot ye ;))

or just log on to the minclan site and you will see craig must be doing the recce.;):p

lightbody
28th April 2006, 12:34 AM
I've been having a bit of a rough time this year, work-wise, and wasn't sure if I was going to have to sell Dennis, let alone bring him on the run, but things are looking up at the moment so... I'm just booked on for the run!

I've attended each Thistle run since TR1 in 1999 but have never actually managed to do the run in its entirety due to helping out each year... I'm not helping this time so it'll be the first time i've actually done it!

See you all there!

lightbody
28th April 2006, 12:37 AM
Has my entry been received yet? :D :clown: :p :blackeye:

Craig
28th April 2006, 12:58 AM
LIGHTBODY!!!! - back of the class young man :eek::blackeye:;):D

Craig
3rd May 2006, 05:51 PM
got my confirmation email this morning with my run number... ;):D:approve::approve:

Scottie
3rd May 2006, 06:09 PM
Me to number 75

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 06:20 PM
me too. number 14

Smurf
3rd May 2006, 08:40 PM
:eek: I haven't yet!! :eek:

But then I handed my forms and money over at the last Clubnight....
They're probably at the bottom of the pile!

phantom
4th May 2006, 04:48 AM
Im number 26 :D

lightbody
4th May 2006, 05:56 AM
I'm number 1846!!! Wow!! Its gonna be MOBBED!

Crombers
4th May 2006, 07:19 AM
I,m no 20036 jings it's a biggy :p;):D:cool:

Smurf
4th May 2006, 04:49 PM
LOL!

:D:D:D:D:D

Numbers are through now - panic over folks.
Numbers 8 and 9!

:D:D

ianking
4th May 2006, 05:34 PM
I still have not recieved anything yet. Is there any way I can find out

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 06:15 PM

I still have not recieved anything yet. Is there any way I can find out

You're no allowed.:eek::eek::eek:;):D;)

ianking
4th May 2006, 07:41 PM
Well i gave the phone number a ring that is on their web site and I left a voice mail asking about my application. Sarah tells me that she posted it 1st class about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Smurf
4th May 2006, 08:04 PM
I've asked for you.

ianking
4th May 2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Smurf

lightbody
5th May 2006, 02:15 AM
Ian - did you email the Clan?

I'm sure it will be fine though. With 100s of entries, its an enormous job to acknowledge them as they come in - I know - i did it a few years ago - its OK if you've got nothing else to do!

Duncan Stewart
5th May 2006, 05:52 PM
Number 29 :approve: Canny wait :cool:

N12 JLK
10th May 2006, 03:48 AM
Were 25:cool:

X30YES
10th May 2006, 05:03 AM

Were 25:cool:
We are - we're 25 :eek::question:

ianking
10th May 2006, 05:24 PM
Finally got my entry through via e-mail. Number 41.
I put down the new mini but if the car is going good and weather is fine then I was going to bring the old mini. Will I have to inform the organiseres if I change the car.

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2006, 05:36 PM

Finally got my entry through via e-mail. Number 41.
I put down the new mini but if the car is going good and weather is fine then I was going to bring the old mini. Will I have to inform the organiseres if I change the car.

GLad you got your entry number.:D

I'm sure Craig or Smurf will be able to tell you about changing cars on your entry.

Craig
10th May 2006, 06:02 PM
yeah Ian, it's because your entry contains info relating to what category your car is in for the show'n'shine, also to ensure the details in the run mag is right...

Smurf
10th May 2006, 06:10 PM
Glad you got your entry number, Ian. (I never got a reply to the mail I sent asking for you.) :eek::D

You can change the car you bring, but let the Clan know.
Although last minute changes won't be in the run mag... you'd be surprised just how LONG it takes to print those!! :eek::D

Burple
10th May 2006, 07:26 PM
Woohoo!
Paid by their Paypal link on Monday...

Confirmation email waiting for me this morning.... Number 93!:cool:

That's pretty efficient! :D

ianking
11th May 2006, 10:01 PM
Ive changed my entry from the new mini to the classic instead. I took it out for a run last night and its going well so I have decided to use it for a bit. Especially with this good weather we are having at the moment.

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2006, 04:34 AM

Ive changed my entry from the new mini to the classic instead. I took it out for a run last night and its going well so I have decided to use it for a bit. Especially with this good weather we are having at the moment.

Now that you have said that it will start to rain.

Is Sarah taking her Converible on the run:question:

ianking
12th May 2006, 04:55 PM
She cant make this run im afraid. She is going on the run that Craig is organising and also on the secret bunker run and the borders run.

lightbody
13th May 2006, 01:48 AM
Its by far the biggest classic mini run in Scotland so I think you've made the right choice Ian!

Scottie
15th May 2006, 07:20 PM
Not long now.:cool: week this coming Sunday.:)

I'm kinda excited to be goin on the run:I:I

just checked and I've not been on a mini run since the Oxford Tour on the 11/11/05 so that's 6 month's since my last run:eek::eek:.

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2006, 07:33 PM

just checked and I've not been on a mini run since the Oxford Tour on the 11/11/05 so that's 6 month's since my last run:eek::eek:.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Thats shocking!

You were at the joint BMW / MINI meet in February.:D Not much of a run, but it got you out the house:D

Scottie
15th May 2006, 07:37 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Thats shocking!

