PDA

View Full Version : att: Apple Monkeys

sh@z
6th April 2006, 09:20 AM
http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/8865/Windows_Official_Release_On_Mac_Announced

So .... umm .... an Apple Mac is now as good as a PC?

3GGG
7th April 2006, 05:50 PM
I think we already know the answer to that. What's your problem?

sh@z
7th April 2006, 07:18 PM
Problem? nothing really, was more of a sarcastic post so don't take offense... but if you are looking for an argument then so be it.

Good to see how this post went unnoticed :p

minidriver#1
7th April 2006, 07:41 PM
I think it's awsome how the hyper sensitive defensive mac users find this news so offensive. This is the best news for Mac Users since Jobs came back to the company or the switch to the Intel processor.

Jobs was wicked pissed when Adobe announced they wouldnt release an update to their creative suite software till 2007 which would work on the new intel based Macs. Apple have reduced the damage this might do by releasing this software so that windows versions of Creative Suite and other applications can work on the new intel macs (but that isn't the sole reason). its a great move. However i'm proud of the fact i'm still the only person in my design unit using a non-apple PC (after all a Mac is a personal computer too right? ;) 8) ).

In saying that thought i have been interested in purchasing a mac for a while and this news is good news for non-apple PC users thinking of making the switch.

GAJ
7th April 2006, 09:34 PM
Think you've got this completely wrong. I don't know anyone who finds this news offensive, Everyone I know think's it's great news.

An unofficial prize had been offered to the first person who worked out how to install XP on a Mac because lots of people who use a Mac and a PC would much rather have one machine rather than two. This was achieved a couple of weeks before Apple released Boot Camp. I suspect that this is the reason for the official release rather than Adobe's delay in updating Adobe CS. I don't think many design studio's will rush out, buy new Intel Mac's, install XP then run Windows Adobe CS on a Mac. If they were desperate to run CS3 they would just buy Windows boxes.

I think that, as someone who has been programming Windows and Mac machines since you were both twinkles in your fathers eyes, David's comment was meant more as an agreement and a "What's your point caller?"

I think the only sensitivity here is to the agression in the language being used in this thread. Nothing to do with the subject matter.

minidriver#1
8th April 2006, 03:43 AM
I think you're imagining the agression Gaj. I can point you to plenty of blogs from Mac purists who think this is a bad idea.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 05:43 AM
I can only see this move by Apple as a positive benefit especially for those in business that may require Windows for some particular use. - I do find the title of this thread offensive however.

minidriver#1
8th April 2006, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

I can only see this move by Apple as a positive benefit especially for those in business that may require Windows for some particular use. - I do find the title of this thread offensive however.

Then you need to get a sense of humour. Don't tell me you've never had a dig at non-Apple PC users. :D Myself and the Mac users at work are always throwing digs at each other in good faith and believe it or not sometimes we agree with the other sides views. I'd just like to take this opportunity to say my Dell as crashed fewer times than the 2 dual G5s and G4 machines put together . :p

I'm with you however, i see this as only a good move for Apple to try and gain a little more than the 5% market share they have on the home computer market. The dual G5's at work with 32inch sidescreen LCD monitors are very tempting indeed, but i'd want windows not OSX on my machine, because thats what i use and would be most productive with. I use a dual G5 at work but its secondary to my Dell workstation and although the Mac has a cleaner interface Windows is what i've grown up with. So this is a good move to stop forcing people to migrate to OS when they decide they want a Mac.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 05:53 PM
I am all in favour of freedom of choice and that is what this Apple Boot Camp gives. Personally I use a G5 at present, and for testing of Windows versions of my software I prefer to have a completely separate PC that I can run in parallel with the Mac.

I'm sorry if I was not amused by the title of the thread, but although it may be funny once or twice it becomes very wearing...

sh@z
8th April 2006, 08:07 PM
The title of the thread was in reference to a post in a previous thread, which was taken as intended :p

duncan
8th April 2006, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

becomes very wearing...

Much like the Windows bashing from the Apple community.
Swings and Roundabouts and all that.

3GGG
8th April 2006, 08:55 PM
OK Sh@z - no offence taken.

minidriver#1
11th April 2006, 05:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Think you've got this completely wrong. I don't know anyone who finds this news offensive, Everyone I know think's it's great news.

An unofficial prize had been offered to the first person who worked out how to install XP on a Mac because lots of people who use a Mac and a PC would much rather have one machine rather than two. This was achieved a couple of weeks before Apple released Boot Camp. I suspect that this is the reason for the official release rather than Adobe's delay in updating Adobe CS. I don't think many design studio's will rush out, buy new Intel Mac's, install XP then run Windows Adobe CS on a Mac. If they were desperate to run CS3 they would just buy Windows boxes.

I think that, as someone who has been programming Windows and Mac machines since you were both twinkles in your fathers eyes, David's comment was meant more as an agreement and a "What's your point caller?"

I think the only sensitivity here is to the agression in the language being used in this thread. Nothing to do with the subject matter.

CS3 isn't out yet. When CS3 is out it'll work on both Intel Macs and PC's. I've been a developer and a designer in two major institutions and have never come across a programmer using a Mac. Macs are generally used as creative tools for designers. PC's are the the developer platform of choice, usually in an XP or Linux/unix environment and sometimes Sun / Solaris too.

You might have been programming since we were still 'twinkles in our fathers eyes' but perhaps you should keep up to date with modern trends.

OMG another edit!

minidriver#1
11th April 2006, 07:28 PM
If you're interested the Go Digital BBC podcast has a section about the Boot Camp issue this week. You can get it from the following feed...

cut n paste into your podcast software

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/worldservice/godigital/rss.xml

And some interesting articles here...
http://www.newsvine.com/boot-camp

euan
11th April 2006, 11:20 PM
Is it possible....but surely if you can run Windoz on Macs can you do this the other way? Run OSX on PC's?

GAJ
11th April 2006, 11:34 PM
Not yet!

broken_brian
13th April 2006, 11:21 PM
Now osx on a pc i would go for that as i have had enough of xp in the last few weeks.