PDA

View Full Version : Black Mini Sold

Scottie
4th April 2006, 11:50 PM
As of today our e'mm Allan's black Mini has been sold back to the dealer.:(:disapprove:

Could have tried to sell it private but could not be bothered with the hassle and actually ended up with a good price well kinda good.;)

Nice wee buy if anyone is interested only cover 2000 miles 7 months.:cool:

GAJ
5th April 2006, 12:11 AM
So what's next?:question::p

Gismo
5th April 2006, 12:14 AM
Lucky you, i've been waiting around 4 months for a simple price to buy mine back

Scottie
5th April 2006, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Lucky you, i've been waiting around 4 months for a simple price to buy mine back

really:eek:
the whole process of contacting dealer and handing the car back today took just a few days.

Scottie
5th April 2006, 12:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

well TBH don't know.

what I do know is we are keeping the Silver Mini and the X5.

all the rest will go to be replaced by one car but what car I've no idea.
So far looked at the Z4 M Roadster the new MX5 and the 350ZX. Next on the list is the new Luxus IS220 and a SLK Roadster but then I like the new Civic but also the new Seat also the R32 but not sure about VW after my Touareg ordeal.

Just want something that is right and don't get fed up with it after 6 months.:I:disapprove:

X30YES
5th April 2006, 01:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well TBH don't know.

So far looked at the Z4 M Roadster the new MX5 and the 350ZX. Next on the list is the new Luxus IS220 and a SLK Roadster but then I like the new Civic but also the new Seat also the R32 but not sure about VW after my Touareg ordeal.

Just want something that is right and don't get fed up with it after 6 months.:I:disapprove:
Och, jist buy the lot :p;)

Crombers
5th April 2006, 01:22 AM

Is that possible SC ;)

Craig
5th April 2006, 01:45 AM
test drive the Civic - I drove a 2.2CDTI recently (demo at work) and it was Suuuuuperb.

It cornered like the Mini but was much more comfortable.. Depends what you want really...;)

AeroJonny
5th April 2006, 02:53 AM
I can personally recommend the team at Lexus Glasgow, they're fantastic. My mum and dad bought both their cars there, both sales and aftersales are of the highest standard. Iain McGrath can be contacted on 0141 352 5252.

N12 JLK
5th April 2006, 04:17 AM
Any photos of the wheels you never know Fiona!!:)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 04:25 AM
I would have the Z4 M or the SLK if it were me.:D

But then again I do like the MX5.......

L

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 05:04 AM
The new MX5 is a good motor, I love mine and it's the old version.......

It makes you feel special everytime you drive it. Fine it won't set the world alight performance-wise but it really is the perfect sports car. It would be a good alternative to the MINI and X5. Mind you if you bought a version like mine and got bored you can always buy the bolt on Turbo or Supercharger kit.

Mind you I'm sure there will be a new tubo kit soon for the new MX5.

The new MX5 will probably cost out right what you'd loose on depreciation from a Z4M over 4 years.

N12 JLK
5th April 2006, 05:19 AM
Quite like the new Honda Civics, like the front lighting set up with the glass over the full nose of the bonnet and the 2 triangular exhausts at the back.

markyc
5th April 2006, 08:26 AM
Friend of mine thought long and hard about the R32 but there were wee niggly things about VW inc the dealer that put him off, he ended up buying the new BMW 325 with M spec everywhere :approve::approve: Braw car :D;)

Like the new Civic and the new Lexus IS200 is GORGEOUS :approve::D:D:p

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 03:56 PM
SC, sounds like you have the same problem I have with cars, you get bored or as soon as something goes wrong you lose interest. I decided that when we change the MINI I'd pick a car that was a good drive, not hideously expensive to run, reliable and felt special.

Thats how I came up with the MX5, if your worried about reliability check out the reliability index for cars on www.warrantydirect.co.uk, some of the cars you've listed might be too new to get reliability info the new MX5 certainly. My only wish was I hadn't had to trade in the MINI as i could have pick up a brand new one (05 del mileage) 1.8 Sport for only 13k.

The S2000 might be a good choice, great car, bomb proof reliability, reasonble running costs (compared to an Subaru). Plus is not just a tuned family car its a proper, designed from the ground up sports car that'll be quick enough to keep you happy. It came out top overall in the recent Auto-Express survey as well.

X30YES
5th April 2006, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

SC, sounds like you have the same problem I have with cars, you get bored or as soon as something goes wrong you lose interest. I decided that when we change the MINI I'd pick a car that was a good drive, not hideously expensive to run, reliable and felt special.I'm looking for a woman like that :D:D:D:D
Thats how I came up with the MX5, if your worried about reliability check out the reliability index for cars on www.warrantydirect.co.uk, some of the cars you've listed might be too new to get reliability info the new MX5 certainly. My only wish was I hadn't had to trade in the MINI as i could have pick up a brand new one (05 del mileage) 1.8 Sport for only 13k.

The S2000 might be a good choice, great car, bomb proof reliability, reasonble running costs (compared to an Subaru). Plus is not just a tuned family car its a proper, designed from the ground up sports car that'll be quick enough to keep you happy. It came out top overall in the recent Auto-Express survey as well.

euan
5th April 2006, 06:33 PM

well TBH don't know.