You were at the joint BMW / MINI meet in February.:D Not much of a run, but it got you out the house:D

yeh I know but it wisnae really a run.:p:blackeye: if you know what I mean.;):(

N12 JLK
17th May 2006, 02:52 AM
Who's all going from NMS then, cant be arsed to look through all the posts and count up so leave leave your names on this post just keep replying to it;) also look at this link

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7789

1= Jason ,Lesley and Spew WonderBoy:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 02:54 AM
2. AndyP & Lenore

Scottie
17th May 2006, 03:09 AM
[quote]Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

2. AndyP & Lenore
3.ScottieCoop

Smurf
17th May 2006, 03:11 AM
2. AndyP & Lenore
3. Vaila in Smurf (and the other half in Orville)

N12 JLK
17th May 2006, 03:36 AM

2. AndyP & Lenore
4= Scottiecoop

Neil and Lorna
17th May 2006, 05:18 AM
1= Jason ,Lesley and Spew WonderBoy
2. AndyP & Lenore
4. Neil and Lorna (still awaiting run number ? )

Scottie
17th May 2006, 05:32 AM
hey you guys trying to tell me something you keep missing me of the list:eek::blackeye:;);):p

N12 JLK
17th May 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

1= Jason ,Lesley and Spew WonderBoy
2. AndyP & Lenore
5. Scottiecoop

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 06:33 AM

hey you guys trying to tell me something you keep missing me of the list:eek::blackeye:;);):p

We just keep forgetting your actually going on a run. :I:eek::blackeye::blackeye:

Mind you, your no as bad as Crombers just now...:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::eek :

<runs and hides twice over>

Craig
17th May 2006, 03:33 PM
1. Jason ,Lesley and Spew WonderBoy
2. AndyP & Lenore
5. Scottiecoop
6. Craig & Jude (not sure what car yet...;))

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 04:45 PM
6. Craig & Jude (not sure what car yet...;))

Thought that had been decided already? Thought Dougal was oot the equasion?

Craig
17th May 2006, 04:54 PM
nope - still to be decided...;) (despite what Jude says:eek:;):approve:)

ELFMAN
18th May 2006, 12:14 AM
Hey! I'm going too. Miniclan Emailed me to say so. Haven't had anything through the post yet though...
I'll just be going straight to the Mining Museum, as I'm picking up Bill at Blyth Bridge.

Should I have got anything in the mail Craig?

Craig
18th May 2006, 02:09 AM
I don't have anything yet Elfman - dinnae panic, it should be out very soon...;) I believe it is all being worked on at present..:approve:

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 02:25 AM
thinking of going to this; am i too late?, is it just meet up somewhere then drive stop somewhere and thats it?

Craig
18th May 2006, 02:31 AM
check-out www.miniclan.com for details..... more than just a run;)

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 02:35 AM
don't need a classic to participate do you?

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 02:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

don't need a classic to participate do you?

No, classic and new mini's all welcome.:D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 02:52 AM
hmm ill have a think about it :p if i bring someone along will they have to pay as well?

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 02:54 AM

hmm ill have a think about it :p if i bring someone along will they have to pay as well?

Nope. You pay for the car. Not the people.

It really is a great day. IRO 150 to 170 Mini's and MINI's. Highly reccomended.:D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 03:03 AM
what time does it usually end or is it just a case of people leaving as time goes by?

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 03:08 AM

what time does it usually end or is it just a case of people leaving as time goes by?

You can usually just leave any time you wish.

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 03:11 AM
no bother ill shut it now...

ill probably end up going though ;) if theres no f1 on! :p

edit: ok im coming, ill go pay for it just now :sleepy:

i won't need to wait on anything coming through the post though will i, just ive seen others on here asking about there packages or whatever it is?

Smurf
18th May 2006, 04:36 PM
Official end of the run is the prize giving after the Show n Shine - which is usually about 4.30/5ish - but you can go home whenever you want. Would be a shame to miss stuff though! :D

You'll get a run pack in the post before the day, with all the instructions you need, and your run number. No need to panic! :D

Glad you are coming along!

ELFMAN
18th May 2006, 08:47 PM
Sweeney - “if theres no f1 on!” WHAT???
Cummon! The last two 'Races' have been deadly dull. How the hell can they make something so fast so boring? “OOOh, Schumacher might make up a place in the pitstop.....” Hod me back. They should change it to “F-All”! BTCC and GT Championship is MUCH better.

Seriously, being out for the day with a HUGE bunch of Minis/MINIS is much more exciting. You'll see some cracking cars and folks' reaction as the convoy(s) go through towns etc is great. See you there - even if the Clan don't send me my stuff!!!

N12 JLK
20th May 2006, 11:44 PM
:cool:, got to keep the post on the first page.

Sweeney
20th May 2006, 11:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Sweeney - “if theres no f1 on!” WHAT???
Cummon! The last two 'Races' have been deadly dull. How the hell can they make something so fast so boring? “OOOh, Schumacher might make up a place in the pitstop.....” Hod me back. They should change it to “F-All”! BTCC and GT Championship is MUCH better.

Seriously, being out for the day with a HUGE bunch of Minis/MINIS is much more exciting. You'll see some cracking cars and folks' reaction as the convoy(s) go through towns etc is great. See you there - even if the Clan don't send me my stuff!!!

i shared the same opinion until i watched it this year :sleepy:

although i still agree with everything you say though haha :clown:

lightbody
21st May 2006, 11:01 PM
I'll be there too!

Not quite sure what I'll be driving though...

Heather
22nd May 2006, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody
Not quite sure what I'll be driving though...

Hmmmm explanation required Mr L..........:) Kitty, Marc and I should be in attendance.:D:D

ianking
22nd May 2006, 08:31 PM
Got the old mini all running nice for the thistle run. Took it out yesterday during the wee dry half hour. Finally got the exhaust to seal up at the manifold (for the moment anyway)

Neil and Lorna
22nd May 2006, 10:16 PM
Run number arrived this morning number 55.

1. Jason ,Lesley and Spew WonderBoy
2. AndyP & Lenore
4. Neil and Lorna (still awaiting run number ! now arrived yipee )
5. Scottiecoop
6. Craig & Jude (not sure what car yet...)

Neil :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd May 2006, 10:44 PM
Got our registration pack through this morning.:D

Roll on Sunday.:D

Sweeney
23rd May 2006, 02:23 AM
what happens if i don't get my pack?

