PDA

View Full Version : Were side-skirts affected by the refit?

Suzi
7th April 2006, 05:32 AM
Looking to buy a pair of S side skirts for my mini as the ones on the ONE are not very exciting. I have a 54 mini and was wondering if any S side-skirts post or pre facelift will fit.

Thanks in advance!!

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:35 AM
Contact Iain at Menzies , he'll sort you out :approve:

ianking
7th April 2006, 05:49 AM
Hi Suzz

Any S side skirts from any age of S will fit your car. They are a doddle to fit when you know how. try e-bay for them as folk oten sell them when they have upgraded to an aero kit.

Ian

Suzi
7th April 2006, 05:49 AM
I'm hopefully gonna get them for much cheapness, like £15. Dunno how much they'd cost from BMW probably loads eh?

Suzi
7th April 2006, 05:51 AM
I was actually gonna text you and ask! Cool, are they easy to fit?

I should have just bought the bloody cooper S eh :evil:

ianking
7th April 2006, 05:58 AM
I fitted S skirts to my blue mini when i had it. from what i remember you need to order 4 little plastic clips that hold the inside rear of the skirt to the car as they break when you remove them. Also the chrome strip needs to come off and often bends beyond repair. You can get from mini garage now though new strips which just say mini instead of mini one on them.
If you get them just let me know and i will fit them. Do you want me to put on your chrome boot handle and ne wmirrors. I found you the white side repeaters as well if you want them.

Suzi
7th April 2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah, i read about the plastic clips, they're 15p each or something?! I also read you could remove the sill strips using a hairdryer but I cannae honestly see that happening so new sills it is. Theres a bloke on ebay selling them for £5 each side. That would be ideal if you could fit them, would buy you a few cold ones in the crown :p. The S skirts are the way forward. I've pm'd the guy to ask what nick their in. I fitted the wing mirrors tonight and by dad was dying to get his hands on the bloody thing so I let him fit the boot handle, it's mint!

I'll keep you updated about the skirts. Spoiler should arrive tomorrow and I'll drop it into lawrence tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

Side repeaters would be ideal too, cheers.