PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Scotland

missMuffin
6th April 2006, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone from Scotland

i'll be visiting the UK from 27April - 13May, travelling from England up to Scotland. Someone suggested to me to put a thread up in this forum to see if anyone would be keen to show me around their beautiful country in a mini.

Day 1 (27Apr) - London Central
Day 2 (28Apr) - Windsor Castle, London Central, Greenwich(maybe)
Day 3 (29Apr) - London Central
Day 4 (30Apr) - Greenwich, Canterbury Cathedral
Day 5 (1May) - Oxford city and Blenhiem Castle( mini factory tour is not conducted )
Day 6 (2May) - Stonehenge, Bath City, Bristol city
Day 7 (3May) - Cardiff Bay, Caerphilly Castle, Ludlow Castle
Day 8 (4May) - Warwick Castle, Birmingham city, Manchester Central
Day 9 (5May) - Liverpool, Conwy Castle (maybe)
Day 10(6May) - Windermere-Ambleside
Day 11(7May) - Ambleside, Lake District
Day 12 (8May) - Carlisle-Hadrian's Wall-Glasgow
Day 13 (9May) - Glasgow-Stiring
Day 14 (10May) - Edinburgh
Day 15 (11May) - Edinburgh-Durham-York
Day 16 (12May) - York-Peterbourgh-London
Day 17 (13May) - Depart from London heathrow 17:10hrs

I know it looks like its very tight schedule, but unfortunately, i have so little time and so much that i want to see.

Any regular mini drives going on in the above cities?

Also, anyone can suggest to me where and when i can see a highland dance?

X30YES
6th April 2006, 03:50 PM
Hey welcome to NMS, and to Scotland

MartinSullivan
6th April 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi Missmuffin - glad you followed my advice and posted on here too :)

Im sure that some of the owners in the areas you are visiting will arrange some meets for you

X30YES
6th April 2006, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Hi Missmuffin - glad you followed my advice and posted on here too :)

Im sure that some of the owners in the areas you are visiting will arrange some meets for you

:eek:..TRUST YOU :p;)

missMuffin
6th April 2006, 06:48 PM
thank you Martin. i really do hope to get a drive up the highlands or watch the highlands dance. its a great pity that i'm missing out on the Miltary Tattoo.

X30YES
6th April 2006, 07:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by missMuffin

thank you Martin. i really do hope to get a drive up the highlands or watch the highlands dance. its a great pity that i'm missing out on the Miltary Tattoo.
There are a few Highland Dancers in here M M :D:D:D:D

Big Gordy
6th April 2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome aboard NMS missMuffin:D
My son's girlfriend is a highland dancer so I'll ask her if there is anything on around the time you're visiting :p:D:approve:

lightbody
6th April 2006, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for an impromptu NMS Evening Run to Stirling Castle to me on the 9th!!!

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 12:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

There are a few Highland Dancers in here M M :D:D:D:D

really..........wHO? :D

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 12:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Welcome aboard NMS missMuffin:D
My son's girlfriend is a highland dancer so I'll ask her if there is anything on around the time you're visiting :p:D:approve:

thank you soooooooooo much :)

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 12:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Sounds like a good excuse for an impromptu NMS Evening Run to Stirling Castle to me on the 9th!!!

Now this has got me realllllllllly excited.!!!! :D:cool:

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 12:31 AM
there's so much things i love about Scotland, even though i had never been there before, the Flag, the highland, the tradational dress, especially the men wearing kilts!!!!! its soooooooo sexy heheheh.....
any suggestion where i can get really cheap ladies kilts?? like from street markets?

i'm trying to arrange to spend 3 days in Scotland! :)))

The Dogfather
7th April 2006, 02:57 AM

there's so much things i love about Scotland, especially the men wearing kilts!!!!! its soooooooo sexy heheheh.....

Obviously hasn't seen Alan in his then ;):blackeye::eek::D

Big Gordy
7th April 2006, 03:08 AM
Especially when he wears his matching hairpiece:eek:;) :p:D:approve:

The Dogfather
7th April 2006, 03:11 AM
MissMuffin - Good to see your going to spend a couple of days in the Lakes, where are you planning to visit whilst you there:question:

X30YES
7th April 2006, 04:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

MissMuffin - Good to see your going to spend a couple of days in the Lakes, where are you planning to visit whilst you there:question:
Oh dear man :clown::eek:, do you never read the posts:D:D:D,if not here is a copy;);)

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Oh dear man :clown::eek:, do you never read the posts:D:D:D,if not here is a copy;);)

:clown: ;)

The Dogfather
7th April 2006, 06:25 AM
Sorry old timers :evil: Just for Crombers and Angus I'll be most specific ;)

Considering you can tour most of the the lake district in a day are there any places around Windermere, Ambleside and within the Lakes you'll be looking to visit. The Langdale Valley is pretty special, as is the gingerbread shop in Grasmere.

Crombers
7th April 2006, 07:03 AM

Considering you can tour most of the the lake district in a day are there any places around Windermere, Ambleside and within the Lakes you'll be looking to visit. The Langdale Valley is pretty special, as is the gingerbread shop in Grasmere.