Scottie
23rd May 2006, 02:56 AM
got mine. Nice pinky background colour:cool:

N12 JLK
23rd May 2006, 04:41 AM
Mine in also;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2006, 06:03 AM
Only 6 sleeps to go.;):D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2006, 06:42 AM

what happens if i don't get my pack?

You'll have to stay at home and read The Da Vinci Code.:D:D:D

ELFMAN
23rd May 2006, 07:44 AM
Got my Run Stuff this morning - I'm 79. Over to you for the traditional “Werther's” joke, Andy! Go on, you know you want to...

Re. The Da Vinci Code - it's ALL TRUE, as you'll discover when we stop for lunch and I feed the entire ensemble with a Pot Noodle and a bottle of Fanta. Sorry God, no offence. (Sound of lightning strike and screaming...again).

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2006, 07:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Got my Run Stuff this morning - I'm 79. Over to you for the traditional “Werther's” joke, Andy! Go on, you know you want to...

Re. The Da Vinci Code - it's ALL TRUE, as you'll discover when we stop for lunch and I feed the entire ensemble with a Pot Noodle and a bottle of Fanta. Sorry God, no offence. (Sound of lightning strike and screaming...again).

PMSL.:D:D I do want to Euan, but on this occasion, I will resist. :D

Craig
23rd May 2006, 04:12 PM
Sweeney, as long as you got an email confirmation of your registration, don't worry if your pre-run pack doesn't come through the post... You'll probably be following others to the venue and you'll need your run number for registration.

Roll on Sunday - now all pray for sunny weather...

ianking
23rd May 2006, 04:44 PM
Got my pack yesterday. Number 41 on a yuck lime green colour. Class 80-89. My car was made 89 although 1st reg in 90.

N12 JLK
24th May 2006, 12:54 AM
Hate to be a killjoy but the weathers to be absolute pants for the weekend:(

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2006, 01:13 AM

Hate to be a killjoy but the weathers to be absolute pants for the weekend:(

Yeah but what do weather forecasters know.;):p:D

Sweeney
24th May 2006, 02:23 AM

Sweeney, as long as you got an email confirmation of your registration, don't worry if your pre-run pack doesn't come through the post... You'll probably be following others to the venue and you'll need your run number for registration.

all i got was a confirmation from pay pal for payment :p

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2006, 02:51 AM

all i got was a confirmation from pay pal for payment :p

I have a spare copy if you need one..:D:D:D;)

A.

Sweeney
24th May 2006, 02:52 AM
tipex at the ready!

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2006, 02:54 AM

tipex at the ready!

Sorry mate. I meant a spare copy of the Da Vinci Code book. 'Cos it's looking awful like you won't be going on Sunday.;);)

I'm only teasing. Me and Jason share a similar twisted-humour trait.:D:D

A.

Sweeney
24th May 2006, 02:57 AM
not really that fussed, im still gonna turn up and *follow* even if they dont send my pack! :p ive paid so thats that ;)

Smurf
24th May 2006, 03:48 AM
There's an ENORMOUS amount of paperwork (as well as everything else) for the Clan to get through for a Thistle Run.

I don't have my run pack yet either! ;)

If you are in any doubt - email miniclan@miniclan.com to check you have an entry. Mention that you didn't get an email confirmation either (assuming you gave them your correct email address..... :p)

Something should drop through your letterbox in the next day or two.

Sweeney
24th May 2006, 04:05 AM
cheers, have emailed them... although please dont think im moaning or have a gripe that i haven't recieved anything yet :p

Scottie
24th May 2006, 06:36 AM
weather don't look to bad for Sunday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/sscotland/#no_url

Craig
24th May 2006, 04:11 PM
I'm not going to tempt fate, but it has never rained on a thistle run yet.... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2006, 05:05 PM

I'm not going to tempt fate, but it has never rained on a thistle run yet.... ;)

AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!! You just HAVE ya daft eeeejit!

Sheesh! Now when it rains on Sunday all 150 drivers are come and blame YOU. And it's not like you can hide, is it mate?:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::D;)

Smurf
24th May 2006, 08:13 PM

Well..... it did drizzle a bit in Oban... ;);):p:D

Crombers
24th May 2006, 08:52 PM

What a fud :clown: ;)

Wrap up folks :cool:

Craig
24th May 2006, 09:20 PM
get it right up yees.... ;)

nae rain for me....

Sweeney
25th May 2006, 02:36 AM
got my id card thingy, number 108 :)

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2006, 05:00 AM

got my id card thingy, number 108 :)

I'll put Da Vinci Code back on the shelf for just now then.

Can't help but notice you've just ignored all my stirrings on this anyway. Quite right, young man.:D:D

Duncan Stewart
26th May 2006, 07:39 AM
Not gonna make the run now :( Everyone have a good time (in the rain ;)) and we will see you on the next run :D

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2006, 07:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Not gonna make the run now :( Everyone have a good time (in the rain ;)) and we will see you on the next run :D

That's a shame Duncan.:(

See you next time.:)

A.

Crombers
27th May 2006, 12:02 AM
Right ma MINI is boggin (& before you say it Marky boy , whats new!!)& it's p!shin down here in Dumbarton. Tomorrow mornin I've got me 'mirror signal manouvre lesson' & in the afternoon i,ve got footy. In the evening the GF wants some TLC & were off to Arbroath early doors Sunday. WTF am I gonna do !!
Is there a prize in the MINI category for the owner that could obviously not give a fcuk how dirty their motor is at a "show'n'shine" event :p;):D

Scottie
27th May 2006, 12:20 AM

In the evening the GF wants some TLC & were off to Arbroath early doors Sunday. WTF am I gonna do !!
Is there a prize in the MINI category for the owner that could obviously not give a fcuk how dirty their motor is at a "show'n'shine" event :p;):D

"In the evening the GF wants" :eek::eek: you have a GF kept that quite;)

Your going to Arbroath Sunday??? so you no coming with us to eyemouth then.