They are all quite different - you can't compare an IS220 to a Z4M!

I saw one of them (IS220) on the M40 this morning, looks a great car. I looked at the new Seats the other week (dealer is at the top of my road and it was raining, what am I supposed to do?) and was a bit dissapointed with the interior. Compared to the Golf, it didn't feel as nice. I know a few folk with Golfs and they had a couple of niggles (door seals coming off is a very common one) and one had a new engine at 20K! Albeit that was the 2.0 GT TDi and not the R32.

New MX5 looks meaty and very nice, I love the aggresive wheel arches.

The S2000 is getting on in years, new one must be due soon? But they still turn heads and are cracking fun (the vtec - what an engine!). Bullet proof reliability, and the dealers are quite ok in my experience.

I don't know enough about the Civic but i do like the way it looks.

350Z. Big car, nice inside and the noise! We've spoken about the Z4M in other posts, and having been through all that I'm still not sure what the outcome is!!

If it's reliability your after, Japanese is the way to go. I'm a big S2000 fan, but at the moment anyway a new MX5 is more exclusive as there are less about. I like them a lot, have always fancied one but practicalities get in the way.

The choice, as they say, is yours....

(btw, why have you ruled out the RX8??)

Scottie
5th April 2006, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

some one told me they were expensive to run.

euan
5th April 2006, 07:30 PM

Good enough reason - I know my brother finds his a tad pricey to run!

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 08:49 PM
The RX8 came out the worst for running costs in the Auto Express survey, 20mpg at best plus all the oil it uses as well :(

GAJ
5th April 2006, 09:06 PM

Not as expensive as changing cars every few months!;) If you like them, don't rule one out.

X30YES
5th April 2006, 09:45 PM

The RX8 came out the worst for running costs in the Auto Express survey, 20mpg at best plus all the oil it uses as well :(
and the resale vale is not so good:(nice looking car tho :)

zimbo
6th April 2006, 12:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Why, Alan(BS) what are you getting now????

Fiona how about an Audi RS4 from what I have heard they are amazing cars, the performance and road holding are superb, but you would expect that from a four wheel drive vehicle anyway... If I had the money that would definately be in my garage... :p:cool::D Im sure what ever you get it will be nice. :D

Gismo
6th April 2006, 03:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo
Why, Alan(BS) what are you getting now????
Hadn't given it much thought, i've done about 4,000 miles in the last year and that included two trips down south, I'm just not using the car and thought about a classic

quote:Originally posted by zimbo
Fiona how about an Audi RS4 from what I have heard they are amazing cars,
Keep up :p I posted that on another thread ;)

The Dogfather
6th April 2006, 03:58 AM
But its £46k, I suppose if you can afford it then perhaps it should be top of your list. Clarkson went GaGa over it.

The Dogfather
6th April 2006, 04:04 AM
What about a Monaro VXR :question: 6ltr V8 400+bhp.

OK its got a Vauxhall badge but its got the same engine as a corvette and its 'only' £36k.

GAJ
6th April 2006, 06:01 AM
You and your Monaro's! Who in there right mind would spend 36k on a Vauxhall?

The Dogfather
6th April 2006, 06:33 AM

The Top Gear presenters for a start

Julz
6th April 2006, 03:51 PM
I would agree with BS (and Zimbo) on the RS4, the R32, very nice, fun to dtive and stunning in blue, Lexus, well, it's a Lexus;), MX5, dinnae ken and the only other one I can remember from your list is the civic! I wasn't very impressed with it, looks amazing but just lacks something (like door handles that don't feel like they're away to snap!:sleepy:):D:D

How about an Evo 9?? Very nice in blue, if I had the cash I'd swap Marvin for one!:eek::clown::p:D

euan
6th April 2006, 04:33 PM

The Top Gear presenters for a start

But they aren't buying it, they just give it stick for two days and hand it back...

Duncan Stewart
6th April 2006, 04:37 PM
How was the 350Z? from what I've seen & read they are great cars :Dalthough I've never actually test driven one (scared I might take out a second morgage to buy it! :eek:;))

jamesp
6th April 2006, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to add my thoughts as I took delivery of the new R32 two weeks ago today - so far I have only done 400 miles. I have to say its excellent. I was worried about dealer etc but did a lot of shopping around and did not order until I was totally happy with the dealer.

The one downside is your unlikely to get an R32 ordered in your specification until November(ish) - I ordered mine in September and it arrived three weeks ago.

In comparison to the mini the R32 is more refined, more subtle (the boy racers do not notice it), and the noise is fantastic!

As for the RS4 - Fantastic car and saw one in Cardiff last week - but I was under the impression that there is a two year waiting list?

X30YES
6th April 2006, 11:36 PM
The 350Z is a geat car 3.5 V6 ..and had a run in one when I was over in Spain, it can shift that's for sure ,but did hear all the extra's do mount up .....and what a sound system it has as well (Bose),guess it all depends on what you want the car for !!.The R32 is a Golf really for me ,The AudiRS4 is a stunning car at a price ,Lots of BMW's around and is a looker as well , the 350Z is a wee bit different and if it was my other car I would be tempted for sure .