PDA

View Full Version : Taking apart a door

Mark R
7th April 2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone done this before? I've seen instructions online but was hoping to find someone that might be willing to lend a hand with it since I've never done it.

The reason for doing this is because something is rolling around in the bottom of the drivers door. I took it to a dealer and they charged me for fixing a "rattle" instead of fixing what I took it in for so I'm not taking it back another time. If I can just find out what's causing the noise then maybe I can get an idea of where it came from. I've not got any problems with the door or window so I don't think it's anything big, maybe just a screw or something that's came off.

I can't say for definite that it's inside the door, just pretty sure that it is.

bpirie1000
7th April 2006, 04:44 PM
there not bad at all to take apart. GEt stuck in on it and you can always come back if there is a problem. Not that hard to do though. Hardest part is In Hooking the top of the Cood Card from the Door.

Just remember and Get foreceful.Oh and remove all the screws first.

Good luck.

X30YES
7th April 2006, 04:55 PM
The door panelss are secured to the door frames with four torx screws and a series of clips.You will need 'torx' set pus a couple of flat screw drivers.remove the tweeker cover and door reflector to get access to the fixings ,also the door handle has fixings as well and one under the soft pad on the grab handle (it slides)use a flat-head screwdriver , pry off the sides and bottom of the panel, leaving it hanging from the top. Then pull the panel towards you so it bends at the top, and lift it out ...if you have a long magnet try fishing that down into the door its self ,it might just pick up the screw or nut and save you taking the door panl off !!!!
Best of luck

KenL
7th April 2006, 08:57 PM
There isn't a screw behind the elbow pad on the door pull in a 2002 MINI, this was new when they re-styled the MINI. The screws are visible is recesses except the one behind the door reflector.

The rattling thing might just drop out when you pull the panel out at the bottom.

Smitty
7th April 2006, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
if you have a long magnet try fishing that down into the door its self ,it might just pick up the screw or nut and save you taking the door panl off !!!!

Just remember, dont put the magnet anywhere near the door speaker, that could cause problems!:blackeye::D