PDA

View Full Version : Who to talk to next?

Mark R
10th April 2006, 06:16 AM
Tomorrow I will be talking to the dealer principal for Victoria Tyneside about some missing floor mats the sales manager keeps telling me are in his hands just now, sent out, on back order, in that order. However tonight my passenger seat packed in and will no longer lock in position.

After having the car in twice already for repairs and now looking at a third who can I speak to, above the dealer, about the list of issues with this car that may be able to help me out? The warranty states that if anything can't be repaired then I can get a refund or another car. Of course they can repair these issues, but is there anything about how many times it can go in for repair or how many problems a cherished MINI can have within two months of purchase before they would consider doing something more about it?

lightbody
10th April 2006, 06:44 AM
MINI UK Customer Services. Call them direct.

I was trying to read your number plate today when I was behind you - I now realise it said Victoria Tyneside - in case you were wondering why that red mini behind was so close, it was me trying to read it!!

Gismo
10th April 2006, 06:14 PM
Can you try to get the repairs performed at another dealer,not the ideal solution but may help you get back on the road

Mark R
11th April 2006, 01:18 AM
The seat "fixed itself" this morning when I tried to adjust it. This is the second time it's happened since I bought it but I guess I can't say anything is wrong with it until it happens and doesn't stop not working.

I will be taking the car to another dealer for all work that needs done after my last incident and hope that things go better there when needed.

Rob, can't say I noticed any red MINI close behind me that day. At least not that I can remember. :D:D

Just spoke to the dealer principal about the mats. Said he would sort them out for me and I should hopefully get them very soon. Here's hoping that's true.

lightbody
11th April 2006, 01:25 AM
Mark - the passenger seat - does it have an oval-shaped handle with an arrow on the side next to the door or is it a wee sort of triangular one with PRESS written on it?

If its the oval one, then its the early design, which is the opposite of fool-proof, but isn't actually a fault... faulty design maybe. I got mine replaced with the new design for free...

Mark R
14th April 2006, 08:42 AM
Still not looked to see what it looks like, think it's oval. Seat got stuck forward today and when I put pressure against it to pull it back I didn't think about it flying back quickly into the side of my face. :I

Anyway I got those mats Wednesday morning so the dealer principal did sort things out. I'll just see how things work out with the seats and maybe get them checked out if things get worse and it gets stuck and I can't shift it.

Wul
14th April 2006, 03:14 PM
Mark - I've been in a very similar situation to you i'm afraid.

My advice is stick it out with your dealer principal, but catalogue all the visits for warranty work including dates, durations, reason for visit, condition of car after visit etc - include photos where possible.

Then write to MINI UK customer services - I have the address if you need it - using registered post and CC your dealer on the letter/enclosures so they know you are serious.

My first cooper was in and out for warranty work 13 times before eventually the dealer principal agreed a buy back scenario I was happy with. I'm afraid you really have no refund/lemon rights after about 4-6weeks from new!:( But the sale of goods act protects you for the first year and beyond so long as you stick to the dealer you bought from.

Hope this helps - email me if you want the address/phone no of MINI UK. :)

Mark R
20th April 2006, 02:56 AM
Not exactly a follow up on the floor mats but more a potential resolution to the long list of issues I've had with my Cherished MINI. The dealer I bought the car from has now said they will see about replacing my car like-for-like. It's going to be the 3rd of May before anything gets done though since the MINI brand manager who is dealing with the problem is going on holiday until then.

I'll believe it when it happens but things seem to have improved since I spoke to the dealer principal and sent an e-mail to customer services about the problems.

Wul
20th April 2006, 04:51 PM
Good show Mark - make sure you get that in writing from them though!

lightbody
20th April 2006, 10:02 PM
Mark - thats great news.

I'd just be wary of looking for a perfect fault-free Cherished MINI. It might be a long hunt...