Burple
27th May 2006, 12:40 AM
Lol.. Crombers you'll be waiting a long time for us to meet up with you at Arbroath!! :D:D
Sneak in a quick Jetwash between afternoon and evening ;)

You can be a shining example of how our cars aren't all show cars! :p:p:D:D:D:D

Burple
27th May 2006, 12:41 AM

See you ya pure rocket.. It's p!$hin' down here just now!

Get ootside and get dancin' so I can clean ma motor tomorrow! :p:p:D:D

Smurf
27th May 2006, 12:46 AM
The cars will be manky by the time you've gone from Edinburgh to Eyemouth anyway! I think the judges are persudaded to look beyond the muck.... :D

Neil and Lorna
27th May 2006, 12:48 AM

Yes there is but you wont like it.
You get dipped in the harbour head first to show you what boggin really is.;)

Neil:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 01:03 AM

The cars will be manky by the time you've gone from Edinburgh to Eyemouth anyway! I think the judges are persudaded to look beyond the muck.... :D

Actually, it's Newtongrange!!!:eek::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: :blackeye:;)

Sorry Vaila, couldn't resist.:p:D;)

A.

lightbody
27th May 2006, 01:36 AM
quote:I'm not going to tempt fate, but it has never rained on a thistle run yet....It was a bit drizzly for TR1 in St. Andrews in 2000 too!

BUT every Thistle Run has had SUN at some point... thats me being positive! Which I don't normally do!

Craig
27th May 2006, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

See you ya pure rocket.. It's p!$hin' down here just now!

Get ootside and get dancin' so I can clean ma motor tomorrow! :p:p:D:D

dance done :D (and a few strange looks from the neighbours... they think I've been on the bevvy early today ;))

keep calm everyone, the forecast for sat and sun is smashin' :approve::approve:

I'm taking the Markyc cleaning system with me.... :D:D

Sweeney
27th May 2006, 02:22 AM
quote:
I'm taking the Markyc cleaning system with me.... :D:D

how much would one of those be then craig? ;)

Craig
27th May 2006, 04:28 AM
more than you can afford young man... ;):D

I might not get the time tommorrow to wash the car !! - I could be in Crombers territory...:eek::eek::D

Scottie
27th May 2006, 04:47 AM
my car is very dirty now:( having just come down the A9 it rained all the way until Perth. Hopefully it will be dry enough tomorrow to give it a wee bucket wash:)

Sweeney
27th May 2006, 04:48 AM
thats the 5 day wash and polish gone to waste then is it? ;)

Scottie
27th May 2006, 04:50 AM

thats the 5 day wash and polish gone to waste then is it? ;)

Oh no it's got that much polish on that when the water hits the paint the dirt and bugs just fall of.:cool: and quick wee dry and nice shiny again. Well as shiny as silver can be.:cool:

Crombers
27th May 2006, 04:59 AM

Lol.. Crombers you'll be waiting a long time for us to meet up with you at Arbroath!! :D:D

Mistake noted :I , this auld yin is aff tae kip :clown::p;):D

Crombers
27th May 2006, 05:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

Yes there is but you wont like it.
You get dipped in the harbour head first to show you what boggin really is.;)

OK fair do's :D

Neil:D

Crombers
27th May 2006, 05:04 AM

In the evening the GF wants some TLC & were off to Arbroath early doors Sunday. WTF am I gonna do !!

"In the evening the GF wants" :eek::eek: you have a GF kept that quite;)

Your going to Arbroath Sunday??? so you no coming with us to eyemouth then.

Auld Crombers can still tick ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 05:45 AM

Mistake noted :I , this auld yin is aff tae kip :clown::p;):D

Never mind a kip, you should be out washing your car.;):D

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 06:37 AM
So, who's wearing their "Mothership Run" t-shirt on Sunday?

We will be.:D:D

Craig
27th May 2006, 04:13 PM
why not ;);) when else other than MINI runs do you get to wear a MINI t-shirt...

Smurf
27th May 2006, 08:57 PM

Actually, it's Newtongrange!!!:eek::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: :blackeye:;)

Sorry Vaila, couldn't resist.:p:D;)

A.

LOL! :D:D:D Almost Edinburgh..... It's the other side of the country from me - that's all that matters!
:cool::D:D

Smurf
27th May 2006, 08:59 PM

why not ;);) when else other than MINI runs do you get to wear a MINI t-shirt...

WORK! (Well... I do...) :D

Scottie
28th May 2006, 03:56 AM
well I'm ready to go.

Didnae bother with the T-Shirts.

Craig
28th May 2006, 04:27 AM
well it looks like I lost the fight to take Dougal.... he will be staying in his bed tommorrow... Just had to wash Knottie in the rain after putting up the road signs today.. he was filfy :disapprove::disapprove:

looks like the wee fella will be up for sale as it's no use not being able to use him... gutted :disapprove::disapprove:

Bonnie Scotland - if your still looking for a classic, give me a shout :D

Scottie
28th May 2006, 05:15 AM

well it looks like I lost the fight to take Dougal.... he will be staying in his bed tommorrow... Just had to wash Knottie in the rain after putting up the road signs today.. he was filfy :disapprove::disapprove:

looks like the wee fella will be up for sale as it's no use not being able to use him... gutted :disapprove::disapprove:

How much are you wanting for yer classic Craig.????? I might be interested if the price is right

N12 JLK
28th May 2006, 05:54 AM

Take a deep breath before doing this Craig!!!

