PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Intel Duo Core - TV Card?

The Dogfather
8th April 2006, 04:55 AM
Right pretty much decided to splash out on a Mac Mini having found out that it has a optical out which will allow me to connect it up to my Cinema Amp.

The question is can anyone recommend a good USB TV card type thingy, as I want to use the Mac as a PVR?

3GGG
8th April 2006, 05:39 AM
Yep, the USB TVMini by Elgato - on special offer just now

See http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7196

3GGG
8th April 2006, 05:41 PM
Hurry if you want the Miglia TVmini at that price, it is only till the 11th. Highly recommended, the software (latest version 2.1) is superb. It also integrates very well with Roxio Toast 7 for burning DVDs.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 05:57 PM
I should have added that I have no connection with the above offer - other than being a happy customer.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 06:24 PM
I think the other hardware product mentioned by KJ may be the Elgagto eyeTV for DTT. It uses the same software (EyeTV 2 by Elgato) as the Miglia TVmini hardware.
There are lots of different hardware products from Elgato - some for DTT some for analog. Firewire/USB2 choices etc.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 10:10 PM
So have you ordered one yet VB? - Let us know what you get and how it works out.

The Dogfather
12th April 2006, 03:28 AM
I wont be getting the Mac Mini till May so I'll see what's out then but cheers for the advice :D