Crombers
7th April 2006, 07:05 AM

(Father Ted)

"DRINK"

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 11:51 AM

well, travel in the Lakes district is not fairly easy, the buses run at wider intervals on sunday too, i'm having a hard time trying to find public transport from Windermere to Carlise on Sunday 7th May.
i check the nationalrail.co.uk and it says BUS from oxhenlam to carlisle but didn't indicate what bus company is that.
so if its so hard just to get from Windermere to Carlisle, i may just skip the morning tour which i intended to take on 7th May morning and spend the whole morning just travelling from windermere to carlisle.

so, rightfully speaking, i only have an afternoon in the Lakes district, i will be staying in ambleside, will take a Lake Windermere cruise from ambleside to Lakeside and return(because there's no bus running from lakeside to ambleside or even windermere!!!) and take a open top bus for a round trip journey.
Sadly, i will miss out on the mountains and ullswater and other beautiful lakes. All because i don't rent a car and the buses are running on odd timing.
:(

missMuffin
7th April 2006, 11:54 AM

there's so much things i love about Scotland, especially the men wearing kilts!!!!! its soooooooo sexy heheheh.....

haha...i just had this very interesting thought, have a mini run in scottish traditional wear, it will be such a great photo shot.

Gismo
7th April 2006, 05:39 PM
What you talking about :p

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/KiltMan.jpg

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:58 PM
Excellent pic sir :approve:

X30YES
7th April 2006, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

<Has one like that ...but cant post it :p:p

missMuffin
8th April 2006, 01:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/KiltMan.jpg

this is such a COOL picture!!! :cool:i love that hat...........is that a hat?? :sleepy:

missMuffin
8th April 2006, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Well, since no one is furthering the suggestion, may i propose to organize a run, options are:

Opt1:
9th May Tuesday evening from Glasgow - Stirling Castle- Glasgow
(i will be staying in Edinburgh, need to get back in time to Glasgow to catch a train back to Edinburgh, or get a lift :p)

Opt2:
10th May Wednesday evening from Edinburgh- Linlithgow Palace- Edinburgh
I think it will be really cool to have a run along the coastal lines.

i'm sure most people would have to work on the day itself and the next day, i wouldn't mind if its just a short drive.The idea is to (good to )catch up with people from another part of the world :D

any other suggestions for routes are welcome. :)

Gismo
8th April 2006, 06:23 PM
i love that hat...........is that a hat?? :sleepy:
What! :p of course not :evil: oh, April 1st is past :I ah go on then, yes it is a hat, commonly known as a jimmy hat :):cool:
Available from any souvenir shoppie ;)

Gismo
8th April 2006, 06:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers
Excellent pic sir :approve:
Taken during the Milton Keynes run in June 2003 :approve: did the whole run in 80 degree heat and then the BBQ after :p

missMuffin
22nd April 2006, 11:41 PM

Hi everyone from Scotland

i'll be visiting the UK from 27April - 13May, travelling from England up to Scotland. Someone suggested to me to put a thread up in this forum to see if anyone would be keen to show me around their beautiful country in a mini.

27-Apr London
28-Apr London
29-Apr London
30-Apr Canturbury
1-May Oxford, Blenheim Palace
2-May Stonehenge, Bath, Mini Factory
3-May Cardiff, Caerphilly
4-May warwick castle, manchester
5-May liverpool
6-May Lake district-windermere, grasmere, keswick
7-May Hadrian's Wall
8-May Edinburgh
9-May stirling, edinburgh
10-May fort william, glenfinnan
11-May Glasgow, durham
12-May york, ripon
13-May peterborough, airport

I know it looks like its very tight schedule, but unfortunately, i have so little time and so much that i want to see.

Any regular mini drives going on in the above cities?

Also, anyone can suggest to me where and when i can see a highland dance?

missMuffin
26th April 2006, 09:32 PM
thanks everyone for the response.

X30YES
30th April 2006, 04:34 PM
We have a run on the 7th May :(

AeroJonny
2nd May 2006, 08:00 AM
Right, I'd be up for going from glasgow up to stirling castle and back on the 9th, some welcome relief from my exam revision. It'd be my first run. Anyone else up for it?

Craig
2nd May 2006, 04:20 PM
I could possibly meet you "enroute" and come to the castle with you... let me know when and where ? ? (I take it we are talking evening ?) :D

AeroJonny
2nd May 2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I'll need to study like a mofo all day to free up the time but it should be ok. There are more minis in glasgow and the surrounding area...any takers?

Mon the fish
3rd May 2006, 04:44 AM
I could join you at Stirling, could get an excellent pic on the castle courtyard... :p

AeroJonny
4th May 2006, 04:58 AM
Right, I've been assessing the revision situation...not good! I'm not gonna be able to make this, sorry missMuffin. :(

X30YES
16th May 2006, 04:08 AM
I hope you had a good trip and enjoyed the weather MM