Craig
28th May 2006, 03:30 PM
well morning has broken and the sun is splitting the skies.... (all you doubters out there..:eek:;):approve::approve:)

fingers crossed it stays this way. See you all soon :D:D

It's gonna be a corker.....:approve::approve::approve:

Remember if you weren't going, you can still turn up today and join in.... you may not get a run pack(if they run out..), but it's still a blast. :D:D

Craig
29th May 2006, 03:20 AM
what a FANTASTIC Day!! :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

Well done to all concerned - from the organisers to all of you who turned up... don't know the final tally, but it was over 130 mini/MINI's i believe..

Off now to find the after sun as my heard is burnt from all that sun..:D:D (who said it would rain..... pa!);):approve:

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 03:25 AM
Thats us home.

Great day. Great route, and well organised.:D

Really ncie to meet up with everyone again.:D

Well done to Ian King and Jason for their Show 'n Shine awards. All well deserved. http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_clap.gifhttp://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_clap.gif

Ian, I hope you get your bump sorted and your insurance company don't turn a drama into a crisis!http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_bawling.gif

Fiona and Allan, many thanks for our key ring. Your seat is reserved for any film at the cinema. Just give me a callhttp://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Scottie
29th May 2006, 03:50 AM
well it was a good day and the weather held up well. Although a bit windy at times. Really enjoyed the roads to eyemouth and it was great to have a pipeband lead us through the town (nice wee touch)

Got to say that Ice Cream was almost as good as Bridge of Allans

Well done to LnL for wining 1st prize (think I need to change the colour of my mini:p Nice to meet up with folks again and meeting Sweeny and IanKing but I'm really gutted about your motor though.

Got some pics will post later.

Been along day tired now.:(

N12 JLK
29th May 2006, 03:53 AM
GOT 2ND PRIZE TODAY FOR THE SHOW AND SHINE;):D:)
BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO ORGANISED THE EVENT TODAY IT WAS A CORKER. THE SUN WAS OUT ( I SHOULD KNOW AS MY HEAD IS THUMPING WITH SUNBURN:disapprove:) , GREAT DISPLAY OF CARS. HOPE YOUR CAR GETS FIXED IAN:(. SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON:):) OH WELL DONE TO LNL FOR WINNING FIRST PRIZE (DAM KNEW I SHOULD HAVE SLIPPED THEM A FIVER) NEVER MIND NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE MINE HA HAHA HA HAHA AHHH HA HA AAAAHHH HA HA (DOCTOR EVIL LAUGH)

PS = WILL CALL YOU SOON WHEN IM ABLE TO PICK UP THE AEROKIT BUMPERS FIONA//ALAN:p

Mark R
29th May 2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks to all who organised the event. Was a great route.

Hope you get your car sorted quickly Ian with no troubles.

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 05:07 AM
Jason,

Just give us a shout and let us know when you can fit our car in for the clay bar treatment.;);):p:D

L

Crombers
29th May 2006, 05:21 AM
Brill day :cool: (sheesh Craig was right after all ;))
Good to see everyone again & well done to the organisers (especially the route :approve:)
As for LNL & Jason joining the MarkyC school of 'buffing' I bet he'll be amazed that you two clowns have won prizes :p;)

N12 JLK
29th May 2006, 05:31 AM
quote:[As for LNL & Jason joining the MarkyC school of 'buffing' I bet he'll be amazed that you two clowns have won prizes :p;)

Yup we've been accepted into MrC's school ,funnily enough here's a picture of us two 'clowns' before we got our prizes-

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/clown.jpg

Crombers
29th May 2006, 07:14 AM

lightbody
29th May 2006, 09:36 AM
Absolutely AWESOME day!!! Well done all involved.

I've got photos of every car going through the ford (I was the one crouching in the undergrowth!)... let me know if you want pics of your car (describe it!) and i'll send you the pics. I took nearly 600 photos today... (yesterday now!).

Mark R
29th May 2006, 09:44 AM

I've got photos of every car going through the ford (I was the one crouching in the undergrowth!)... let me know if you want pics of your car (describe it!) and i'll send you the pics. I took nearly 600 photos today... (yesterday now!).

BRG/B MC? I'm sure it's the only one with that colour combination that was there on the day. NA02 if you need to narrow it down.

X30YES
29th May 2006, 03:50 PM

Rob,I would like a few if you have time for my collection please send here (minisrus@gmail.com)TY.

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 06:02 PM

Oh yes please Rob.

I managed to forget my camera so I knly have a couple of mobile phone photo's = crap!

We were in hyper blue MCS, white stripes, white roof, chrome scoop. L3 NRE

Can you email me any you have here (mailto:andrew.poole11@btopenworld.com)

Neil and Lorna
29th May 2006, 07:40 PM
Fantastic day congratulations to The Mini Clan.

Hers a few pics I took on the day.

Nice and shiny at the start.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/thistle%20run%2006/DSCF0001.jpg

Arriving at the ford.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/thistle%20run%2006/DSCF0008.jpg

Andyp and Lenore going through the ford.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/thistle%20run%2006/DSCF0009.jpg

Eyemouth.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/thistle%20run%2006/DSCF0014.jpg

Bring on 07 :D:D:D:D

lightbody
29th May 2006, 09:05 PM
The trouble is, I can't read any of the number plates, which are mostly underwater! For this reason I'm going to post a link to all the photos and you can rummage through them yourselves. There's some good pics in there somewhere. They're just uploading just now, but it takes a while on a 256k uplink! I'm putting them on Flickr and if you have a free login for it you can download the full size photo.

I think its Andy & Lenore's car which almost disappears under the water!! How fast did you go?? What happens if water gets sucked into the bonnet intake??

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 09:23 PM
I don't think it would be ours Rob. We were taking it well canny through the ford. Wasn't even keen on going through the ford. Only went through to stop Craig calling us chicken.:I:D;) If we'd been swept away to sea, me and 'im would've ad words letmetellya!:D

lightbody
29th May 2006, 09:53 PM
Oh heck this is taking too long!

