PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite gear?

Wul
5th November 2003, 11:24 PM
No rude answers now folks - i'm not interested in your sexual preferences:I Honest!:p:evil:

Whilst blasting thorough some twisties the other day, avoiding wet leaves and damp patches:I i noticed i spent most of the time in third gear - which imho is an excellently flexible gear - especially a quick 5th to 3rd drop down to overtake someone!:D

So wondered what the rest of you thought - obviously all you MCS owners may have a different opinion!;)

Willie M
5th November 2003, 11:27 PM
For the Cooper I'd have to agree Wul, third gear is the game :cool:
There's some great wee corners on the A822 up and down to Crieff, make a point of using third even when I don't have to :clown::cool:

minidriver#1
6th November 2003, 01:23 AM
i love third gear, its my favourite because its so universal. its great for over taking and i love it in the corners.

Gismo
6th November 2003, 01:26 AM
Defo a 3rd gear person here in the twisties :)

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
6th November 2003, 01:32 AM
Just to be different I love dropping to 2nd from 4th and accelerating up a hill out of the village, a real kick in the back.

seany
6th November 2003, 01:38 AM
3rd gear, dont know about the cooper s yet,6 gears.

Gismo
6th November 2003, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

3rd gear, dont know about the cooper s yet,6 gears.
Trust me, you'll notice you don't have to change down too often with the upgrade, even in 5th you'll overtake nicely :)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
6th November 2003, 01:56 AM
Third for me too :cool: With the Works kit you just feel like you're gonna take off :D

KenL
6th November 2003, 02:18 AM
I'd say second in my ONE. Great acceleration up to 70mph, great for overtaking Sunday drivers in a flash.

3GGG
6th November 2003, 03:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

I'd say second in my ONE. Great acceleration up to 70mph, great for overtaking Sunday drivers in a flash.

40 in reverse as well:clown:

macblob
6th November 2003, 04:17 AM
3rd and 2nd if ur really going for it early on hahahaha:D

john
6th November 2003, 05:09 AM
3rd gear is the one for harrasing those pesky Cooper's's when they get in the way:D:D

Julz
6th November 2003, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Trust me, you'll notice you don't have to change down too often with the upgrade, even in 5th you'll overtake nicely :)

Bonnie Scotland

A-ha, but Alan, now you'll have the joy of a super responsive 6th gear!
I would have to say that this week I have been mostly using 4th!!:D

Mini Martyn
6th November 2003, 07:14 AM
I am more of a 6th to 1st myself!! :blackeye:

Only kidding, 3rd is the way forward out a corner.

sh@z
6th November 2003, 09:27 AM
gotta be 3rd

Duncan Stewart
6th November 2003, 05:44 PM
Best to drive on the rev counter - lowest gear possible till it hits the red bit :eek: :D.
That's why the put in front of you in the mini instead of the speedo ;)
Second and third are best for the roads I drive to work - plenty of tight corners and 90 degree bends :cool:

Burple
6th November 2003, 08:05 PM
Jesse's Diets:
"This week I 'ave been mostly using 3rd Gear!" :D

(but 2nd is pretty damn good just over that 4000rev kick till you get to 3rd!!) ;)

Wul
6th November 2003, 08:20 PM
have to say given the current road conditions getting mucho big smile factor from second to third gear wheelspins as i exit my favourite roundabout at wester hailes :D

KenL
6th November 2003, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

have to say given the current road conditions getting mucho big smile factor from second to third gear wheelspins as i exit my favourite roundabout at wester hailes :D

You're right to drive fast through Wester Hailes Wul :blackeye::D

Fontal
6th November 2003, 09:19 PM
Definatly 3rd gear for me in the twistys

Wul
6th November 2003, 09:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
You're right to drive fast through Wester Hailes Wul :blackeye::D

you aint kiddin Ken:D:p:evil: