PDA

View Full Version : Mail Scam

GAJ
7th April 2006, 10:56 PM
This was forwarded to all staff in the Scottsh Executive earlier this afternoon so I'm pretty sure it's not a hoax. I thought I'd share it with you incase anyone got duped.

"The following information has been received and is a genuine ongoing scam:

If you receive a card through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) saying that they have a parcel awaiting delivery instructions and to contact them on 0906 661 1911, DO NOT call the number as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you receive a card from PDS do not contact them - call your local trading standards office.

SECURITY BRANCH"

If anyone knows that this is a hoax let me know and I'll chastise my security branch!;)

miniscot00
8th April 2006, 01:30 AM
No- it's for real, we had a warning through from the Chamber of Commerce aswell.

lightbody
8th April 2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks - good to know - although the 090 number is a bit of a clue!

Can't the Scottish Executive do something to actually stop this rather than just warning their staff!?

X30YES
8th April 2006, 11:38 AM
Good info , its so easy to get caught out with something like that, with all the online shopping that goes on and are out all day .