I'm not nearly finished uploading them or sorting them out, but you can see them here. Check later for the rest. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightbody/sets/72157594148629302/

As I say, login to nab them full quality.

Craig
29th May 2006, 09:58 PM

I don't think it would be ours Rob. We were taking it well canny through the ford. Wasn't even keen on going through the ford. Only went through to stop Craig calling us chicken.:I:D;) If we'd been swept away to sea, me and 'im would've ad words letmetellya!:D

I think it was Flick, she lost her front number plate she was going that fast :eek::eek:;):D:approve::approve:

N12 JLK
29th May 2006, 10:03 PM
:D:DReally great pics :D:cool:
Good ones of the Pooles cars pic numbers 64,067
Scottiecoop nice one of your on pic no 042
and mine on pic025;)

ceejam
29th May 2006, 10:20 PM
quote:We were taking it well canny through the ford

And over cattle grids! Just about ran into the back of you!! Better to take them at speed to stop the wheels falling into every gap!
Trust me it's less painful, like pulling off a plaster!

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by ceejam

quote:We were taking it well canny through the ford

And over cattle grids! Just about ran into the back of you!! Better to take them at speed to stop the wheels falling into every gap!
Trust me it's less painful, like pulling off a plaster!

Sorry.:disapprove: Don't agree.:disapprove: Cattle grids should be taken at low speed. Anything else is just plain dangerous. More chance of the grid breaking, more chance of damage to the car etc., etc.

Aside from that, my brother was behind me almost the entire run, so I don't think it was us you nearly ran into the back of.

And aside from that again, if you had ran into the back of me because I slowed down for a cattle grid, we'd be avvin words.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2006, 10:35 PM

I think it was Flick, she lost her front number plate she was going that fast :eek::eek:;):D:approve::approve:

Same happened to us during the Holy Island recce in 2005:I:I:D

ceejam
29th May 2006, 11:11 PM
quote:Sorry. Don't agree. Cattle grids should be taken at low speed. Anything else is just plain dangerous. More chance of the grid breaking, more chance of damage to the car etc., etc

Fairy Snuff, but it does a lot more damage to tyres bouncing over each bar individually, than skimming the lot (I'm talking about 30 MPH, not 100!)

The run was much more enjoyable once we stopped and weren't getting held up by the yellow Mini behind you that couldn't change down for the hills ;)

lightbody
29th May 2006, 11:56 PM
I'm STILL uploading photos! ...

I once hit a cattlegrid and the car dived sideways - my Classic Mini at the time - scared the **** out of me - have taken them slower ever since.

Burple
30th May 2006, 12:18 AM
Cheers guys.. :I that was a surprise! :cool::D
(Well done to Jason too! TBH I was expecting you guys to be the ones in first, and mine as an 'oh well he turned up' prize [;)] so that was a nice surprise!)

Well done to the Clan again for another amazing Thistle Run! I managed to miss the ford somehow the last time that route was used!:eek::(
Well done to Craig too for playing Smashey and Nicey for the day (ya cheeky fecker! :p) :D:D

Brilliant run, great banter and fantastic weather.

Anyone else brave enough to try the Portaloo in the middle of the field? :dead::dead::dead: Eww!!!
Hope you get things sorted painlessly Iain, It always feels worse when that kind of theing happens on a run, it's much easier to go mental at someone you don't know!!

Ace photos Rob, couple of good ones on me in the ford! I've only got a few, but I'll try and post any good 'uns..

anybody else see the yellow GT40 on the way out? Was it a kit? It definitely looked the part!

ianking
30th May 2006, 12:22 AM
I had a great day and was so chuffed I one a prize for the old mini. Has her at the insurance odyshop this morning. Going to be over £1000 for repair so they may end up writting her off. I would want to buy it back though. Will just wait and see what happens. The guy that hit me is being good about it though so there shouldnt be any hold ups.

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2006, 12:25 AM

I had a great day and was so chuffed I one a prize for the old mini. Has her at the insurance odyshop this morning. Going to be over £1000 for repair so they may end up writting her off. I would want to buy it back though. Will just wait and see what happens. The guy that hit me is being good about it though so there shouldnt be any hold ups.

Thats a shame Ian.:(

Hope you get it all sorted out soon. On the up side, your car did win a prize yesterday in spite of the damage.:D

lightbody
30th May 2006, 01:11 AM
Did you have "guaranteed value" insurance? Most of my classic mini owning friends have this to prevent their car getting written off after relatively minor accidents...

The bit with the field wasn't actually meant to be on the route apparently... that was some people making it up as they went along...

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2006, 01:13 AM
Did people actually use that Portaloo in the middle of that field:question:

Burple
30th May 2006, 01:21 AM

Yes...

And I really wish I'd legged it to the trees instead. But I'd parked right beside it, and laziness took over.

It was... fragrant... I think is a polite way of putting it :dead:
And there was a fresh swallow's nest in the corner (no, that's not a euphamism for 'big steaming jobbie' - though it might well have been ;)) and plenty of bird poo.

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2006, 01:40 AM

Yes...

And I really wish I'd legged it to the trees instead. But I'd parked right beside it, and laziness took over.

It was... fragrant... I think is a polite way of putting it :dead:
And there was a fresh swallow's nest in the corner (no, that's not a euphamism for 'big steaming jobbie' - though it might well have been ;)) and plenty of bird poo.

:eek::eek:Yuck. Glad we didn't stop.

lightbody
30th May 2006, 02:42 AM
http://static.flickr.com/47/155519889_12940c8751.jpg?v=0But it looks so lovely!!

More photos now at http://www.flickr.com/groups/thistlerun2006/pool/ - which is a group photo pool - add your own!!!

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2006, 03:21 AM
Great photos Rob.:D:D

Well done for having the patience to take so many at the ford.:D

ceejam
30th May 2006, 04:25 AM
quote:The bit with the field wasn't actually meant to be on the route apparently... that was some people making it up as they went along...
That was just our club's meeting point to all group together for the run, but like sheep everyone else just followed us in, we were in stitches!
We hijacked the Thistle Run!
we were going to just wait and see how long it would be until others started moving again, but got bored and noticed lots of folk had got out their cars so we legged it ;)

Craig
30th May 2006, 06:03 AM
Hi jamie - are you thinking about buying a new MINI ? ? trading in the MG?;)

ELFMAN
30th May 2006, 06:48 AM
BIG THANKS to Craig and the 'Clanners' (glad they finally sorted out that wooly appearance and whistling nonsense) for such a great day out!

Ian - hope you get a positive result with the repairs. As Rob L. mentioned, 'Agreed Value' would be the way to go in future. The fact the wee car won an award shows it's well worth getting sorted. Any trouble with the 'assailant' and we'll all go and 'sort' him out. Keep us posted. Congrats to our other prizewinners too.

As I was on my own trying to catch up after the bridge, I managed to miss the 'Ford turn-off' due to excess speed and enthusiasm... but decided not to turn back to try it... However, I DID brave the Portaloo in the field. I've 'been' in MUCH worse - anyone ever been to the bogs at a big outdoor gig? David Blaine couldn't hold his breath that long......

Anyway, another fine day, even if I am having to pour gallons of 'after-sun' on my poor fried napper. Oh, by the way, I reckon we should have a Pipe Band and Lovely Girls for EVERY run, what do you reckon? Just a thought..... I'll get me coat.

Scottie
30th May 2006, 07:26 AM
couple of pics.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/thistle004.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/thistle008.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/thistle013.jpg

ianking
30th May 2006, 05:13 PM
unfortunately i just insured it as a rover mini with direct line as at the time i was unaware of the classic retained value type policy. Its coming off the other guys insurance but will just wait and see what happens.

Burple
30th May 2006, 05:50 PM
Here.. I was sitting in the house last night, admiring my wee trophy when something hit me. The yellow sheet that was under me wiper caught my attention...

I guess they weren't spell checked? ;););):p:p

Neil and Lorna
30th May 2006, 05:50 PM

quote:Sorry. Don't agree. Cattle grids should be taken at low speed. Anything else is just plain dangerous. More chance of the grid breaking, more chance of damage to the car etc., etc

Fairy Snuff, but it does a lot more damage to tyres bouncing over each bar individually, than skimming the lot (I'm talking about 30 MPH, not 100!)

The run was much more enjoyable once we stopped and weren't getting held up by the yellow Mini behind you that couldn't change down for the hills ;)

Well it was us in front of the yellow Mini for most of the way.:)

And yes I did slow down for the cattle grids and will do the next time as well.:approve::approve:

I'm not going to risk damaging 4 tyres and wheels for anybody.:eek:

If you almost ran into the back of us then you were obviously to close.:eek:

Neil and Lorna :D:D

ianking
30th May 2006, 07:50 PM
I noticed the winners notice had a word missing from it as well.

ianking
30th May 2006, 07:51 PM
I must say though it was one of the best mini runs I have ever been on, obviously forgeting about being smashed into though.

ceejam
30th May 2006, 08:13 PM
quote:Hi jamie - are you thinking about buying a new MINI ? ? trading in the MG?

Actually, I did look at a BMW Mini before buying the MG, but just wasn't enough space for my work gear, and cost more for less performance :p

I wasn't too close, and wasn't actually in danger of running into anyone but when someone slams on the brakes at 60 MPH to crawl over a cattle grid when you're not expecting it, you get a bit of a shock :eek:

Scottie
30th May 2006, 09:02 PM
quote:[i]

Actually, I did look at a BMW Mini before buying the MG and cost more for less performance :p

funny enough yesterday on my road home from the run this weekend on the A9. I wasted a MGF. It ran out of puff no match for my JCW s.

Not sure what type of MG you have though.????

Burple
30th May 2006, 10:12 PM

I noticed the winners notice had a word missing from it as well.

Ooh it was worse than that... ;)

Read it again if you still have it. read it slowly... ;):D:D

ianking
30th May 2006, 11:47 PM
I put it in the bin last night. What did it say........

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2006, 11:52 PM

I must say though it was one of the best mini runs I have ever been on.

:eek::eek:;):D:eek::eek:

What was wrong with the M-I-3 run:question:;)

Burple
30th May 2006, 11:53 PM

I put it in the bin last night. What did it say........

The first line was "Your are a Winner!" :D:D

and the second was something like "Please make sure you come prizegiving at the end of the day"

:D:D:D:D:D

It's like something from www.Engrish.com :D:D

Scottie
31st May 2006, 12:03 AM

I wisnae there.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gif

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2006, 12:25 AM

I wisnae there.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gif

HaHa.:D:blackeye::D;)

ianking
31st May 2006, 12:26 AM
SORRY I MEANT TO SAY THISTLE RUN WAS THE 2ND BEST RUN EVER

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2006, 12:44 AM

quote:Hi jamie - are you thinking about buying a new MINI ? ? trading in the MG?

Actually, I did look at a BMW Mini before buying the MG, but just wasn't enough space for my work gear, and cost more for less performance :p

I wasn't too close, and wasn't actually in danger of running into anyone but when someone slams on the brakes at 60 MPH to crawl over a cattle grid when you're not expecting it, you get a bit of a shock :eek:

It sounds to me like neither you nor the car in front of you (yellow Mini was it?) were looking far enough ahead. The signs are there to warn you of cattle grids. If you don't see them, there's little point in blaming someone else for your inatention to your driving.

I really don't want to start a flame war. Really I don't! But Neil and I have both tried to put our point forward as politley as we can, hoping you'd accept our comments. Yet you continue to insist you were not in the wrong.

Have you ever stopped at the side of the road on approach to a cattle grid, jumped out your car and inspected the first bar? You'll find many (not all) of them have an increased distance from the leading edge of the tarmac to the first metal bar. The resulting gap would be like driving over a severe pot hole at your quoted 30MPH. In my garage is: 2 wrecked 17" tyres, one wrecked R99 wheel and the results page of the full KDS alignment I had to have done when I hit a pot hole at 37MPH. I'm afraid that "Skimming the lot ... at 30MPH" is pure fantasy. But hey! It's your car, your tyres etc.... Just don't go bitching to me or my brother when we do see the signs and slow down for cattle grids.;)

<dis-mounts soap box> Haven't been up there for a wee while. I dont like it when my voice gets all high pitched like that.;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2006, 12:48 AM

SORRY I MEANT TO SAY THISTLE RUN WAS THE 2ND BEST RUN EVER

Thats more like it.;):D

Sweeney
31st May 2006, 03:51 AM
Good day out, even though i wasn't feeling 100% (could you tell ;)) was nice to meet the infamous "fi" and her car washer/general labourer (alan :p).

Nice to see all the people i've met before and allan (crombers).
I promise next time i'll make sure im fighting fit and stay to the end! 8)

also, regards cattle grids i believe the best way to deal with them is the same as dealing with speed bumps, slow to 10~15 mph and look out for any defects with them, i noticed large studs poking out in one set on that route, taken at speed i think they could do some damage.

lightbody
31st May 2006, 04:09 AM
So who is this with the biggest splash of the day then?

Sorry I'm not good at connecting names/cars/userIDs.

http://static.flickr.com/71/155475114_75d3775c93.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/57/155475540_d529e7fb9c.jpg?v=0

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2006, 04:11 AM
Thats Hyperflick.:D

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2006, 04:13 AM

Good day out, even though i wasn't feeling 100% (could you tell ;)) was nice to meet the infamous "fi" and her car washer/general labourer (alan :p).

also, regards cattle grids i believe the best way to deal with them is the same as dealing with speed bumps, slow to 10~15 mph and look out for any defects with them, i noticed large studs poking out in one set on that route, taken at speed i think they could do some damage.

Didn't realise you weren't feeling well, hope you are feeling better now.:D

ceejam
31st May 2006, 07:43 PM
quote:It sounds to me like neither you nor the car in front of you (yellow Mini was it?) were looking far enough ahead. The signs are there to warn you of cattle grids. If you don't see them, there's little point in blaming someone else for your inatention to your driving.

Whatever!
I know that road lie the back of my hand, and know that the majority of the cattle grids were redone a year or so ago, and where they all are, I don't need signs!
It just spoilt my enjoyment of the run having cars in front that kept slowing down unnecessarily!

I'll shut up now before I say something to really upset you.

Seeya later!

Scottie
31st May 2006, 07:56 PM

You weren't well :( didn't know:I

however if you did say I would have just told you to suck it up and get on with it.;):p like what us women do;):D

X30YES
31st May 2006, 08:23 PM
'however if you did say I would have just told you to suck it up and get on with it. like what us women do'

:eek:.children plz :D:approve:

Sweeney
1st June 2006, 03:38 AM
speaking of children, how you doing angus? ;)

why weren't you at the run? :p

markyc
1st June 2006, 05:26 AM
The pics of the day are fab :D:approve: Well pi$$ed I missed it. Well done to Euan and the puffmiester Jas on getting prizes for lovely shiney motaws :D:cool:;)

lightbody
3rd June 2006, 06:17 AM
And who's Mr. Hot n steamy here? Having fun before the ford Euan?!

http://static.flickr.com/59/155465918_b5c649ed64_m.jpghttp://static.flickr.com/78/155466105_b47cc545d2_m.jpg

Crombers
5th June 2006, 06:40 AM

He'd been out til 8pm the night before , the pesky youngster knows no bounds :p;)

Just kiddin Sweeney lad , see you next run ;)

X30YES
5th June 2006, 02:58 PM

I do work ya know ;)and not easy to get there from 170 miles NE of Abz is it :D

Crombers
5th June 2006, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

I do work ya know ;)and not easy to get there from 170 miles NE of Abz is it :D

Not even at the speed Angus drives at :eek::p;)

Sweeney
5th June 2006, 09:01 PM
angus works? theres a first... suppose its one of those need to see it to believe it events eh :p

Smitty
5th June 2006, 09:14 PM

http://static.flickr.com/59/155465918_b5c649ed64_m.jpghttp://static.flickr.com/78/155466105_b47cc545d2_m.jpg

Is Euan actually in his car or is he just hidden by the steering wheel in that pic??:p

hyperflick
7th June 2006, 10:27 PM
That was me guys!!!! :D:D:D:D

Pretty impressive Huh?!:):)

Rascal's number plate didn't think so:eek::eek: but it's all good and screwed back on:p:p:):):D:D

What a good run and thankyou clan X

Burple
7th June 2006, 11:45 PM

Of course I was!!! :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:
Got to say after thrashing err.. driving assertively all day the car feels fantstic now! I think it's finally getting broken in a bit (at around 3700 miles). It always felt a bit of a struggle to get speed up before, but now it's more like the old Cooper (till about 3500 revs anyway!!)

Love those pics! :cool::cool::cool:

Burple
7th June 2006, 11:46 PM
quote:

Is Euan actually in his car or is he just hidden by the steering wheel in that pic??:p

Here, you cannae talk shortar$e! :p:p:p:p:p:p

Smitty
8th June 2006, 08:50 PM

quote:

Here, you cannae talk shortar$e! :p:p:p:p:p:p

Oi......im just under 6ft......thats no classed as short.....that just average!!;):p:D